SimAsh

Mumbai Interview (Submitting Docs.)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey all, my wife has an interview on November 19th and she has an appointment for her medical exam on Oct 25th. So, after she receives her results; should she go ahead and submit her originals documents(medical exam document and PCC)at the VFS office or take it with her at the time of interview? E-mail I got back from the VFS states that she can take the original with her at the time of the interview. However, she has to go there to pay for the mailing fee of the passport. I have heard that at mumbai embassy you can also pick-up the passport same day after the interview is complete according to VFS website.

http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/trackyourpassport.html

Filed: Timeline

>hey all, my wife has an interview on November 19th and she has an appointment for her medical exam on Oct 25th. So, after she receives her results; should she go >ahead and submit her originals documents(medical exam document and PCC)at the VFS office or take it with her at the time of interview?

SimAsh, I e-mailed/messaged number of people on this, because it wasn't clear. As far as Chennai goes (and I believe any other Indian consulate) you can bring the health certificate directly to the interview. In fact, one VJer (hobekenworkingman) said that VFS won't take your health certificate. You have to, however, pay VFS a fee for them to courier them back to you.

1. Do the medical, pick up the certificate. In Chennai you get it the next day, if everything is normal.

2. Within 15 days of the interview but not more than 10 days before, go to VFS and pay the courier fee; keep their receipt, you'll need this to get into the consulate. I hear they also add a sticker to your pp.

3. Bring both the medical certificate and the VFS receipt to the consulate.

At least, this is how it works in Chennai.

Not sure what originals you are talking about, NVC must have all of them, right? I certainly don't have any thing original for my spouse to take to the interview. For the interview, you need to bring your PP, medical, vfs fee receipt and the interview letter to submit. And of course, evidence of relationship (photos, phone records etc) for the actual interview itself.

>>E-mail I got back from the VFS states that she can take the original with her at the time of the interview. However, she has to go there to pay for the mailing fee of the >>passport. I have heard that at mumbai embassy you can also pick-up the passport same day after the interview is complete according to VFS website.

In Chennai, you can pick up the passport the next day between 4-5 I believe at VFS. That is what I plan to do. In Mumbai maybe you can collect it the same day at the embassy?

Hope this helps...

Edited by KaashParinda

Where am I at in the process? :

-Oath Ceremony scheduled for Feb 7, 2014 (scheduled late by request)

-Successful Citizenship interview, Dec 11, 2013

-fingerprint appointment, Oct 24, 2013

-applied for Citizenship, Sep 2013

-received 10 year green card, June 12, 2013
-conditions removed, April 11, 2013 (YAY!)
-biometrics appointment Oct 16, 2012
-I-750 NOA1 received Sep 23, 2012
-USCIS received I-750 removal of conditions in Sep 19, 2012
-received Social Security Card, late December 2010
-received 2 year green card, late December 2010
-port of entry, December 6, 2010
-interview November 30, 2010, granted
-VFS payment week of Nov 15, 2010
-Medical Exam done Nov 3, 2010
-Interview Date Assigned: November 30, 2010
-Case complete Sep 10, 2010.
-DS230 and I-864 received Aug 16, 2010 at NVC.
-Case at NVC: July 29, 2010
-I-130 approved July 23, 2010 at USCIS
-I-130 NOA1 March 18, 2010
Marriage: Feb 15, 2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For BMB, you can pick it up at VFS that day itself -- I think they're open 4-5pm. However, if the Consulate is backed up -- and they were when I had my interview -- the visa might take another day to be printed. So it might be the next day. I flew back to Calcutta that same night because I didn't want to wait around in some shite hotel to collect the passport. It was couriered by Blue Dart the next day.

Interview--05/12

Visa printed--05/13

PP in hand--05/14

I submitted my medical to VFS. No matter what you submit to VFS, carry extra forms to the consulate on the day of the interview. Including copies of the DS230 and I-864.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey all, my wife has an interview on November 19th and she has an appointment for her medical exam on Oct 25th. So, after she receives her results; should she go ahead and submit her originals documents(medical exam document and PCC)at the VFS office or take it with her at the time of interview? E-mail I got back from the VFS states that she can take the original with her at the time of the interview. However, she has to go there to pay for the mailing fee of the passport. I have heard that at mumbai embassy you can also pick-up the passport same day after the interview is complete according to VFS website.

http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/trackyourpassport.html

I agree with Sachinky. You can submit copies to VFS and carry orignals, thats what I did. Good luck with the interview.

130 Track:

Apr. 4. 2007: I-130 Sent/Submitted

Apr. 13. 2007: I-130 NOA1

Aug. 11. 2009: I-130 Approved

NVC Track:

Sep 16 2009: NVC Case # assigned

Mar 28 2010: DS3032 received via mail.

Mar 30 2010: DS3032 Entered into NVC sys

Apr 4 2010: AOS fee bill generated

Apr 5 2010: AOS paid online

Apr 6 2010: IV fee bill generated

Apr 13 2010: IV fee bill paid.

May 24 2010: I-864 sent

June 6 2010: DS-230 sent.

July 20 2010: Case complete at NVC

Sep 1 2010: Interview Appt Letter Received

Sep 13 2010: Medical done.

Oct 4 2010: Visa approved

Nov 2010: POE.

Nov 29: Got SSN

Dec 2010: Got Green card

Timeline

KaashParinda, yes I think it's best that she will take the Medical Exam results with her instead of submitting at the VFS because I don't trust them (it could easily get lost in mail or in mailing room) and if they said we have to submit the originals than I told her to make a copy of it and keep one with her when she goes for interview.'

Yes, she will have her original passport, Med cert and VFS receipt. She also has to take her original PCC (Police Clearance Cert) with her because NVC told us that Mumbai embassy was accepting the PCC at the time of interview and NVC did not needed that.

I have heard that you can pick-up visa same day also at Mumbai embassy, so she is going to try to see if she can pick it up same day.

Timeline

hey all, i know this is kind of our own decision (we are trying to book the ticket)but with past experience from VJ members is it reasonable to think that you would get visa in 5 working days in mail (if you are not able to pick-it up same day)? We are thinking about booking the ticket for Nov 26 and she has interview on Nov 19th

Filed: Timeline

hey all, i know this is kind of our own decision (we are trying to book the ticket)but with past experience from VJ members is it reasonable to think that you would get visa in 5 working days in mail (if you are not able to pick-it up same day)? We are thinking about booking the ticket for Nov 26 and she has interview on Nov 19th

SimAsh, my timeline is similar because unless it goes into administrative processing (which can take months) we should get the visa the day after. I took the gamble and already bought tickets. I told you my rationale on your profile. My timeline is:

Interview: Nov 29

Receive PP + VISA: Nov 30 from VFS--I know Chennai is hot and stinky (sorry Chennai-ites, but its true) but I rather come back from Chennai with the pp+visa.

Fly back to the USA together: Dec 6; I have waited long enough!!

I know its an aggressive time-line, but even if we don't get the pp the next day ( and I don't see why we wouldn't), the couriers take 2 days, even if the consulate says 7 working days.

And good advice from Sachinky and Twulf on the docs. Carry copies of everything you have submitted. ALSO carry a brand new DS-230. I have heard others have had to fill it out last minute.

Where am I at in the process? :

-Oath Ceremony scheduled for Feb 7, 2014 (scheduled late by request)

-Successful Citizenship interview, Dec 11, 2013

-fingerprint appointment, Oct 24, 2013

-applied for Citizenship, Sep 2013

-received 10 year green card, June 12, 2013
-conditions removed, April 11, 2013 (YAY!)
-biometrics appointment Oct 16, 2012
-I-750 NOA1 received Sep 23, 2012
-USCIS received I-750 removal of conditions in Sep 19, 2012
-received Social Security Card, late December 2010
-received 2 year green card, late December 2010
-port of entry, December 6, 2010
-interview November 30, 2010, granted
-VFS payment week of Nov 15, 2010
-Medical Exam done Nov 3, 2010
-Interview Date Assigned: November 30, 2010
-Case complete Sep 10, 2010.
-DS230 and I-864 received Aug 16, 2010 at NVC.
-Case at NVC: July 29, 2010
-I-130 approved July 23, 2010 at USCIS
-I-130 NOA1 March 18, 2010
Marriage: Feb 15, 2010

Timeline

SimAsh, my timeline is similar because unless it goes into administrative processing (which can take months) we should get the visa the day after. I took the gamble and already bought tickets. I told you my rationale on your profile. My timeline is:

Interview: Nov 29

Receive PP + VISA: Nov 30 from VFS--I know Chennai is hot and stinky (sorry Chennai-ites, but its true) but I rather come back from Chennai with the pp+visa.

Fly back to the USA together: Dec 6; I have waited long enough!!

I know its an aggressive time-line, but even if we don't get the pp the next day ( and I don't see why we wouldn't), the couriers take 2 days, even if the consulate says 7 working days.

And good advice from Sachinky and Twulf on the docs. Carry copies of everything you have submitted. ALSO carry a brand new DS-230. I have heard others have had to fill it out last minute.

So, you going to the interview with her and then you both are planning to come back on Dec 6th?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.