AzuomaObidiya

somehow, we were denied....

53 posts in this topic

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

How do you know that to be true? Good luck with your letter.

So if you're married with kids it's not a good indication of valid relationship? Just cos they did not submit their calls records they were denied. I hope u knw and understand what is called a genuine relationship @Henykat?

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I have already drafted the letter and nothing will stop me from getting it down to the white house and distribute it widely among the congressmen, the senate and all protocols involved. They have to stop their madness at that embassy whether they like it or not.. PERIOD!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have already drafted the letter and nothing will stop me from getting it down to the white house and distribute it widely among the congressmen, the senate and all protocols involved. They have to stop their madness at that embassy whether they like it or not.. PERIOD!!!

:thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

We're right behind you! This is my second petition for my husband! The first one was a fiance petition. I had visited Nigeria 6 times in 18 months, had 8 lbs of supporting documentation and affidavits from friends and family attesting to a bona-fide relationship. Guess what? The CO denied us because she thought we didn't have "imminent intentions to marry" (that was the official reason!) Could you believe it?????????

So here we are almost a year later - married now - trying to get him a CR-1 visa.

I understand the issue of fraud but, people - please! Some of these CO's just don't use common sense!!!

Edited by DebbyNSeyi

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Filed: Timeline

I 100% thank all of you for you uplifts, prayers, well wishes, and support! My husband did have his own call records and text messages from his cell phone there in Nigeria. We had all other supporting documents and my husband said the interview went very well so he felt strongly that he would get the approval. He said she took her time going thru our emails and pictures. Then she asked for the phone records. He handed her his and my calling cards that she rejected without having the phone records. We received a 221g, so we can reschedule for a new appointment (thank God). Oh and my husband did NOT have to pay the $350 USD visa fee. They told him it had been paid already...has anyone else heard of that? It's just really devastating to not get the approval because we had everything else. I'm still feeling confident that the second interview will be in our favor. I have already requested the phone records from my phone company (Time Warner) and are awaiting its arrival. I pray that those of you who are just beginning or are in the process of the interview learn from me. My husband and my spirits are improving, but I can't even try to explain how much pain it is to know one person made a decision that turned my world upside down. You see, my husband and I are a miracle. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful loving man in my life. Mark (Azuoma)has definately been my strength even though I know he is hurting too. I miss him so much already and its past due time for us to start living our lives together. Again, thank you to all for your suggestions and support!

Sarell (Obidiya)

Timeline

I 100% thank all of you for you uplifts, prayers, well wishes, and support! My husband did have his own call records and text messages from his cell phone there in Nigeria. We had all other supporting documents and my husband said the interview went very well so he felt strongly that he would get the approval. He said she took her time going thru our emails and pictures. Then she asked for the phone records. He handed her his and my calling cards that she rejected without having the phone records. We received a 221g, so we can reschedule for a new appointment (thank God). Oh and my husband did NOT have to pay the $350 USD visa fee. They told him it had been paid already...has anyone else heard of that? It's just really devastating to not get the approval because we had everything else. I'm still feeling confident that the second interview will be in our favor. I have already requested the phone records from my phone company (Time Warner) and are awaiting its arrival. I pray that those of you who are just beginning or are in the process of the interview learn from me. My husband and my spirits are improving, but I can't even try to explain how much pain it is to know one person made a decision that turned my world upside down. You see, my husband and I are a miracle. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful loving man in my life. Mark (Azuoma)has definately been my strength even though I know he is hurting too. I miss him so much already and its past due time for us to start living our lives together. Again, thank you to all for your suggestions and support!

Sarell (Obidiya)

Good to hear you and your hubby's spirits are lifting.

I have one question to ask though. You mentioned he didn't have to pay a $350.00 fee? What visa fee is that??? :blink: I ask because my hubby and I are starting the NVC stage, and with all the expenses, we are budgeting for the various fees.

Edited by Aya820

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Good to hear you and your hubby's spirits are lifting.

I have one question to ask though. You mentioned he didn't have to pay a $350.00 fee? What visa fee is that??? :blink: I ask because my hubby and I are starting the NVC stage, and with all the expenses, we are budgeting for the various fees.

On the Consulate review for the Embassy in Lagos, it mentions that you must pay a $350 visa fee when you check in...but he didn't have to pay it. We paid the visa fee to the NVC anyway so I never really knew what the extra money was for, but he went with it anyway just in case.

hi sorry for the experience and like you said you wont give up cos it is just a step to your destination. i think the best and easy thing to do is for your man to get his own phone record here in nigeria cos thats what i did.

he should prepare an affidavit deposed to in any high court registry, write a letter addressed to his service provider ( maybe mtn, glo, multilinks etc) stating what he needs it f orand make a photocopy of any of his photo id.

he should take those to the headquater of the service provider and i think they will give him like 2 weeks to come back. all the above can not cost him more than 2-3 thousand naira

i wish you the best and i will love to help if you need my help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. But can you please provide more clarification on your situation, so that we can better know what to share with you.

Specifically, what notice was your husband given after the interview? Is it a 221g notice (temporary refusal, usually due to incomplete documentation), or an outright denial letter (which is usually given only when the consular has reasonable doubt about the authenticity of your marriage relationship).

If it is a 221g, then you have nothing to worry about at all. If it is an outright denial, then you may need some intervention attempt (perhaps from your Senator) or other line of actions. In any case, I pray that God will help you out.

Please clarify.

Edited by GreatGuy

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. But can you please provide more clarification on your situation, so that we can better know what to share with you.

Specifically, what notice was your husband given after the interview? Is it a 221g notice (temporary refusal, usually due to incomplete documentation), or an outright denial letter (which is usually given only when the consular has reasonable doubt about the authenticity of your marriage relationship).

If it is a 221g, then you have nothing to worry about at all. If it is an outright denial, then you may need some intervention attempt (perhaps from your Senator) or other line of actions. In any case, I pray that God will help you out.

Please clarify.

I did mention that he received a 221g in my response about 3 spots above yours. All this CO wanted was phone records from me. My husband had his from his cell phone and his text messages. The interveiw went good as my husband says he just knew he would get an approval, but she gave him the 221g to get my phone records. By the way, I am having a hard time getting them because my phone company only keeps records of long distance calls and not free calls( I used calling cards to call my husband). So now I have to get a subpoena in order to get all outing going calls. This is such a nightmare, but I am trying to stay focused and not give in....I want my husband with me! We want to be together now...our 2nd anniversary is in February and I can't be separated from him for that. Please everyone keep us in your prayers!

Timeline

I did mention that he received a 221g in my response about 3 spots above yours. All this CO wanted was phone records from me. My husband had his from his cell phone and his text messages. The interveiw went good as my husband says he just knew he would get an approval, but she gave him the 221g to get my phone records. By the way, I am having a hard time getting them because my phone company only keeps records of long distance calls and not free calls( I used calling cards to call my husband). So now I have to get a subpoena in order to get all outing going calls. This is such a nightmare, but I am trying to stay focused and not give in....I want my husband with me! We want to be together now...our 2nd anniversary is in February and I can't be separated from him for that. Please everyone keep us in your prayers!

AzuomaObidiya, you can't call the Customer Service number on the calling card to ask them to send you the records that you need? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Hello, I've been reading some posts in this thread.. when you mean calls, does it really have to be phone calls? my husband and I are talking everyday through Skype. Is that accepted?

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

Timeline

Hello, I've been reading some posts in this thread.. when you mean calls, does it really have to be phone calls? my husband and I are talking everyday through Skype. Is that accepted?

They want records of how you communicated. Whatever method is fine as long as you can show you are one person and he is the other. ( which is why calling cards without the records showing the 2 numbers sometimes cause issues.)

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.