mcdsnight

St Luke's Medical Question

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was just wondering, for those who were finished with their medical, what's the best time and day to go? Like super early? or what? Thank you so much for your feedbacks...:)

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

my wife did her medical about 2 weeks and she was there by 6 am and she told me there were already people waiting in line to get in. there wasn't a lot of people, but she said that there was a bunch of them already at that time. of course, she thinks that going on a wednesday may have helped. she's thinking that most people probably had went monday. so when i talked to her after their medical, i asked her if her theory worked since they were practically there the whole day. actually, they were there the whole day :rofl:

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Timeline

My fiance just had his Medical last monday. I told him to go like around 7am. But when he got there, there's already a lot of people waiting in line. You probably want to come earlier.

GoodLuck =)

PS: dont forget to bring a snack. :whistle:

02/21/11: POE L.A.

03/04/11: Applied for SSI

04/01/11: passed actual Driving test!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

04/28/11: AOS packet sent USPS

04/29/20: AOS received by J.C (Chicago)

05/04/11: Tx message from USCIS that application rec'v

05/04/11: check cashed $1,070 whew!

05/23/11: Biometrics Appt @ 2pm

06/07/11: USCIS text notification

07/09/11: Interview/ AOS Approved!/ Card production tx notice

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Get up early? :huh: Go fall in line? :huh:

Why punish yourself like that? Here is a much better idea:

Sleep in until 8:00 am. :) Have a cup of 3-in-1 and enjoy a leisurely breakfast until 9:30 am. :) Arrive at St. Lukes around 10:00 am or so. :) Walk right in because there is no line. :) Complete your medical at the same time as all of those crazy people who got up early and fell in line outside of St. Lukes. :D

Timeline

Sleep in until 8:00 am. :) Have a cup of 3-in-1 and enjoy a leisurely breakfast until 9:30 am. :) Arrive at St. Lukes around 10:00 am or so. :) Walk right in because there is no line. :) Complete your medical at the same time as all of those crazy people who got up early and fell in line outside of St. Lukes. :D

for real Tahoma???

coz if that's the best way I'll sure do that...hahaha I am not an early bird that's why I asked....:P

Timeline

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

My wife went there about noon and was done before 5. She waited longest for the physical portion of the medical.

It is best 2 go about lunchtime tuesday-thursday. No need 2 go early in the morning.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

My wife went there about noon and was done before 5. She waited longest for the physical portion of the medical.

It is best 2 go about lunchtime tuesday-thursday. No need 2 go early in the morning.

woohoo that's good news for me! :P

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

I agree. That strategy has worked for me all the time here in Pinas (St. Luke's, DFA, NBI, NSO). I've noticed Pinoys tend to line up really really early. So I do the opposite. I only arrive early in the morning if I actually have an appointment.

I arrived at St. Lukes (first day) at 12:03 p.m. and I was out at 1:13 p.m. I figured, if I have to wait in line for hours and hours, I'd much rather do it on a full stomach. I'm one of those people who cannot eat a LARGE meal before 8 a.m. (Eating early in the morning when I'm not hungry makes me gag/puke. he he) so lining up early does not work for me unless I have no option to do otherwise.

My first day data is skewed though since I went to St. Luke's the day after Typhoon Basyang (not sure if I remember the name correctly) hit Manila last July. There were very very few people around (max of 5 people on each floor).

When I went back two days after (Manila back to normal) to St. Luke's for my PE and immunization, I arrived at 12:30 p.m. and I was done at 3:30 p.m.

Timeline

I agree. That strategy has worked for me all the time here in Pinas (St. Luke's, DFA, NBI, NSO). I've noticed Pinoys tend to line up really really early. So I do the opposite. I only arrive early in the morning if I actually have an appointment.

I arrived at St. Lukes (first day) at 12:03 p.m. and I was out at 1:13 p.m. I figured, if I have to wait in line for hours and hours, I'd much rather do it on a full stomach. I'm one of those people who cannot eat a LARGE meal before 8 a.m. (Eating early in the morning when I'm not hungry makes me gag/puke. he he) so lining up early does not work for me unless I have no option to do otherwise.

My first day data is skewed though since I went to St. Luke's the day after Typhoon Basyang (not sure if I remember the name correctly) hit Manila last July. There were very very few people around (max of 5 people on each floor).

When I went back two days after (Manila back to normal) to St. Luke's for my PE and immunization, I arrived at 12:30 p.m. and I was done at 3:30 p.m.

probably it's fast coz there's a typhoon? hmmmm I should wait til there's one.hahahha

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

for real Tahoma???

coz if that's the best way I'll sure do that...hahaha I am not an early bird that's why I asked....:P

:yes::thumbs:

woohoo that's good news for me! :P

probably it's fast coz there's a typhoon? hmmmm I should wait til there's one.hahahha

:lol::thumbs:

I was just wondering, for those who were finished with their medical, what's the best time and day to go? Like super early? or what? Thank you so much for your feedbacks...:)

There is a line forming very early there, 5am. But my wife's friend was there super early at 5 and my wife arrived at 6:30. My wife was finished before her friend reached the halfway point. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to who they call first or last. Still, early is the safe bet.

Sent ----- March 2, 2010

NOA1 ----- March 11 2010

NOA2 ----- July 14, 2010 Yahoooooo!!! Sige na, lets GO na.

125 days I-130 approval

Got NVC Number on----------- July 23, 2010

Got email of ds3032/AOS bill---- July 29, 2010

Paid AOS bill ---------------- July 29, 2010

PAID IV BILL -----------------Aug 13, 2010

Rec Instructions --------------Aug 16, 2010

Mailed DS-230 ---------------Aug 16, 2010

NVC case completed -----------Sept 1

NVC sent to Embassy ----------Sept 1

Embassy Received petition ------ Sept 8 2010

Passed the Medical Exam --------Sept 29, 2010

Interview ---------------------October 20, 2010

Approved

MY WIFE IS HOME NA! It's like living a dream everyday.

Timeline

hmmmmm this is confusing...hahahha

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

hmmmmm this is confusing...hahahha

Some people like to get up early and fall in line for no good reason!

Not us. :D

Timeline

Some people like to get up early and fall in line for no good reason!

Not us. :D

not me as well :P

Timeline

June 17, 2010 - touched

in God we trust....

Seems the best time to go is Tue or Wed at noon. Give yourself up to 3 days to complete the medical (in case you or your kids need to undergo a skin test, the results take 48 hours). And if memory serves me right, they don't do skin tests on Friday.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.