^_^

Fans stand in line for over 15 rainy hours for a chance to meet her

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Some Sarah Palin fans in Columbia endured rain and cold overnight to nab a wristband that promises some face time with the former Alaska governor during her book signing.

Some began lining up at 1 a.m. outside the Barnes & Noble bookstore for the event, which didn't start until 6 p.m.

The bookstore designated 500 red wristbands on a first-come, first-serve basis for a guaranteed autograph of the former GOP vice-presidential candidate and potential 2012 presidential contender. By Thursday morning, nearly 450 were gone.

First in line was Penney Reynolds, who came prepared at 11 p.m. Tuesday with a sleeping bag and two umbrellas, to get a wristband for her dad.

"He said he wished he could go," the West Columbia resident told The State newspaper of Columbia. "So I decided I'd take the day off work and do this special thing for him. If he just gets a glimpse of her tomorrow, he'll be speechless."

Others braving temperatures that dropped to the low 40s included Kerri Staton of Swansea and Angel Simmons of Red Bank, who pitched a tent filled with blankets and had a cooler of snacks.

"I just love her," Staton told the newspaper.

The line grew to 70 by 3 a.m., and to 100 by 6 a.m., for wristbands that wouldn't be passed out for another nine hours, Lee said.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/12/02/1846126/palin-fans-in-sc-endure-rain-cold.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

how did I know "her" was Palin? :dead:

I was thinking Lady GaGa myself. Maybe the same......NM

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla