2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I have a question about the I 94. Has anyone ever had an interview and been approved the green card and not taken the I-94.

We had our interview, it wasn't the most pleasant experience. He was very nice to my husband but rude with me. They took the I-94 and said they will make a decision and let us know within the next 2 weeks. I felt it didn't go so well. We are worried, not to mention they questioned our age difference and the fact my husband is Muslim.

White slip (not a bona fide relationship)K1

Return to Washington 12-24-07

Married 2/23/2008 In Hong Kong

Filed K3 4/28/2009 (my husband had some issues with his Chinese visa)

CSC received May 1, 09

NOA1 May 6, 2009 (received in mail on 5-8)

Sent I29 May 9th, Received May 11th

NOA1 for I129 May 18th, 09

Received in mail on May 26th

I-130 Touch 8/14/2009, approved 9/1/09, 1129 touched 9-1,2,3, approved the 1st.

NOA2 for I-129 not received

Hong Kong Embassy received it on Sept 14th, 09

Packet 3 mailed out on Sept 22,09

I130 at NVC now

Received email Sep 23 about electronic processing for CR1

Packet 3 mailed on Sep 22, received on October 5th

Mailed packet 3 back 10-9 to Hong Kong, awaiting packet 4

Packet 4 mailed 10-15, Interview set for Nov 10th

In AP a little over a month

Got approval notice Dec 17th

Dropped passport off on 12-21

Received visa 12/24.

Flew to St Louis 12/29, now home.

If they take the I-94, it's a good sign. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.