gemwill

Example of WHY USCIS closed all of its local offices

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

63 minutes on phone with automated menu, on hold and "Sorry" people.

Finally I could not resist, after hearing "I am sorry" for the 38th time- I had to ask- "Are you saying that out of regret or to explain just what a sorry assed individual you are?" I understand it is not the person on the phone but the system but Hoy! they get paid to listen to callers, no?

USGOV has the smoothest and one of the oldest two step dances ever to hit the hardwood dance floor. USCICS send out NOA2 approval dated 09/29/2010. Yet as of 10/26/2010- the phone status check, the online status check AND the "Sorry" person on the phone still show the last update of July 12, 2010. The NVC states that due to the statement in text box on my approval notice which reads "The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." That our packet would be sent directly to USEM.

However!! After registering a pin and paying 18.00 for the priveledge of talking to someone at USEM, I am told that they do not have the packet(or it is there and not entered into the system yet- not sure) AND that ALL packets go through NVC(I hear the music starting at this point). A second call to USCIS reveals that "It is possible it could be sent to either USEM or NVC, however until at least 90 days after your last status update, we cannot begin an investigation to determine at what stage your petition may be." I said "Fine according to YOUR site, it has been 90 days since July 12!" Then I start again hearing "I am sorry sir"..............

You know, had Gem been born in Mexico, she could have walked across the border, taken a Greyhound bus to Roanoke and we could have then started her paperwork and been living happily here in our new life long before the USCIS ever got around to noticing. Actually getting her out of Manila, into Mexico and the two of us walking across the border is looking like a good option right now.

But instead I will go back to the phone lottery of trying to make it to the "On Hold" menu at NVC- never have I been happy to be placed on hold until I listened to the busy signal at NVC for hours at a time. Redial, busy, hang up, redial.... repeat as needed. I am going to wire my CP to a truck battery for longer calling life.

Maybe it is Obama's fault, or Bush's... maybe Clinton's. It seems each president spends his time in office correcting the mess the previous president caused. That gives them an excuse to not accomplish any of their campaign promises. We buy that.... meanwhile they set their careers for life and no matter which party you are a member of, even if your guy wins, you still get crappy representation, because he has to c,lean up the old mess before he addresses his promises.

OK, my time on the soap box is done. I am......."Sorry"..........

Will

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

63 minutes on phone with automated menu, on hold and "Sorry" people.

Finally I could not resist, after hearing "I am sorry" for the 38th time- I had to ask- "Are you saying that out of regret or to explain just what a sorry assed individual you are?" I understand it is not the person on the phone but the system but Hoy! they get paid to listen to callers, no?

USGOV has the smoothest and one of the oldest two step dances ever to hit the hardwood dance floor. USCICS send out NOA2 approval dated 09/29/2010. Yet as of 10/26/2010- the phone status check, the online status check AND the "Sorry" person on the phone still show the last update of July 12, 2010. The NVC states that due to the statement in text box on my approval notice which reads "The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." That our packet would be sent directly to USEM.

However!! After registering a pin and paying 18.00 for the priveledge of talking to someone at USEM, I am told that they do not have the packet(or it is there and not entered into the system yet- not sure) AND that ALL packets go through NVC(I hear the music starting at this point). A second call to USCIS reveals that "It is possible it could be sent to either USEM or NVC, however until at least 90 days after your last status update, we cannot begin an investigation to determine at what stage your petition may be." I said "Fine according to YOUR site, it has been 90 days since July 12!" Then I start again hearing "I am sorry sir"..............

You know, had Gem been born in Mexico, she could have walked across the border, taken a Greyhound bus to Roanoke and we could have then started her paperwork and been living happily here in our new life long before the USCIS ever got around to noticing. Actually getting her out of Manila, into Mexico and the two of us walking across the border is looking like a good option right now.

But instead I will go back to the phone lottery of trying to make it to the "On Hold" menu at NVC- never have I been happy to be placed on hold until I listened to the busy signal at NVC for hours at a time. Redial, busy, hang up, redial.... repeat as needed. I am going to wire my CP to a truck battery for longer calling life.

Maybe it is Obama's fault, or Bush's... maybe Clinton's. It seems each president spends his time in office correcting the mess the previous president caused. That gives them an excuse to not accomplish any of their campaign promises. We buy that.... meanwhile they set their careers for life and no matter which party you are a member of, even if your guy wins, you still get crappy representation, because he has to c,lean up the old mess before he addresses his promises.

OK, my time on the soap box is done. I am......."Sorry"..........

Will

That is crazy...glad I never went through that...mine is smooth sailing....BEST OF LUCK.

Removal of Conditions

10.15.2012 ROC package sent to California Service Center

10.18.2012 Package received

10.19.2012 Check cashed (it never ceases to amaze me how fast the gov't cashes a check!!)

10.29.2012 NOA received dated 10.18.2012

10.29.2012 Biometrics appt received

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Try calling the NVC right as they open in the morning or 15 minutes before they close. Your wait time will be much less.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.