Flames9_RN

TIM Hortons

42 posts in this topic

I didn't notice much of a difference in the coffee taste when I stopped once in Ohio, but it was only once, and I was jonesing really bad, so I wouldn't have noticed anyway ;)

A cousin of mine once noted however that when he stopped in Ohio once on his way home from Florida, he said the coffee was horrible, and had obviously been sitting in the pot for quite some time. That could be the difference, I know that Tim's in Canada always had a policy of no pot over 20 minutes old (that was years and years ago before Wendy's bought them). I don't think the US stores have the same policy.

*sigh* I miss donuts.

Now, that's an even worse explanation; if they're following Wendys' policy on coffee (do chains like McD's and Wendys' actually have policies other than "sell any that's leftover even from last night"?).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't notice much of a difference in the coffee taste when I stopped once in Ohio, but it was only once, and I was jonesing really bad, so I wouldn't have noticed anyway ;)

A cousin of mine once noted however that when he stopped in Ohio once on his way home from Florida, he said the coffee was horrible, and had obviously been sitting in the pot for quite some time. That could be the difference, I know that Tim's in Canada always had a policy of no pot over 20 minutes old (that was years and years ago before Wendy's bought them). I don't think the US stores have the same policy.

*sigh* I miss donuts.

Now, that's an even worse explanation; if they're following Wendys' policy on coffee (do chains like McD's and Wendys' actually have policies other than "sell any that's leftover even from last night"?).

That's just disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!

The policy is still in affect at the ontario Tim's. They write the time on the pot in white chalk. 20 mins and it's washed down the sink. Oh, how I'd love a Ice Capp with a flavour shot of carmel right now !

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: Timeline

I'd just like to be back in Calgary again. I quite enjoyed it. Actually, it was Airdrie where I spent most of my time. Could see Banff far off from where I was working. Was nice.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, how I'd love a Ice Capp with a flavour shot of carmel right now !

:crying: You're killing me....

It's killing me just thinking about it and what about a apple fritter ??????

Nothing like them fresh baked. Donuts here are nothing compared to back home. My husband loves TIMBITS !!!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

nononononono....this canNOT be! Timmy's....if you're listening....LEAVE the coffee alone and no one gets hurt! :lol:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Timeline

ah, but you see, it wasn't Wendy's policy, it was Tim Horton's policy. Then they got bought by Wendy's, and the portions got smaller, prices went up, they no longer give you carrot and celery sticks with your sandwich, and the coffee sits longer on the burner. And Tim's still has better chili than Wendy's :yes:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe the change in flavour is due to the coffee beans themselves. Even if they keep their "recipe," it might taste different depending on the current crop.

There are TWO Tim's in Sackville, New Brunswick, a town so small you can walk end to end. In winter, there are more snowmobiles parked in the lot than cars!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

The policy is still the same, 20 mins and the pot gets dumped. If anything, the always fresh standards have gone up significantly. But yes, the taste is different to the tune that I cant drink it anymore. Saves me 1.40 every morning.

I-129F sent: August 18th, 2006

NOA2: October 2nd, 2006

Packet 3 returned to Mtl: October 26th, 2006.

Medical: January 10th, 2007

Interview: January 23rd, 2007, at 2:30. APPROVED

Entry to the US: Feb 28th, 2007 POE Ivy Lea

Married: March 2nd, 2007

AOS/EAD sent May 4th, 2007

NOA1s for all 3 AOS and my EAD May 14th, dated for May 10th

EAD touched May 28th,29th, 2007, Youngest daughter's AOS touched May 29th, 2007

Biometrics: May 30th, 2007

All cases touched May 31, 2007, June 5th, 2007, August 1st, 2007

All 3 AOS transferred to California July 5th, 2007

EAD Approved July 27th, 2007

Finally movement on my AOS, touched on Feb 22 & 24th

GC May 11 2008, date of april 29th on them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just finished brewing a pot of my own Tim Horton's coffee...my mom brought it down for me when she was visiting last month...never the same as in the store...they better not change it...I will be back in Canada in a month and I am dying for a good coffee that doesn't cost over $5! My husband loves Maple Dip donuts, so I know the minute we cross the border we will be heading straight to Tim Hortons..but really, what Canadian doesn't do just that after a long trip away!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ya just can't duplicate it at home no matter how hard you try.

My husband and I were each drinking 3 large double doubles a day..............Im sure you can all do that math.....PRICEY,not to mention the extra pounds from that 18 % cream. So, we tried to find a viable option to spending so much on coffee and switching wasn't one them. We purchased a can of Tim's regular grind..wasn't the same. I read the instructions it mentioned water amounts and temp,so I measured both amount and temperature of the water.....again not the same. So in my infinate wisdom I declared HEY we need a Tim Horton's coffee maker. We went out spent $140.00 on a coffee maker, which turns out is simply a Bunn coffee maker with a Tim Horton logo on it..........again not the same.

The moral of the story: you just cant copy perfection so suck it up and spend the money!!

google.gif

I'd just like to be back in Calgary again. I quite enjoyed it. Actually, it was Airdrie where I spent most of my time. Could see Banff far off from where I was working. Was nice.

If Pras' AP (or better yet conditional GC) come through by November, I can do a substitute visit home (Calgary--I was raised there from ages 8-30) for you.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Coming from Saskatoon I would be a bit biased and say that how could Tim's in Calgary POSSIBLY taste like that of Saskatoon??? haha Probably oil in the water there....hehe

Carla (F)

:lol: Biased here too!

Well my friend is a former saskatchewanite, lol We grew up in Prince Albert. Maybe he just had a few bad batches from the various Tims around Calgary!! But later down the rd if u hear about an ingredient chg, you heard it here first! lol

My question is how isn't a former Saskatchewanite in Alberta? Half of Calgary is former Saskatchewanites!Isn't that crazy?!

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My question is how isn't a former Saskatchewanite in Alberta? Half of Calgary is former Saskatchewanites!Isn't that crazy?!

Heheheh I found it most interesting that when I worked in Saskatchewan in 1979 almost everyone I met there was originally from somewhere east and then I found out that most of the native Saskatchenwites had moved further west. Now I know where!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Okay! I will put Darcy on a mission. I will have him tell me if the Timmy's in BC tastes any different. Then when he heads to Calgary on September 3rd, I will ask him if it tastes different to him.

I will keep you posted! :D

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.