mwfiler

November filers

426 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Tina, I'm so sorry to hear that your interview experience was not good! Have you received any news yet such as email or online status? I hope you hear something soon!

I received nothing yet, Kat. She didn't even tell us that your case would be reviewed further or something like that. After I submitted everything I got, she just walked us to the door. Apart from the fact that I messed up with my dad's name, everything I told was the truth. I really hope she wouldn't hold it against me. Otherwise,I would be screwed :((. I would blame it on her accent and my ears !! Everybody got approved so easily but me :(. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted. I'm expecting for the worst now .....

11/8/10: Medical exam

11/12/10:Get married

11/19/10: I-693 sealed.It means my chest x ray is fine :)

11/20/10: Package [ I-130,I-485,I-765] sent to Lockbox

11/22/10 [Day 1]: Delivered there

11/29/10 [Day 7]: Return receipt from USPS

12/13/10 [Day 21]: Texts and email received [ after 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

12/16/10 [Day 24]: Snail copy received

12/18/10 [Day 26]: Every single form touched

12/20/10 [Day 28]: Biometrics letter received

1/13/11 [Day 51]: Biometrics done

1/24/11 [Day 62]: Biometrcis appointment received AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!I was like #######

2/04/11 [Day 72]: Second biometrics done

2/15/11 [Day 83]: EAD in production.

2/18/11 [Day 86]: Interview letter received, set for March 21

2/22/11 [Day 90]: EAD mailed out.

2/25/11 [Day 93]: EAD received

3/21/11 [Day 118]: Interview but left with no decision ToT

3/31/11 [Day 128]: RFE regarding police clearance

4/13/11 [Day 141]: RFE sent

4/19/11 [Day 147]: Card in production

4/22/11 [Day 150]: Welcome2USA letter received

It took 5 stressful months exactly.

I received nothing yet, Kat. She didn't even tell us that your case would be reviewed further or something like that. After I submitted everything I got, she just walked us to the door. Apart from the fact that I messed up with my dad's name, everything I told was the truth. I really hope she wouldn't hold it against me. Otherwise,I would be screwed :((. I would blame it on her accent and my ears !! Everybody got approved so easily but me :(. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted. I'm expecting for the worst now .....

Hey Tina

Just wanted to cheer you up by saying that you are not the only one that did not get a decision right away. We had our interview this morning, this experience in itself was not bad. She told us from the get go that she would not be able to give us an answer right away because we sent too much stuff with our file and she didn't have time to sort through it

She barely wanted to take additional evidence but I gave her some anyway. She didn't not ask for my passport nor I94, so unfortunately the waiting game continues. I know it sucks big time but just trying to believe for the best and a quick follow up!!!

I have to say I have heard of not able to make a decision because of not enough evidence, but not the other way around!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; you works are wonderful, I know that full well"~Ps 139: 14

Hey Tina

Just wanted to cheer you up by saying that you are not the only one that did not get a decision right away. We had our interview this morning, this experience in itself was not bad. She told us from the get go that she would not be able to give us an answer right away because we sent too much stuff with our file and she didn't have time to sort through it

She barely wanted to take additional evidence but I gave her some anyway. She didn't not ask for my passport nor I94, so unfortunately the waiting game continues. I know it sucks big time but just trying to believe for the best and a quick follow up!!!

I have to say I have heard of not able to make a decision because of not enough evidence, but not the other way around!

That's very strange, but at least you have your EAD and can afford to wait a little longer, although I'm sure its getting tiring. Im still surprised that she said you had too much evidence. May I ask, what you originally sent? You would think they would review it during the adjudication phase prior to your interview. sigh.

Nov. 5: Sent AOS Package

Nov 17: AOS received by USCIS

April 1: INTERVIEW DAY. Approved!!!!!!

Early June: Moved to New York City. The only relevant city in the world ;)

That's very strange, but at least you have your EAD and can afford to wait a little longer, although I'm sure its getting tiring. Im still surprised that she said you had too much evidence. May I ask, what you originally sent? You would think they would review it during the adjudication phase prior to your interview. sigh.

I find it strange indeed. I don't know if she took the time before today to look at the file, it didn't sound like it. Because she apologized for making us wait in the lobby for long, she said she had to go through the file and try to thin it out. She got started but it was too much

I basically sent the usual proofs.

We didn't have a joint bank account so I sent the first page of my bank statement dating about a year back, highlighting every transaction that reflects a transfer between our accounts ( which is 99% my hubby to me)

A copy of a list of furnitures and item from the moving company that moved my stuff from one state to the other when I was relocating

Health, car , life insurances

Costco membership

Couple of bills showing that I get mails at the address

Pictures

Copy of his savings, retirement and investments account showing I am the beneficiary should something happens

Tax transcript returns for the past 3 years to show that I was paying my taxes when I was working

All the evidences from hubby related to the I864 ( tax transcripts, letter of employment, recent paystubs)

Receipt of purchase of rings

Affidavit from the witnesses at our wedding

I think there was a little bit more but I can't think of it right now, But I thought that was the basics

You are right it is a good thing I have my EAD and recently got a job offer so between that and school I hope it will keep me busy enough to allow me not to go crazy, but it will be nicer if i can hear from them soon enough

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; you works are wonderful, I know that full well"~Ps 139: 14

Timeline

I don't think they reviewed my application before the interview because from the way she looked at my forms during the interview, it seemed like she just got my application and even didn't know i made mistake on I-864. That is the reason why we gave the amended I-864 to her at the interview. So I guess it pretty much depends on local office and officer who interviews you.

@Snookie: Don't be nervous at your interview, sleep enough before that day. We were so nervous that we messed up. Also, we stayed up so late that we were kinda tired the day after =.=. Good luck to you !!

@bbutterfly: We're on the same boat. I Pray for both of us !

1/24/11 [Day 62]: Biometrcis appointment received AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!I was like #######

I don't think they reviewed my application before the interview because from the way she looked at my forms during the interview, it seemed like she just got my application and even didn't know i made mistake on I-864. That is the reason why we gave the amended I-864 to her at the interview. So I guess it pretty much depends on local office and officer who interviews you.

@Snookie: Don't be nervous at your interview, sleep enough before that day. We were so nervous that we messed up. Also, we stayed up so late that we were kinda tired the day after =.=. Good luck to you !!

@bbutterfly: We're on the same boat. I Pray for both of us !

Hi Tina,

don't worry. I could not receive the approval at the interview, but i already got GC. The officer at the interview said "I did not have time to check your application until now. I will review it later. You will receive the result within 4 weeks." Then, I got RFE later.

Not approved at the interview does not mean deny. Just you need to wait for a while.

if you do not hear anything after certen time, visit inforpass.

I hope you will hear good result soon.

<AOS>

11/20 (DAY 0): sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (USPS priority mail)

11/22 (DAY 2): delivered

12/2 (DAY 12): received NOA (e-mai)

12/3 (DAY 13): touched (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/6 (DAY 16): received NOA (hard copy)

12/14 (DAY 24): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2011)

12/23 (DAY 33): biometric done (walk-in)

1/10 (DAY 51): received interview appointment letter (issued: 01/05/2011) (schedule: 02/08/2011)

2/7 (DAY 79): received e-mail for EAD (production) and AP (post decision)

2/8 (DAY 80): interview

2/10 (DAY82): received RFE for I-485 (issued: 02/08/2011, due date: 03/09/2011)

2/11 (DAY83): sent the documentation for RFE

2/12 (DAY84): received AP

2/14 (DAY86): received approval letter for I-130 (issued: 02/09/2011)

2/16 (DAY88): received EAD

2/23 (DAY95): called USCIS (Useless)

3/2 (DAY102): infopass in the morning (The officer told me my case became post decision activity in their internal sysyem on Mar. 1st.) received e-mail in the afternoon, GC production order.

3/7 (DAY107): received WELCOME LETTER

3/11 (DAY111): received GC

<ROC>

12/4 (DAY 0): sent I-751 (USPS priority mail)

12/6 (DAY 2): delivered

12/7 (DAY 3): NOA

12/12 (DAY 8): received NOA (hard copy)

12/17 (DAY 13): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2013)

12/18 (DAY 14): biometric done (walk-in) due to travel schedule

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Tina, just wanted to second what Goro said. If you don't have enough evidence, I do not believe they will just deny you outright without either an RFE for more evidence or a Stokes interview. They have to be pretty confident that you are in a sham marriage before they would deny you. And you can always appeal. But honestly I do not think you have anything to worry about. Of course, I'm not in your situation right now so I know it's scary. Will be praying for you. Just hang on...I believe your approval is coming! :)

bbutterfly, I am still shocked that she said you sent too much evidence. I also don't think most of the IOs have time to go through the files. Ours told us she didn't have time to go through it all when she asked if we had a lease agreement which was already in our file. If you sent too much evidence, there is no reason she couldn't have scanned through it and obviously seen your marriage is bona fide. Sheesh! I'm sorry you didn't have an approval right away. It is a good sign she was talking about ROC. However, a bit weird, IMO, that she didn't take your passport and I-94. Our IO took the I-94 out of the passport almost right away. I just don't believe there is anyway that you are not approved. What did she look like?

Please let us know as soon as you ladies hear something!!! Praying for you both.

02/21/99 Hubby entered with F1 student visa D/S

May 2002 He stopped attending school because he couldn't afford it any longer.

03?/2002 USC sibling I-130 petition

02/2009 Met hubby

08/2009 Sibling petition approved but ineligible to adjust status due to overstay

07/10 Married :)

11/22/10 [day 0]- mailed AOS packet!! should be there by noon 11/23/2010

12/3/10 [day 11]- received email/text notification of acceptance from USCIS

12/3/10 hubby surprised me with a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday...no problems :)

12/6/10 [day 14]- received hard copy NOA1 in mail

12/7/10 [day 15]- checks cashed...ouch

12/15/10 [day 23]- rec'd biometrics appt set for Dec. 28th at 10 am! :)

12/28/10 [day 36]- successful biometrics appt

01/27/11 [day 66]- rec'd interview appt set for March 10th at 10 am :)

02/25/11 [day 95]- rec'd EAD

03/10/11 [day 109]- Interview, Green card approved!! :)

Next Step: Removing conditions in 2 years.

Yeah the whole experience was a little strange. She did not ask to see my passport at all. Sometime I wonder if I should have found a way to show it to her, maybe when she asked how I came in, with what type of visa etc...but didn't think about it at the time and I thought it was normal procedure to take the I94 if they are going to approve you. That's what scares me a little

She was fairly tall for a woman, middle age, blonde.

I spent my eve and today looking at my phone expecting an sms or a mail with an update, to the point that I couldn't even study. I just made the decision to put it in the back of my head, after all there is nothing we can do now, but just wait and worrying is just going to intensify the pain...

Yeah the whole experience was a little strange. She did not ask to see my passport at all. Sometime I wonder if I should have found a way to show it to her, maybe when she asked how I came in, with what type of visa etc...but didn't think about it at the time and I thought it was normal procedure to take the I94 if they are going to approve you. That's what scares me a little

She was fairly tall for a woman, middle age, blonde.

I spent my eve and today looking at my phone expecting an sms or a mail with an update, to the point that I couldn't even study. I just made the decision to put it in the back of my head, after all there is nothing we can do now, but just wait and worrying is just going to intensify the pain...

Hi bbutterfly,

About I-94, do not worry so much. My officer never explained ROC and she almost forgot to collect I-94. I asked her "don't you need my I-94"? Then, she said "Oh, I often forget to collect it".

My interview was the last of the day. Soon after the officer started the interview, the secreatry visited and asked her when our interview would finish. The officer was really in hurry to finish our interview. I think your officer was also in hurry. as long as she explained ROC to you, your situation is much better than me.

FYI, I did not submitted so much evidence. I only submitted leasing agreement, joint bank information and some photos without my parents. My RFE is not related to bonafade marrige. It is related to my visa.

Edited by goro

<AOS>

1/10 (DAY 51): received interview appointment letter (issued: 01/05/2011) (schedule: 02/08/2011)

3/2 (DAY102): infopass in the morning (The officer told me my case became post decision activity in their internal sysyem on Mar. 1st.) received e-mail in the afternoon, GC production order.

<ROC>

Filed: Timeline

Hey Everyone just wanted to you share with all you fellow november filers, we had our interview monday with great success! It was a piece of cake! I would have posted sooner but I have a very demanding infant on my hands. :dance::dance::dance: We were approved!! The officer was very nice and laidback, we brought everything listed on the letter but he only asked for our baby's birth certificate and a bank statement. He said as for as he was concerned the fact that we have a baby is evidence enough for him. The whole thing was less than 10 mins. There was no questions about vwp or intention, anything at all. He asked us to confirm our address and that was that. He almost forgot to swear us in. We couldnt believe how easy it was! We feel very blessed! Congratulations to everyone who's been approved and goodluck to everyone who has interviews coming up!

Our Timeline:

8/31/2010 Charlie enters on VWP from UK

11/05/2010 We get married at the courthouse

11/17/2010 AOS Package Sent Express USPS to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2010 Confirmation from USPS package received

11/23/2010 email NOA all forms

11/24/2010 all checks cashed

11/29/2010 NOA hardcopies received

12/1/2010 Biometrics appointment notice

12/28/2010 biometrics appointment

1/31/2011 Email Notice EAD Card in Production

1/31/2011 Notice Approval of Advanced Parole

2/05/2011 Advanced Parole card received

2/11/2011 EAD Card Recieved

2/11/2011 Email Notice of Interview scheduled for 3/16/2011

2/15/2011 Notice of Interview hardcopy

2/25/2011 Notice of Interview rescheduling hardcopy to 3/20/2011

3/20/2011 Interview 10am APPROVED!

Hi bbutterfly,

About I-94, do not worry so much. My officer never explained ROC and she almost forgot to collect I-94. I asked her "don't you need my I-94"? Then, she said "Oh, I often forget to collect it".

My interview was the last of the day. Soon after the officer started the interview, the secreatry visited and asked her when our interview would finish. The officer was really in hurry to finish our interview. I think your officer was also in hurry. as long as she explained ROC to you, your situation is much better than me.

FYI, I did not submitted so much evidence. I only submitted leasing agreement, joint bank information and some photos without my parents. My RFE is not related to bonafade marrige. It is related to my visa.

Thanks you

it helps a little bit to read that. Yes she seemed to be in a hurry. The appointment was at 830 we got there 15 min before and she took us in around 9, because she said she was looking over our file, but it was too much. We were out of there by 915 if even that.

just "patiently" waiting!!

Timeline

Thanks guys for supporting and making me feel a lil bit better.

But can anyone tell me how longer I should wait to make an infopass if I don't hear anything from them yet?

Thanks guys for supporting and making me feel a lil bit better.

But can anyone tell me how longer I should wait to make an infopass if I don't hear anything from them yet?

My officer told me I would receive the result within 4 weeks and if nothing happens, I have right to contact UCIS.

So, if I was you, I would make the inforpass appointment after two weeks from the interview since there are no empty space for inforpass in next two weeks in my local office.

When I made the infopass, i chose "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" and then " Case Processing Appointment"

<AOS>

<ROC>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations Serendipity!

Thinking about you bbutterfly and tina! Please let us know if you have any updates!

02/21/99 Hubby entered with F1 student visa D/S

May 2002 He stopped attending school because he couldn't afford it any longer.

03?/2002 USC sibling I-130 petition

02/2009 Met hubby

08/2009 Sibling petition approved but ineligible to adjust status due to overstay

07/10 Married :)

11/22/10 [day 0]- mailed AOS packet!! should be there by noon 11/23/2010

12/3/10 [day 11]- received email/text notification of acceptance from USCIS

12/3/10 hubby surprised me with a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday...no problems :)

12/6/10 [day 14]- received hard copy NOA1 in mail

12/7/10 [day 15]- checks cashed...ouch

12/15/10 [day 23]- rec'd biometrics appt set for Dec. 28th at 10 am! :)

12/28/10 [day 36]- successful biometrics appt

01/27/11 [day 66]- rec'd interview appt set for March 10th at 10 am :)

02/25/11 [day 95]- rec'd EAD

03/10/11 [day 109]- Interview, Green card approved!! :)

Next Step: Removing conditions in 2 years.

Timeline

Congratulations Serendipity!

Thinking about you bbutterfly and tina! Please let us know if you have any updates!

I just received RFE regarding police clearance today. We need 4 letters from police stations :(, which is 3 hrs drive from our house.:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.