chimi

Question about Ciudad Juarez

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Several weeks ago somebody posted saying that they had contacted Cd Juarez because they still had not recieved packet 3, and that they were told by someone at the consulate that there was a 5 to 8 month wait period for packet 3 to be sent out. Just wondering because I'm in Mexico now (but far from Juarez) and I'm wondering how long until we can go for the interview, since it seems to be established that you have to wait until packet 3 is sent out to have the interview. Anybody have any further info on this? I'm going to call the consulate next week and I'll post what I find out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Several weeks ago somebody posted saying that they had contacted Cd Juarez because they still had not recieved packet 3, and that they were told by someone at the consulate that there was a 5 to 8 month wait period for packet 3 to be sent out. Just wondering because I'm in Mexico now (but far from Juarez) and I'm wondering how long until we can go for the interview, since it seems to be established that you have to wait until packet 3 is sent out to have the interview. Anybody have any further info on this? I'm going to call the consulate next week and I'll post what I find out.

It took 2 months for them to mail our packet 3. I, USC, got packet 3 days after it was mailed. My fiance in Mexico still has not gotten his packet - almost been a month since it was mailed. They told me too on the phone that wait would be 5 months. Hopefully this will give you some hope that it is not taking 5 months. However there is a little bit longer wait in CDJ then some embassies. But good thing is that there are no interview dates for K1 visa, once you get packet you can just go. So that will make up some time. Good luck with the process. Be patient is my advise, CDJ is pretty backed up right now I believe.

2/24/06: 129 mailed

3/01/06: NOA1

5/02/06: NOA2

5/18/06: CDJ Receives case

7/19/06: CDJ mails packet

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

11/27/06: recvd letter from CDJ - Appointment set for Jan 11, 2007

1/11/07: Visa received!!!!!

AOS:

3/26/07: AOS mailed

4/3/07: NOA1

4/23/07: Biometrics Appt

5/2/07: AOS transferred to CSC

5/21/07: Email from CSC stating AOS pending

6/12/07: EAD Card ordered (received email)

6/20/07: EAD Card received in mail

8/23/07: Card Production Ordered

8/30/07: Greencard received in mail

Lifting of Conditions:

5/26/09: I-751 mailed

6/1/09: NOA1

6/3/09: Check Cashed

7/7/09: Biometrics Appt

10/30/09: Approval Date

11/5/09: Received Notice in the mail

11/21/09: Greencard received in mail!

Naturalization:

8/12/10: N-400 Mailed

8/20/10: NOA1 (check cashed 8/24)

9/8/10: Early Biometrics. In and Out in 5 min!

9/22/10: Scheduled Biometrics Appt

11/4/10: Interview Appt - Passed!!!

01/27/11: Oath!!! Yippee!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As long as the consulate has received all your information from the NVC, you can go for your interview (make sure you have all the appropriate forms downloaded form the CJ consulate's website and that they actually have your case). Our case left the NVC in mid-June and my fiance (in Mexico) got his packet three in early July. We went after we received the packet and noticed that the only difference between the packet and what is online at the CJ website is form 156, which you can get online (maybe even here at VJ). 5 months seems like an exaggeration; I would make sure they actually have received and generated the number for your case before you go, but 5 months to send out packet three?? Then again, who knows. I saw some weird things while I was there. Good luck!

Naturalization (N-400)

5/17/2010 application sent to Texas Lockbox

5/20/2010 check cashed

5/25/2010 NOA

6/07/2010 biometrics letter received

6/16/2010 biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As far as i know you dont need to wait for packet 3. If you are waiting for it before you go, i would also have them send it to a US address. Our packet 3 never arrived in mexico, only the US address.

09/20/05 I-129F Sent to VSC

09/23/05 NOA1 email

09/29/05 NOA1 "snail mail"

10/04/05 NOA2 email

10/11/05 NOA2 snail mail

11/03/05 Not sure when, but it arrived at Juarez

12/19/06 Packet 3 arrives at US address

2/23/06 Interview @ Juarez

2/23/06 Receive Visa

2/25/06 Arrive in USA - temp EAD issued at JFK

3/17/06 Received Social Security Card

3/18/06 Married

3/31/06 AOS packet sent to Chicago

4/6/06 AOS packet received @ Chicago

4/10/06 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP received

4/19/06 Biometrics

6/16 EAD approved via email

6/20/06 AP Document received

6/24/06 EAD card received

6/27/06 Appointment letter for AOS interview

8/23/06 AOS interview - approved pending FBI name check

8/30/06 AOS approved - via email

9/7/06 GREEN CARD arrives

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

It has always been my understanding that CJ has walk-in adjudications of K-1 visas...i.e. without an appointment. Contact MissLiss for details as I know that she did it. They just need to have received your case fro the NVC.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline

Be careful about just going to CDJ before they mail you the packet. Some people on VJ have heard that you can go before the Packet 3 has been mailed out but I never heard from any VJ members who actually did that. I actually contacted CDJ and asked them if it was possible to go to CDJ before packet was mailed since they had our case already. They advised me NO. Our case was not ready- still pending. I was told through an email. All of us know on VJ that emails/phone calls don't mean a lot. But just be cautious it would be a lot of wasted money/time if you go there and they are not ready for you. We have already had our interview but I would be curious to see if any VJ members actually went to CDJ and had their interview before the packet was mailed. I, USC, got the packet 3 (fiance never got it), and I scanned it to him. Yes you can download forms from website - all that you need from packet is the appointment/cover letter. Hope this helps. Good Luck. You need the appointment letter for medical and to get into the consulate.

Let me know if you have any questions since we have already been to the interview although we have to still go back because we were put on AR pending fingerprint check. Be ready for anything to happen there.

Allie

8/02/06: Interview - Visa not recevied - put on AR "false hit" fingersprint check had to be done.

11/15/06: Called DHS to see if they had any info on my case - They advised security cleared in Oct. - now waiting for appt letter from CDJ for Visa Pickup. :)

AOS:

Lifting of Conditions:

Naturalization:

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

You can go to CDJ before the packet arrives-just have to have all the forms filled out, which you can get online, and make sure they have received your case. We filled out all our forms ahead of time (well, our attorney did) but we still ended up receiving packet 3 before we went for the interview. In fact, I received 2 because I remember telling someone at the Consulate (maybe through e-mail that I hadn't received it so they sent out another one). My fiance in Mexico never received his packet 3.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline
You can go to CDJ before the packet arrives-just have to have all the forms filled out, which you can get online, and make sure they have received your case. We filled out all our forms ahead of time (well, our attorney did) but we still ended up receiving packet 3 before we went for the interview. In fact, I received 2 because I remember telling someone at the Consulate (maybe through e-mail that I hadn't received it so they sent out another one). My fiance in Mexico never received his packet 3.

but your packet was mailed before you had interview. Still waiting to hear from someone who did interview before packet was actually mailed. Contact consulate before you go.

Allie

AOS:

Lifting of Conditions:

Naturalization:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

okay, so the same thing just happened to me: cdj received my petition august 4. last week, i (USC) received a packet with all the forms for the interview. i called CDJ to confirm that my fiance could now go to the interview, and was told that NO, he has to wait for another packet with a NEW letter that states that now they are ready for him to appear for an interview. told this could take 5-8 months, although i hate to believe that.

i have a case number and the guy on the phone said they have my case, but that it was still "in process". so i guess i wait for this letter he's talking about? why do they bother to send the first packet, then? they said nothing would be mailed to my fiance, that it would be mailed to me in the US. (yeah, that's logical.)

what email address have you used to contact CDJ for case status info? i tried emailing CDJNIVS@state.gov but never received a reply.

those of you who went to interviews after CDJ got your case, what did your letter say? was it the same letter that is posted as an example on the cDJ website? http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwfcdj400.pdf

because the letter i have received - although including all the forms on the website - is different. it just says that the consulate has begun to process the visa application and doesn't include the list of things to bring to the interview.

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 6, 2009 Submitted I-751 paperwork

March 13, 2009 Receipt Notice

April 10, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

AOS PROCESS

Nov 16, 2006 Fiance entered US

Dec 6, 2006 Applied for SSN

Dec 14, 2006 SS card arrived

Jan 20, 2007 Married! :)

Jan 25, 2007 Submitted I-485 and I-765 applications

Jan 29, 2007 NOA 1 Receipt Notice

Feb 16, 2007 Biometrics appt

Feb 23, 2007 Application transferred to CA Service Center

April 12, 2007 Employment Authorization approved

May 30, 2007 Case approved; Permanent Resident Card issued!

K1 VISA PROCESS

June 09, 2006 Sent I-129F to Vermont

June 19, 2006 NOA 1

July 08, 2006 IMBRA RFE submitted

Aug 2, 2006 NOA 2

Aug 6, 2006 Case received by NVC

~Aug 12, 2006 NVC sent case to Ciudad Juarez

Aug 21, 2006 Packet 3 sent from CDJ to USC

Aug 31, 2006 USC recevied Packet 3

Oct 16-17, 2006 Medical exam and interview in Ciudad Juarez

Oct 20, 2006 Visa Issued!!!!!

Nov 16, 2006 We entered the US together! (El Paso POE as required by Juarez consulate)

Timeline

The letter identifies the applicant and case number and basically says it "is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your fiance visa case"

According to the website, once the packet is received you can go for the interview. For our interview, they also questioned us why we came but we had called them repeatedly and they told us to come for the interview. Our case was different because we had already received the packet once before, that's why the people on the phone told us to come. After our recalled case was approved again, we never received the packet again. That's when I started asking them if we could go for the interview because we already had the "letter" from the first packet.

As for the email, I emailed them repeatedly with 2 addresses and they never replied. Calling them is best.

PM me for more questions.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...xico&page=1

Edited by Lewis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

allie&leo, what does the "appointment" letter you used to get into the medical and interview look like? i'm trying to figure out if the letter i have is THE letter or just a "interim" letter or something... the letter i have is very short with just a few lines saying that they have begun to process the case. it lists the beneficiary's name and case number. that's it.

from what lewis says, sounds like it might be the same letter lewis used. i guess i need to call CDJ again and talk to someone else who might be more helpful than the guy who kept insisting we need to wait another 5-8 months.

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 6, 2009 Submitted I-751 paperwork

March 13, 2009 Receipt Notice

April 10, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

AOS PROCESS

Nov 16, 2006 Fiance entered US

Dec 6, 2006 Applied for SSN

Dec 14, 2006 SS card arrived

Jan 20, 2007 Married! :)

Jan 25, 2007 Submitted I-485 and I-765 applications

Jan 29, 2007 NOA 1 Receipt Notice

Feb 16, 2007 Biometrics appt

Feb 23, 2007 Application transferred to CA Service Center

April 12, 2007 Employment Authorization approved

May 30, 2007 Case approved; Permanent Resident Card issued!

K1 VISA PROCESS

June 09, 2006 Sent I-129F to Vermont

June 19, 2006 NOA 1

July 08, 2006 IMBRA RFE submitted

Aug 2, 2006 NOA 2

Aug 6, 2006 Case received by NVC

~Aug 12, 2006 NVC sent case to Ciudad Juarez

Aug 21, 2006 Packet 3 sent from CDJ to USC

Aug 31, 2006 USC recevied Packet 3

Oct 16-17, 2006 Medical exam and interview in Ciudad Juarez

Oct 20, 2006 Visa Issued!!!!!

Nov 16, 2006 We entered the US together! (El Paso POE as required by Juarez consulate)

Timeline

Exact wording body of letter:

"This office is pleased to inform you that it can begin to process your fiance(e) visa case. Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully.

When communicating with this office either by telephone or letter, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.