dannyh86

complicated question????? please help!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, I am in the process for naturalization, and have my interview on November 30, 2010 in the San Diego office. I researched and it looks like the oath for December (San Diego does oath's once a month) is on December 17. My first question is, will they most likely schedule me for that Oath or will they wait till January oath? This leads to my next question, i did a name change to remove my moms last name, I have both my dads and moms last name on green card. In the places where they do once a month oaths do they do name changes as well or does it have to be done in a court room? any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I am in the process for naturalization, and have my interview on November 30, 2010 in the San Diego office. I researched and it looks like the oath for December (San Diego does oath's once a month) is on December 17. My first question is, will they most likely schedule me for that Oath or will they wait till January oath? This leads to my next question, i did a name change to remove my moms last name, I have both my dads and moms last name on green card. In the places where they do once a month oaths do they do name changes as well or does it have to be done in a court room? any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Can't answer your question about oath ceremonies, don't feel anyone can unless they are an insider.

Wife, also from a Latin American country had a list of last names that she decided to drop all but her new married name. Was no problem for her, even though her previous green cards and even her SS card had all those names. Its not really name changing as much as name dropping.

I gather its typical if married to put your maiden name before your new married name, and if a kid, to put your mothers maiden name after your fathers name. A before and after situation.

Wife had to drop her maiden name and step daughter her moms maiden name when they got their drivers' license, wasn't enough space in the blanks for all those names. Same on credit cards and other banking information. But somehow they squeezed in all those names on their green cards. Wife dropped her maiden name on her N-400 with no problems, and that is how her certificate and passport are, Also dropped it on her SS card, they managed to squeeze all that in as well, but what does remain the same is both your SS and alien numbers. Why do we even need names, when we also have numbers?

Should change my handle from NickD to 123456789, just call me One for short.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi yeah I don't know why people from Latin America get all their last names put on their documents when they come over here. It must be the way the birth certificate is written. Because here in the USA it also has the mothers maiden name but you don't see a Joe smith johnson or something like that. I mean I dont mind having my moms maiden name but it becomes a pain when you call somewhere and they ask you for your name and they respond could I get your complete name please!!! As far as the question goes, I think I phrased it wrong. My question is in general, is it likely that an oath will be given in 16 days if they do once a month oaths or do they wait till next month? I just want to hear based on experiences with once a month oath offices. Thanks

Can't answer your question about oath ceremonies, don't feel anyone can unless they are an insider.

Wife, also from a Latin American country had a list of last names that she decided to drop all but her new married name. Was no problem for her, even though her previous green cards and even her SS card had all those names. Its not really name changing as much as name dropping.

I gather its typical if married to put your maiden name before your new married name, and if a kid, to put your mothers maiden name after your fathers name. A before and after situation.

Wife had to drop her maiden name and step daughter her moms maiden name when they got their drivers' license, wasn't enough space in the blanks for all those names. Same on credit cards and other banking information. But somehow they squeezed in all those names on their green cards. Wife dropped her maiden name on her N-400 with no problems, and that is how her certificate and passport are, Also dropped it on her SS card, they managed to squeeze all that in as well, but what does remain the same is both your SS and alien numbers. Why do we even need names, when we also have numbers?

Should change my handle from NickD to 123456789, just call me One for short.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.