Hicham&Darlene

confused about letter got from interview today

23 posts in this topic

Good news is that you will get a letter either way.

Either you'll get a letter to come back in about 60 days to redo the test/interview OR you'll get the letter for the oath ceremony.

You also could try calling the number listed on the sheet for the interview - I found that they were very helpful at this stage in the process with what was going on.

thanks just have to wait as always.

Darlene

I just saw you're in MN - assuming Bloomington office - did he have a heavy set female officer do the interview? If so, she's a witch and odds are good that she didn't pass him on the test. My husband had something similar with the letter happen. I waited and talked to her afterwards to try and straighten things out. She flat up lied to me about why she didn't pass him and when my husband went for his 2nd interview, the new interview lady couldn't understand why the 1st one didn't pass him. Frustrating. I think NickD's wife had the same lady with similar results too.

no he had oriental man. I am not sure nationality.

it is wierd maybe they are stalling cause the dont have room for so many for oath

Darlene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mmm could be but I know there were only about 24 people at my husband's oath ceremony last week, and we waited several weeks for that letter to come.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Mmm could be but I know there were only about 24 people at my husband's oath ceremony last week, and we waited several weeks for that letter to come.

how long did you have to wait for letter after retest.I am also curious what was checked on the form the interviewer gave you??

thanks

Darlene

Darlene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband had his interview today for citizenship.

He got letter a standard letter and there are check marks in front of lines that pertain.

X You will be given another opportunity to be tested on your ability

(ability for what)

X USCIS will send you a written decision about your application

X a decision can not yet be made

The test was not checked but he saw the the interviewer write 6/6 he got all questions right.

He asked other things like my kids names and ages he was not sure of age one was 22 he said 21 or 22 othere is 25 he said 25 or 26

he asked if we live alone together and phone address and if he works in same town. Have we ever been seperated and we have not. How many times i went to morocco have i met his family and friends. Yes was there 2 times.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated we are worried about this.

Darlene

We were also at St. Paul, the one located in Bloomington, sat there for 45 minutes, I got up and asked the receptionist that was a cute little oriental girl about our appointment, she could also barely speak English, but gathered she said they were running late. Wife had that African American rather plume woman, her only comment about the children listed within our marriage was, wow, you have eight kids! For her it was two of her own and six of mine that would be her step kids. Glad her IO didn't ask their ages, really don't think my wife memorized that. I filled that section out, heck, I am a man, we don't burden our brains with such things as anniversaries or birthdays. Had to call a couple of my kids to ask them for their birth dates. What does that prove? Do remember my step daughters birthday, been living here six years now and had to type it lots of times, mostly for governmental forms.

Wife's IO asked her three times if she was a prostitute, wife was a bit offended by that, but she said she kept her cool.

As the sponsoring US citizens, we tend to take over filling out the these forms, but from reading this board, going through all the questions on those ten pages of the N-400 is very much a part of the interview. So instructed my wife to study that just like those 100 civic questions. Never tested her on remembering all those birthdays, this is a first from reading your post. Another thing to be concerned about. Ha, my wife is just as bad as me about remembering dates, was our sixth wedding anniversary last Tuesday, she forgot all about it.

We were also at St. Paul, the one located in Bloomington, sat there for 45 minutes, I got up and asked the receptionist that was a cute little oriental girl about our appointment, she could also barely speak English, but gathered she said they were running late. Wife had that African American rather plume woman, her only comment about the children listed within our marriage was, wow, you have eight kids! For her it was two of her own and six of mine that would be her step kids. Glad her IO didn't ask their ages, really don't think my wife memorized that. I filled that section out, heck, I am a man, we don't burden our brains with such things as anniversaries or birthdays. Had to call a couple of my kids to ask them for their birth dates. What does that prove? Do remember my step daughters birthday, been living here six years now and had to type it lots of times, mostly for governmental forms.

Wife's IO asked her three times if she was a prostitute, wife was a bit offended by that, but she said she kept her cool.

As the sponsoring US citizens, we tend to take over filling out the these forms, but from reading this board, going through all the questions on those ten pages of the N-400 is very much a part of the interview. So instructed my wife to study that just like those 100 civic questions. Never tested her on remembering all those birthdays, this is a first from reading your post. Another thing to be concerned about. Ha, my wife is just as bad as me about remembering dates, was our sixth wedding anniversary last Tuesday, she forgot all about it.

well glad she got her citizenship.

WHat was results at end of interview??

Did she have to wait for oath letter??

thanks

darlene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

well glad she got her citizenship.

WHat was results at end of interview??

Did she have to wait for oath letter??

thanks

darlene

She passed, but was conditional on final approval, IO told her it had to be sent off someplace, yeah to her supervisor in the same office. And still question whether my wife was being approved or if how the IO handled the interview and got all the required data was being approved.

Instructed my wife to request the same day oath like other field offices do, we don't do that here was the reply, but you should get your oath letter within two weeks. Waited seven weeks, then called my senators office, her oath was done at the St. Paul's office three days later. So they can do an oath in the field office if instructed to do so by your senators office.

She passed, but was conditional on final approval, IO told her it had to be sent off someplace, yeah to her supervisor in the same office. And still question whether my wife was being approved or if how the IO handled the interview and got all the required data was being approved.

Instructed my wife to request the same day oath like other field offices do, we don't do that here was the reply, but you should get your oath letter within two weeks. Waited seven weeks, then called my senators office, her oath was done at the St. Paul's office three days later. So they can do an oath in the field office if instructed to do so by your senators office.

that is good to know thanks

Darlene

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.