chivasgeo

B2 Visa for In-Laws - BANGKOK

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

ALL,

I am in the process of helping my Father and Mother In-law in trying to obtain the B2 Visitor's visa. So far I've already set up an on-line account and pre-filled all the forms necessary for them.

My questions is when the in-laws arrive at the US Consulate during the day of the appointment, do they just go up front and show the print out of the appointment or will they need to wait in line. Anyone know of anybody that had an appointment recently? If so, any information about what their experience was would be appreciated.

Oh, and I didn't see any requirements for non-immigrants to get a police report so I guess Police reports are only for immigrant visas to US?

Thanks in advanced for any information.

regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-20-04 Mailed I-129F to USCIS CSC

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

04-06-05 USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) receives AOS Package

04-13-05 Received NOA1s for I-485 & I-131

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

08-15-05 Green Card received

Greetings!

I am not so sure with other countries but in the Philippines the queue for visitors visa applicants is not the same as the queue for the immingrants. ( includuing K1 and K3 aplicants as well employement purposes)

They all directly go to one area of the Embassy and will only take more or less 10 minutes for them to be interviewed right at the counter.

griffin

Let your wife check out this website. It's very helpful. Unfortunately, it's all in Thai. She can find the answers you need in here.

http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.php?id=l...irl&group=1

K-1 journey

Apr 11, 2006 - mailed I-129F to VSC

Apr 24, 2006 - NOA1

Sep 26, 2006 - NOA2

Nov 30, 2006 - interview app. - approved :-)

Dec 1, 2006 - picked up visa

Dec 3, 2006 - POE Newark

Dec 20, 2006 - Marriage

AOS journey

Jan 24, 2007 - DORA appointment - accepted - interviewed -- day 1

Jan 29, 2007 - notice date on NOA 1 -- day 6

Feb 15, 2007 - Biometrics appointment -- day 23

Mar 14, 2007 - welcome notice -- day 50

Mar 19, 2007 - welcome notice by snail mail & card production ordered -- day 55

Mar 23, 2007 - approval notice sent -- day 59

Mar 26, 2007 - green card received -- day 62

I-751 Removal of conditional green card

Dec 15, 2009 - mailed I-751 to VSC

Dec 30, 2009 - Notice Date on NOA

Jan 30, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

May 28, 2009 - approval notice by snail mail

Jun 22, 2009 - green card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi George,

I'm going to reply here, rather than over at the TFB. Here is some information on my MIL's interview. It's very strange, my wifes family has had a very easy time getting B2's in thailand, which from what I read is quite the opposite of norm.

• My MIL did not wait in line she walked up and and turned in her paperwork, she was called for her interview very quickly.
  • She previously had a B2, however it had expired several years ago so I'm not sure it that made things easier for her.
  • She says she was "sponsored" by her nephew, who I hear is a very famous actor in Thailand. she gave them a copy of his passport.
  • I'm told she was basically only asked about her business and the length of her trip. the interview took less than 15 minutes from the time she was called.

I wish I could be more help and I'm sure some things were lost in translation.. Unfortunately that is about ll the information I could come up with.

Ty

Edited by twellspeak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi George,

I'm going to reply here, rather than over at the TFB. Here is some information on my MIL's interview. It's very strange, my wifes family has had a very easy time getting B2's in thailand, which from what I read is quite the opposite of norm.

• My MIL did not wait in line she walked up and and turned in her paperwork, she was called for her interview very quickly.
  • She previously had a B2, however it had expired several years ago so I'm not sure it that made things easier for her.
  • She says she was "sponsored" by her nephew, who I hear is a very famous actor in Thailand. she gave them a copy of his passport.
  • I'm told she was basically only asked about her business and the length of her trip. the interview took less than 15 minutes from the time she was called.

I wish I could be more help and I'm sure some things were lost in translation.. Unfortunately that is about ll the information I could come up with.

Ty

Thanks Ty,

Every little info helps. We are just crossing our fingers (at the very least) -MIL gets the approval, better that both MIL & FIL should get it....Oct 2nd will be the interview!!

BTW: good luck to Dao with the AOS interview and thanks again.

regards,

George

Let your wife check out this website. It's very helpful. Unfortunately, it's all in Thai. She can find the answers you need in here.

http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.php?id=l...irl&group=1

James n Naina,

Thanks for this link, my wife going to read info in it now....

Also GRIFFIN, thanks for your input.

regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-20-04 Mailed I-129F to USCIS CSC

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

04-06-05 USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) receives AOS Package

04-13-05 Received NOA1s for I-485 & I-131

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

08-15-05 Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.