Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Staying outside the USA for longer periods of time while on a green card?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany

Hi to everyone, I cant even describe how much this forum has helped me

a thousand thanks to everyone contributing.

So I have received my green card through marriage, I have a family member that has been very sick for a while

(cancer), and I am helping him out currently in Germany, I have currently stayed out of the USA

for around 5 months, I have a house and have bills that are being paid in the USA and my spouse has also visited me here from time to time. I do my work online IT stuff and my taxes are also filed in the usa. I have heard that I can only stay for up to 6 months out of the country, my main questions are:

If I come back how long would I have to stay in the USA until I could go back to see my relative? Also what can be filled I heard a travel permit mite be option, are there any consular filings I can do?

This as mentioned is not a permanent situation I just wish to spend as much time with my relative before he passes away.

Thank you for your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...