brown and white

payment

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i'd like to ask if its required to pay for the K1 appointment ($350) on BDO as soon as u get your appointment schedule? i'm planning to pay a week before my appointment interview cos i will need to use the money for my medical first. do they check the receipt for the appointment schedule when u go to st. lukes? and btw, do they have to do pap smear on medical? i just had my pap smear last june, i had candidiacies :blush: but its fixed now.

i'd like to ask if its required to pay for the K1 appointment ($350) on BDO as soon as u get your appointment schedule? i'm planning to pay a week before my appointment interview cos i will need to use the money for my medical first. do they check the receipt for the appointment schedule when u go to st. lukes? and btw, do they have to do pap smear on medical? i just had my pap smear last june, i had candidiacies :blush: but its fixed now.

No, you don't have to pay the visa fee as soon as you get your appointment. You can pay for it the day before your interview if you want to.

When you go to St. Lukes for your medical, you can show manong guard your NOA2 and your interview confirmation letter from the Embassy. Paying for the visa interview is not a requirement for getting your medical.

I don't think St. Lukes performs pap smears.

Good luck with your medical! :star:

You may want to bring the results of the test to show the physician, and proof that it was treated. I had abnormal bleeding back in July 2009, and was treated for it. Showed the doctor the medication I took and records from the OB.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

No, you don't have to pay the visa fee as soon as you get your appointment. You can pay for it the day before your interview if you want to.

When you go to St. Lukes for your medical, you can show manong guard your NOA2 and your interview confirmation letter from the Embassy. Paying for the visa interview is not a requirement for getting your medical.

I don't think St. Lukes performs pap smears.

Good luck with your medical! :star:

ok thank you.. sorry to sound stupid but what is NOA2? i have this email "appointment confirmation" and a letter from embassy saying "i'm eligible to call for interview sched"

You may want to bring the results of the test to show the physician, and proof that it was treated. I had abnormal bleeding back in July 2009, and was treated for it. Showed the doctor the medication I took and records from the OB.

now i'm worried, i will be going on monday for medical.. and i don't have the record that prove i'm treated :( will they ask about pap smear? tho it says in my result that NEGATIVE for malignancy.

ok thank you.. sorry to sound stupid but what is NOA2? i have this email "appointment confirmation" and a letter from embassy saying "i'm eligible to call for interview sched"

A NOA2 is a "Notice of Action" by the USCIS. In this case, when the USCIS approves the K-1 application, they send an email and a letter to the petitioner to notify the petitioner that the application has been approved. The letter and the email are your NOA2.

Some beneficiaries have been allowed to proceed with their medical at St. Lukes by showing manong guard only their NOA2. However, you should take your other two papers also, since you already have them.

A NOA2 is a "Notice of Action" by the USCIS. In this case, when the USCIS approves the K-1 application, they send an email and a letter to the petitioner to notify the petitioner that the application has been approved. The letter and the email are your NOA2.

Some beneficiaries have been allowed to proceed with their medical at St. Lukes by showing manong guard only their NOA2. However, you should take your other two papers also, since you already have them.

ok so i checked my email, i have this NVC clearance forwarded by the lawyer to me.. but i don't have the letter from them.

is the appointment letter(email), embassy letter and NVC clearance(email) would be enough? also are they too strict w/ pictures? i had my pictures but they are not exactly 2x2 they seem like 1.5x2.. sorry for these funny questions :blush:

ok so i checked my email, i have this NVC clearance forwarded by the lawyer to me.. but i don't have the letter from them.

is the appointment letter(email), embassy letter and NVC clearance(email) would be enough? also are they too strict w/ pictures? i had my pictures but they are not exactly 2x2 they seem like 1.5x2.. sorry for these funny questions :blush:

Yes, your interview appointment letter is enough. :yes:

I'm not sure if your pictures will be OK. However, it's inexpensive to get new pictures in Pinas. Make sure you get lots of pictures, because everyone wants them...St. Lukes will want a few...the Embassy will want a couple for your DS-156...the CFO will want a few...and you will need a couple pictures when you adjust your status...etc. :)

Have you read this thread?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THE PASPORT STYLE PHOTOS HAVE VERY SPECIFIC AND DETAILED DEMINSIONS NOT ONLY FOR THE DEMISSIONS OF THE WHOLE PIX BUT ALSO FOR THE DISTANCE FROM CHIN TO TOP POF HAIR AND FROM BOTTOM OF PIX TO CENTER OIF EYE LINE, SO I WOULDNT RISK THEM BEING WRONG SIZE OR SHAPE. THE ONES THEY TOOK FOR MY FIANCEES PASSPORT IN THE PHILIPPINES SOMEHOW WORKED FOR HER PASSPORT, EVEN BEING WAY TOO SMALL ABOUT 1 1/2 BY 1 1/2 INCHES. BUT FOR US PAPERS THE 2 INCH SQUARE IS STANDARD.

BUT YOUR OTHER QUESTION REMINDED ME OF ONE I HAVE ON SIMILAR LINE: WHAT PAPER MUST YOU ACTUALLY HAVE IN HAND TO PAY FOR THE VISA APPLICATION AT BDO? THEY SAY "APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION RECIEPT" IN THE KI VISA INSTRUCTIONS, BUT EXACTLY WHAT IS THAT RECIEPT IN PHYSICAL FORM? MY FIANCEE WENT TO MANILA FOR MEDICAL PRIOR TO SCHEDULING INTERVIEW, AND NOW IM WONDERING HOW WE CAN PAY THE FEE FOR APPLICATION WITHOUT A RECIEPT SHOWING SHES SCHEDULED FOR HER INTERVIEW,SO THAT SHE CAN ALSO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW WHEN WE DO SCHEDULE IT? AND DOES SHE NEED AN ACTUAL PAPER RECIEPT STATING HER INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED AND WHEN, TO BE ALLOWED ON EMBASDSY GROUNDS FOR THE INTERVIEW? CAN THEY EMAIL IT OR WOULD SHE HAVE TO BE AT HER ADDRESS ON MINDINAO TO RECIEVE IT? I FEAR WASTING ALL OUR MONEY KEEPING HER IN MANILA WAITING FOR A PAPER SHE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN MANILA. JUST A SIMPLE RECIEPT SAYING INTERVIEW SCHEDULED. SHURELY IT CANT STALL THE WHOLE PROCESS.

Hi There :)

The appointment confirmation receipt refers to the e-mail from the US Embassy call center usually sent to the applicant after the interview is set.

On the day of her interview, she needs to show the security guards two photo IDs with her signature and the letter confirming her interview date and time.

THE PASPORT STYLE PHOTOS HAVE VERY SPECIFIC AND DETAILED DEMINSIONS NOT ONLY FOR THE DEMISSIONS OF THE WHOLE PIX BUT ALSO FOR THE DISTANCE FROM CHIN TO TOP POF HAIR AND FROM BOTTOM OF PIX TO CENTER OIF EYE LINE, SO I WOULDNT RISK THEM BEING WRONG SIZE OR SHAPE. THE ONES THEY TOOK FOR MY FIANCEES PASSPORT IN THE PHILIPPINES SOMEHOW WORKED FOR HER PASSPORT, EVEN BEING WAY TOO SMALL ABOUT 1 1/2 BY 1 1/2 INCHES. BUT FOR US PAPERS THE 2 INCH SQUARE IS STANDARD.

BUT YOUR OTHER QUESTION REMINDED ME OF ONE I HAVE ON SIMILAR LINE: WHAT PAPER MUST YOU ACTUALLY HAVE IN HAND TO PAY FOR THE VISA APPLICATION AT BDO? THEY SAY "APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION RECIEPT" IN THE KI VISA INSTRUCTIONS, BUT EXACTLY WHAT IS THAT RECIEPT IN PHYSICAL FORM? MY FIANCEE WENT TO MANILA FOR MEDICAL PRIOR TO SCHEDULING INTERVIEW, AND NOW IM WONDERING HOW WE CAN PAY THE FEE FOR APPLICATION WITHOUT A RECIEPT SHOWING SHES SCHEDULED FOR HER INTERVIEW,SO THAT SHE CAN ALSO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW WHEN WE DO SCHEDULE IT? AND DOES SHE NEED AN ACTUAL PAPER RECIEPT STATING HER INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED AND WHEN, TO BE ALLOWED ON EMBASDSY GROUNDS FOR THE INTERVIEW? CAN THEY EMAIL IT OR WOULD SHE HAVE TO BE AT HER ADDRESS ON MINDINAO TO RECIEVE IT? I FEAR WASTING ALL OUR MONEY KEEPING HER IN MANILA WAITING FOR A PAPER SHE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN MANILA. JUST A SIMPLE RECIEPT SAYING INTERVIEW SCHEDULED. SHURELY IT CANT STALL THE WHOLE PROCESS.

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

Hi There :)

The appointment confirmation receipt refers to the e-mail from the US Embassy call center usually sent to the applicant after the interview is set.

On the day of her interview, she needs to show the security guards two photo IDs with her signature and the letter confirming her interview date and time.

Timeline

hey guys thanks for the info on the appointment confirmation reciept. never having had one and noting that they often call the same paper different things at different times, i was at a loss to know what paper they wanted us to present. and that is the one paper i havn't laid eyes on in the past year of seeing nothing but papers. i didnt know they'd email it either. knowing they will do that gives me courage to believe we will indeed succeed. the money's soo tight and being unsure if there was any way to get the paper was one thing we didnt need.now knowing we can get the reciept via email all there is to fear, as roosevelt once said, is fear itself. thanks again for your help.

Timeline

ohhhh one other thing. perhapse im belaboring a point, but i have to ask. the letter you said she must present to the guard to enter the embassy, can it also be the email, printed out or must it be a mailed letter? for if it must be san actual mailed letter, that too could thwart us.

When she makes the appointment at the Embassy through the call center, the agent will ask her if she has an e-mail address. The appointment confirmation will then be e-mailed to her and she can print that out and present it to the guard. The agent will give her instructions as well.

ohhhh one other thing. perhapse im belaboring a point, but i have to ask. the letter you said she must present to the guard to enter the embassy, can it also be the email, printed out or must it be a mailed letter? for if it must be san actual mailed letter, that too could thwart us.

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

When she makes the appointment at the Embassy through the call center, the agent will ask her if she has an e-mail address. The appointment confirmation will then be e-mailed to her and she can print that out and present it to the guard. The agent will give her instructions as well.

you guys have been soo helpful to us, im beginning to feel a real kindship with this site and the members. weve cleared one more hurdle, thanks in part to your answers. jane called me at 4am this morning to tell me she'd passed her medical exam and is now ready for her interview. i swear i could see the big smile oh her face see her dimples kasi of it and see her beatiful brown eyes sparkle as she laughed and joked happily and not nervous for the first time since she arrived in manila. she appoligized almost immediately after the announcement for calling so early, but i said thats fine honey, im soo happy its like christmas when i was a little kid. no matter how early i was awakend by mom for my presents, i was delighetd as i am na. jane can never keep track of the 13 hour time difference, well 14 na due to daylight savings ending, and seems worried about it but i just laugh and take her 2am or whatever time calls as if it were 2pm.

i saw some people discussing k-1 visas mentioning ds-230 forms and saw them listed on one place on the immigrant visa section of the embassys website that i was referred to for k-1 visa information, but it isn't mentioned in the downloaded package of forms for the k-1 visa and i know the k-1 is technically a nonimmigrant visa, so is there any need for a ds-230 immigrant visa application in this k-1 nonimmigrant visa application process? i just want to make sure we havn't overlooked any forms before calling tonight to schedule janes k-1 visa interview.

we are also, like one of the others who posted here, possibly now short on passport pix, as when we startd the process, they stated we needed 3, 2 for embassy and 1 for medical, i made sure jane had 4, one extra, then st lukes, alloted only 1 in the official instructions, wanted more, and I'm hearing people say both places want more than is officially stated, so tonite before i call i need to make sure jane still has atleast two. its unfortunate they dont just tell how many they really want when giving initial instructions. I dont begrudge them any number they want, it just creates problems for them to not be honest about the actual number they want. If they said 10 or 20 ahead of time it'd be no problem, even if they only used 5. But saying less than they actually need can become a big problem, especially if you wind up in a time crunch like were in na. i made 6 good coppies of one she sent me for the petition, and mailed them back to her as soon as i discovered they want more than they officially ask for, but those 6 havnt arrived yet along with updated papers.

Can you tell me where we can get passport style photos cheaply in manila, or get good coppies made of them cheaply, near the embassy if she needs to get new ones taken or coppies made, just to be sure we have enough before the interview? We're in kind of a time crunch wanting to get her interview before we run out of money keeping her in manila waiting for it, as during the process i got laid off from my 20 year job, a casualty of the economy. there's no problem supporting her, as i'm starting social security a little early, and have navy retirement, putting me well over the poverty guideline, but the timming couldn't have been worse for us, just kasi of the logistics of making it all work in a two week period, or running out and needing to go 600 miles home before it's done, further delaying the process and then returning for the interview, when papers are even older.

I'm almost forced to try to get the interview as soon as possible and just hope the number of pix and old forms are good enough, kasi the few days to recieve the new ones, could change everything, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, at the last moment, if jane has to leave manila before the papers and pix arrive. and honestly none of the old papers have passed thier expiration date. i just wanted to update them to be certain no consulate officer would have reason to say he wanted new ones. so the pix are the most likely to make a problem, if there are too few left. i know jane could possibly breeze right through pass everything and be done in a day or two if i just schedule the interview and am able to get it in a couple of days, but this process is too important to just hope for the best and take chances. so i must make sure as much as i possibly can, that simple unimportant nit picky things dont thwart us, just by causing the lack of a check in a box. such as having only 2 visa pix and today they want 3, where yesterday 2 might have been fine.

thanks again for your help, Daag

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.