Avelline

Got the NOA 2 but confused by U.S Embassy info

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey VJ community!

I am wondering if any fellow Aussies out there could help me out. My fiance recieved the confirmation of visa approval from USCIS and we know we need to wait for NVC to recieve/confirm then send it to Sydney, but I am thoroughly confused by the U.S embassy in Canberra's website regarding K-1 visas. Where will I need to go for my enventual interview? Surely its the embassy in my home state? And also there are fees listed. Does that mean I nees to pay to have the visa processed on my end?

And finally, I was getting ready all the things I need to get my police record, but then I read that I need to go to the head office in Melbourne to get my record AND fingerprints done? I am so confused. And my fiance is trying to help but he can't understand it either. :blush:

Thank you very much. I do appreciate it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, I am not able to answer all your question, but the beneficiary has the interview in their home country, and you do have to pay a fee for the visa..

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides these guides are very helpeful, and there are many other posts on this website that will help you with your doubts.

I went on your profile and was not able to see your timeline.

Would you be able to share that information with us?

I filed for my K1 visa on California Service Center, and still haven´t gotten any news...I just wondering when you received your Noa1?

I hope you get your information soon!

Good luck to you and your love. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey VJ community!

I am wondering if any fellow Aussies out there could help me out. My fiance recieved the confirmation of visa approval from USCIS and we know we need to wait for NVC to recieve/confirm then send it to Sydney, but I am thoroughly confused by the U.S embassy in Canberra's website regarding K-1 visas. Where will I need to go for my enventual interview? Surely its the embassy in my home state? And also there are fees listed. Does that mean I nees to pay to have the visa processed on my end?

And finally, I was getting ready all the things I need to get my police record, but then I read that I need to go to the head office in Melbourne to get my record AND fingerprints done? I am so confused. And my fiance is trying to help but he can't understand it either. :blush:

Thank you very much. I do appreciate it.

Ok you will wait approx 2-3 weeks for NVC to send to Us consulate in OZ and your fiance will get an email for packet 3 which is what you are looking into now. You need to go to your local police station where you live. They will do your fingerprinting and send it to their headquarters and then send to you so you can include it in your package. Sydney is the only US consulate where you will have your interview. All states have to travel to Sydney for interview. And yes you have to pay for your visa, you will be given notice to go to local post office and pay for K1 visa $420. Look up Sydney US consulate and it will give you all the info I did not like the Canberra one at all was quite confusing. You can also have your medical done now too look up on US consulate site and it will tell you what doctors you can go see in your area. Saves time if you have these done now before packet 3 arrives. Make sure you get some passport photos done also 6-8 you will need them. Hope this helps

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Hello, I am not able to answer all your question, but the beneficiary has the interview in their home country, and you do have to pay a fee for the visa..

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides these guides are very helpeful, and there are many other posts on this website that will help you with your doubts.

I went on your profile and was not able to see your timeline.

Would you be able to share that information with us?

I filed for my K1 visa on California Service Center, and still haven´t gotten any news...I just wondering when you received your Noa1?

I hope you get your information soon!

Good luck to you and your love. :thumbs:

Thanks for the link all the extra information I can get is a big help.

As for my timeline, we sent the visa to the Californian Service Centre at the end of March and recieved the NOA1 at the end of June. It took about a month to hear back from them. As for the NOA2, that came on the 5th of November.

I hope you won't be kept waiting too long to hear good news. Good luck! :)

Timeline

Ok you will wait approx 2-3 weeks for NVC to send to Us consulate in OZ and your fiance will get an email for packet 3 which is what you are looking into now. You need to go to your local police station where you live. They will do your fingerprinting and send it to their headquarters and then send to you so you can include it in your package. Sydney is the only US consulate where you will have your interview. All states have to travel to Sydney for interview. And yes you have to pay for your visa, you will be given notice to go to local post office and pay for K1 visa $420. Look up Sydney US consulate and it will give you all the info I did not like the Canberra one at all was quite confusing. You can also have your medical done now too look up on US consulate site and it will tell you what doctors you can go see in your area. Saves time if you have these done now before packet 3 arrives. Make sure you get some passport photos done also 6-8 you will need them. Hope this helps

Thank you so much for letting me know that I can go to my local police station. That is a big relief!

But I am shocked that only the Sydney Embassy runs the interviews. All my sympathy for lovelorn Aussies on the other side of the country. I am now getting all things prepared for packet 3.

But I am looking forward to completing my part of the application and, finally, getting my visa. And all of this will give me somthing to tell my children and granchildren, lol!

The things we do for love. :D

Timeline

Thanks for the link all the extra information I can get is a big help.

As for my timeline, we sent the visa to the Californian Service Centre at the end of March and recieved the NOA1 at the end of June. It took about a month to hear back from them. As for the NOA2, that came on the 5th of November.

I hope you won't be kept waiting too long to hear good news. Good luck! :)

I need to correct a date here. The visa petition was sent at the end of May, not March. :blush:

Sorry for the mistake all!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Avelline,

I am not sure if you have already gotten your visa. But in my experience as I was living in Darwin I had to travel to Sydney for my interview. It stated that I had to pay $400AU+ for the visa fee but when I did receive my visa i was not asked for any fee. I did pay $40AU but that was it.

Flag-Pins-USA-Australia.jpgFlag-Pins-Philippines-Jamaica.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.