Jeremy&Kathy

How to Conquer the Montreal Consulate Backlog

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

...nothing happens today, nobody called no update

:help:

I'm willing to bet that the supervisor did get your fax. Perhaps he did not call but will still locate your file and get on it! Keep us updated...

Timeline

Jeremy&Kathy, you said "ADVICE #7: Don't rely on the CSC website to tell you if your visa has been issued. Use the reference number obtained there to check the tracking status at dhl.ca." Are you saying there is a web site that tells you your visa status (hovewer unreliable that is)? How does this work? Thanks

People ask about this a lot on the Montreal Timeline topic. I answered recently here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/94768-ir1-cr1-montreal-timeline-to-interview/page__view__findpost__p__4337711

This morning I logged in to the the www.usvisa-info.com website and to my surprise I found a reference number.

I am not sure if this is the VISA or something since Montreal did not email me if our visa is approved or not.

I called DOS and the said my VISA is still on review.

I am not sure if DOS systems are updated on a timely manner as Montreal put notes on the application status.

I checked DHL website and put the number in either Waybill # or Reference #, still no result yet.

How long before the DHL website gets updated for tracking?

I called DH and they said the my reference Number is not valid, there is no "S" on it and this number is internal to the embassy when you send package back to them. I have not seen this before so maybe they are planning more documents to send to them and I am thinking if they require another medical exam.....

wheww...

Timeline

I called DH and they said the my reference Number is not valid, there is no "S" on it and this number is internal to the embassy when you send package back to them. I have not seen this before so maybe they are planning more documents to send to them and I am thinking if they require another medical exam.....

wheww...

Everyone gets a reference number (and the ability to log in to the CSC website) as soon as your interview is first scheduled. That reference number will be associated with any DHL shipments (either TO or FROM the consulate). At DHL.CA you can enter the reference number to track those shipments. If no shipment has been made yet, then DHL will say that there is no such reference number. Just keep checking with your reference number at DHL.CA and as soon as your visa has been issued you will be able tot see the tracking information.

It's possible that the consulate has slowed down for the holidays. You could try faxing them again in early January if you still haven't heard anything.

• 2 weeks later...

They could have noticed my email but its also for the 6-8 weeks grace period whenever we send documents to the embassy for review.

I got a letter and advised to redo medical and so we did booked asap. I guess my wait is getting extended...

Timeline

They could have noticed my email but its also for the 6-8 weeks grace period whenever we send documents to the embassy for review.

I got a letter and advised to redo medical and so we did booked asap. I guess my wait is getting extended...

That really sucks. They sent you a letter saying that you must redo the medical because it expired?? I can't believe they would do that when it is their own fault that it expired before they had time to process your case! Did this really happen??

yes dear maybe they are thinking on the safe side.

Lets say if they approved me on the 20th i could have gotten my visa in DHL in 1-2 weeks plus with all the holidays in the december who knows and it would been Jan 4th and its the day my medical expired.

so whats gonna happen i'm not ready to move yet with all the packing and stuff and the border will not let you in if your medical has expired.

I guess this is my destiny :blink::unsure:

Edited by tauruslady

Timeline

Our interview is Feb 24th, can we not wait to pick up the VISA that day? I read on a monteal review that a person did that very thing? I just wondered if that is at all available?

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well that really stinks; sorry you are having such a rough go of it. I hope Montreal finally gets things moving for you.

Our interview is Feb 24th, can we not wait to pick up the VISA that day? I read on a monteal review that a person did that very thing? I just wondered if that is at all available?

I have not read of anyone recently getting their visa the same day. I do, however, know of someone that interviewed in December and was able to pick it up the following day. This is not the norm for Montreal. You can ask at your interview but I would not make any travel plans based around getting it the same or even next day. It's a bonus if it works out but there's no guarantee. Good luck.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Plans to keep this in mind!

10/10/09: Married in Hamilton, Ontario :)

04/01/2010 : I-130 Sent

04/16/10 : NOA1 Issued (Hard Copy)

09/02/2010: File Touched Fingers Crossed

09/24/2010: NOA2 Approval!!!

• 161 Days since NOA1 - NOA2
    ------------------
    NVC Received File - 10/04/2010
    10/07/2010 Received Case #/Opted into Electronic Processing

• OPT IN EMAIL CONFIRMATION INTO ELECTRONIC PROCESSING RECEIVED 10/25 TOOK 18 DAYS FROM INITIAL EMAIL SENT
    • DS3032 Sent Following Electronic Proccessing Formats

10/15/2010: I-864(AOS) fee ($88) payment Received

10/18/2010: I-864 (AOS) PAID

10/20/2010: AOS package Sent via Email for Electronic Processing

10/22/2010: IV Bill Invoiced

10/22/2010: IV Bill Paid (Shown Paid Status 8/25/2010)

10/27/2010:DS Forms Emailed Via Email for Electronic Processing

01/06/2011: Sign in Failed

11/23/2010: AOS package review completed

01/05/2011: IV package review completed

01/06/2011: Case Completed (Received case complete Email VIA Electronic Processing)

01/07/2011: Consulate Interview Scheduled

Consulate

02/15/2011: Medical

03/04/2011: Interview

U.S

03/07/2011: POE South of Montreal US-CDN border

03/07/2011: Welcome Letter

03/24/2011: Green Card

• 2 months later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

It has been about 22 weeks after I sent out the additional documents by DHL. I am afraid that the documents wasn't delivered to IVM. Could you let me know which no. you called to check they received your documents.

Thank you.

Jo Chin

HI,

I'd been in long waiting and waiting endlessly since March just to get an interview schedule and after my interview, the Officer was not convinced of my financial docs I-864 and required me to submit a co-sponsor (NO CHECK ON THE ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING BOX). My interview was 2 weeks ahead of Jeremy&Kathy.

One week after the interview, we complied and submitted these documents together with our passports and I called to check with DOS notes and the agent told me that Montreal received it and is looking into our documents. I asked him if there are other documents required of us or some negative notes on my file, but he said none.

It says in the Refusal Letter issued to me during the interview that it will take 6-8 weeks to process and I respect that. That is why I am hesitant to call, fax or bother them as it may give them a negative impression and instead of approving us it will turn against us.

So, if I count my calendar it is already 6 weeks today and I have to wait for 2 more weeks ( to complete the 8 weeks) and that is by the end of December before bothering them.

Is it a good plan, what do you think?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

I was required to send additinal documents after the interview in Sept. 2010. It has been 22 weeks since I sent out the documents with the passport by DHL. However, I haven't got any reply. Could any body told me which phone no. I can call to check if the documents were delivered to IVM.

Thank you.

Jo Chin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.