Jeremy&Kathy

How to Conquer the Montreal Consulate Backlog

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

I was required to send additinal documents after the interview in Sept. 2010. It has been 22 weeks since I sent out the documents with the passport by DHL. However, I haven't got any reply. Could any body told me which phone no. I can call to check if the documents were delivered to IVM.

Thank you.

Jo Chin

Oh my, 22 weeks is absolutely terrible. Please read my original post at the beginning of this thread. I describe how I sent a fax to the consulate and received a call back the same day. There is no phone number where you can reach anyone. A fax describing your situation is your best bet. Make sure you address it to "IV Unit Supervisor".

Jeremy

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Jeremy,

Thanks a lot.

Jo

Oh my, 22 weeks is absolutely terrible. Please read my original post at the beginning of this thread. I describe how I sent a fax to the consulate and received a call back the same day. There is no phone number where you can reach anyone. A fax describing your situation is your best bet. Make sure you address it to "IV Unit Supervisor".

Jeremy

• 2 months later...

My visa was approved last thursday june 9 from US Consulate in Monreal and it is now tuesday June 14 and I still havent received my passport through DHL. Does anyone know whats going on or how long it takes? and what exactly do I need to get the passport back from DHL?..any help would be appreciated..thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My visa was approved last thursday june 9 from US Consulate in Monreal and it is now tuesday June 14 and I still havent received my passport through DHL. Does anyone know whats going on or how long it takes? and what exactly do I need to get the passport back from DHL?..any help would be appreciated..thanks!

Did you register for DHL delivery to a specific DHL location online? You should have got a "reference number". You can use this reference number at dhl.ca to check if your passport has been shipped yet. If it has been shipped then you will see the current status and whether it is ready for pickup yet.

Jeremy

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I registered my husband, I selected Permanently Immigrate to the US - Register for Courier Services Only, since his interview was already scheduled by the NVC. He already had his interview on 7/22, so I don't want to change anything. Was this the correct option to select? You had said in your post listing directions for registering on the website, you said to select Permanently Immigrate to US (scheduled by NVC). Is this going to pose a problem if we didn't make that selection? I used the Reference #, and checked the dhl.ca website, and so far it hasn't been sent out. There is another thread where some people have had to wait 3-4 weeks for their passport and visa. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.