Melissa Garcia

Sent AOS on October 22, 2010

2 posts in this topic

Heya everyone! I got my AOS all situated and sent it on the 22nd of October and they're going to receive it on Tuesday, October 26th! I hope they process it soon! So what's gonna happen next...? I'm unsure about the the DS-260, do I send that to the NVC or does my husband have to take that with him to the interview?? I'd like to know which comes first, the request for the DS-260 or the letter of appointment for the interview at the US consulate at El Salvador... What should he bring to the final interview?? What questions are usually asked?? Can you pay the medical fees with card? Anyone know what exactly they do at the Medical thing? How many fees needed to be paid there???

I know I'm all over the place with these questions, I just can't wait for him to be here!!!

I'd like to send him the money in advance @_@

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Heya everyone! I got my AOS all situated and sent it on the 22nd of October and they're going to receive it on Tuesday, October 26th! I hope they process it soon! So what's gonna happen next...? I'm unsure about the the DS-260, do I send that to the NVC or does my husband have to take that with him to the interview?? I'd like to know which comes first, the request for the DS-260 or the letter of appointment for the interview at the US consulate at El Salvador... What should he bring to the final interview?? What questions are usually asked?? Can you pay the medical fees with card? Anyone know what exactly they do at the Medical thing? How many fees needed to be paid there???

I know I'm all over the place with these questions, I just can't wait for him to be here!!!

I'd like to send him the money in advance @_@

I'm not sure but do you mean the DS-230? That's the one I know to be filled out by the beneficiary, not sure what the DS-260 is.

After you send in the AOS, you can check the online payment portal and see if the IV bill is ready to pay ($404.00), if it is, you pay it just the way you paid the AOS fee. Then you wait a couple of days until it shows as paid, so you can print the coversheet and mail it with the filled out form to the NVC. The DS-230 HAS to be sent to the NVC for processing. The letter with interview date will come until the Case has been closed at the NVC, and they will close it until they received the AOS and DS-230 along with all the required documentation.

About the medical fees, it depends on the doctor, but it's recommended to bring cash. Medical is basically blood testing and X-ray.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.