Steve and Margie

UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I also am unemployed. However, I didn't list my unemployment as income, I only used my savings. I was unable to get a cosponsor. I am curious, did they accept your cosponsor or did you list your unemployment as income. Our interview is only 14 days away and I am really concerned about this. My income is only $770 per month not counting unemployment. I do have about $100, 000 in savings, stock market, and in property and was hoping that would help. How much longer do you have on unemployment if they used that. Mine is due to end in 2-3 months. Thanks, Jim

You will have no problem!!! Your savings is plenty! I did list my unemployment as income, there were no questions asked about my job, my income nothing!! Good luck!

Hi again Steve and Margie...

Thanks for keeping us updated with all the good information. It's very helpful. :thumbs:

I'm guessing that your 2011 income is going to be about the same as your 2010 income since you are still on unemployment and working side jobs. If that is true, I'm pleasantly surprised that your income qualified. You are truly blessed. :)

If your 2011 income will be below the minimum of $18,212 for a household of two, the Embassy must have accepted your cosponsor's I-134 Affidavit of Support. Does Margie remember submitting the cosponsor's I-134?

You will have no problem!!! Your savings is plenty! I did list my unemployment as income, there were no questions asked about my job, my income nothing!! Good luck!

Thank you very much for replying to my message. I have been stressing terribly about this. We have been delayed a few days in the medical process as they say she needs to go to Queson City to have another psych eval. She had a prior annulment and the only way she could get out of that marriage was psych. I Her ex-husband is remarried and she wanted out because he was cheating on her. Hopefully we will not have any more problems with this, because at this point I don't think I can get a co-sponsor. Thanks again.

Steve -

People are wanting to know two things -

Did you show the unemployment income on your affidavit?

Did you submit your affidavit with your sister's? In other words, did Margie hand them 2 affidavits?

Hello, I also am unemployed. However, I didn't list my unemployment as income, I only used my savings. I was unable to get a cosponsor. I am curious, did they accept your cosponsor or did you list your unemployment as income. Our interview is only 14 days away and I am really concerned about this. My income is only $770 per month not counting unemployment. I do have about $100, 000 in savings, stock market, and in property and was hoping that would help. How much longer do you have on unemployment if they used that. Mine is due to end in 2-3 months. Thanks, Jim

Jimmy, how much of this is cash? How much is stocks? How much is property?

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Thank you Tahoma. Margie and I are very blessed!

Congratz on your approval Steve and Margie!!! :star:

I'm also interested in what happened at the interview. Your answers may help others who are in the same boat.

> Did the Embassy accept your cosponsor?

> How did your unemployment benefits factor into the equation?

> What was your income in 2010 (including unemployment benefits)?

> What is your projected income for 2011 (including unemployment benefits)?

> Did you attend the interview?

> Are you working now? If so, how long have you been working?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. :star:

Timeline

Yes, Margie handed them 2 affidavits, and I did add the unemployment on the affidavit. The last interviewer only asked for my W2's. Glanced at it and told Margie she is approved!

Steve -

Did you submit your affidavit with your sister's? In other words, did Margie hand them 2 affidavits?

Timeline

Jimmy, Once again, I don't think you will have any problem with your interview. When your fiance completes here medical she will be fine. Margie also had to under go a psych eval but it was a breeze! The doctor was super nice! They were understanding, not judgmental! I believe your "combined" assets alone will help a great deal, because that is what they look for. Your "combined" assets. Is it just your fiance you are bringing here, or are there children also. Even so, you will be fine I'm sure.

Thank you very much for replying to my message. I have been stressing terribly about this. We have been delayed a few days in the medical process as they say she needs to go to Queson City to have another psych eval. She had a prior annulment and the only way she could get out of that marriage was psych. I Her ex-husband is remarried and she wanted out because he was cheating on her. Hopefully we will not have any more problems with this, because at this point I don't think I can get a co-sponsor. Thanks again.

Timeline

Tahoma, You are probably 100% correct about the embassy accepting my co-sponsor. I will have to ask Margie if she handed them both affidavits but I'm pretty sure she did. What is amazing to me about the whole interview is that they asked no questions about my income! Of course that was our biggest worry. Margie and I have strong faith in God and believe in divine planning. If it is Gods plan, nothing will stand in the way of it! Even if we had been denied, we would have followed the instructions to do whatever it took to accomplish our goal. We were quite ready to do so!! hehehe

Hi again Steve and Margie...

Thanks for keeping us updated with all the good information. It's very helpful. :thumbs:

I'm guessing that your 2011 income is going to be about the same as your 2010 income since you are still on unemployment and working side jobs. If that is true, I'm pleasantly surprised that your income qualified. You are truly blessed. :)

If your 2011 income will be below the minimum of $18,212 for a household of two, the Embassy must have accepted your cosponsor's I-134 Affidavit of Support. Does Margie remember submitting the cosponsor's I-134?

Jimmy, Once again, I don't think you will have any problem with your interview. When your fiance completes here medical she will be fine. Margie also had to under go a psych eval but it was a breeze! The doctor was super nice! They were understanding, not judgmental! I believe your "combined" assets alone will help a great deal, because that is what they look for. Your "combined" assets. Is it just your fiance you are bringing here, or are there children also. Even so, you will be fine I'm sure.

She already has had to go to St. Lukes 4 days, then the last psych doctor, (a gay, and rude to her, he said why did you lie on your annulment? Everyone knows that is about the only way you can get one in the Phils.) told her she had to go to Queson City to have another psych eval. done. That one costs 3500p, and she is there today. After that they will decide if we can proceed. This whole process has been very frustrating. We also were delayed at the NVC 1 month for additional processing. I'm sure glad she is still being strong.

Steve -

$57,000 in bank account, $19,500 in stocks, $46,000 in property value equity.

Edited by jimmyzr1

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but things can still work out. Yeah, you just never know the attitude of some people. We were fortunate. Yes, annulments are difficult to obtain in the Philippines and very costly. You should be able to get everything cleared up in time for your interview. We will be praying for you guys! Filipina's have strong faith, that is what's keeping her going!

She already has had to go to St. Lukes 4 days, then the last psych doctor, (a gay, and rude to her, he said why did you lie on your annulment? Everyone knows that is about the only way you can get one in the Phils.) told her she had to go to Queson City to have another psych eval. done. That one costs 3500p, and she is there today. After that they will decide if we can proceed. This whole process has been very frustrating. We also were delayed at the NVC 1 month for additional processing. I'm sure glad she is still being strong.

Timeline

I believe your savings alone with your current income will do the job. Does you fiance have any children Jimmy? If not, I see no problem what so ever. If I remember right I was told you need to have at lest 3,000.00 in savings and 1,500.00 in saving for each additional child. I may be wrong because it has been some time. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

$57,000 in bank account, $19,500 in stocks, $46,000 in property value equity.

I believe your savings alone with your current income will do the job. Does you fiance have any children Jimmy? If not, I see no problem what so ever. If I remember right I was told you need to have at lest 3,000.00 in savings and 1,500.00 in saving for each additional child. I may be wrong because it has been some time. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

She has 1 son, but he lives with her ex's parents and won't be coming over at this time. They don't want him to leave the Philippines at this time so hopefully we won't have to qualify for 3 at this time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.