Darnell

NVC Electronic Processing - October 2010

131 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wow!! So much has happened while I was in China. It seems like we had 3 members getting their approval notice! I am still in a battle with my lawyer to finish up the NVC process. I totally regret hiring them because not only they SLOWED this whole process, they are also not familier with the electronic process which frustrates me even more. I wanted to send some picture to the NVC but they are forbidding me to do so as well... I totally regret hiring them.

Anna

OK- so yer attorney was NOT trainable after all - that was my concern for you in November, as attornies refuse to learn new stuff. It's now the beginning of February, how do you feel?

Now, as to sending stuff into NVC for the EP process, absolutely - see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571 specifically for additional relationship evidence (yer photos peg into this category) - include a cover letter, asking that it be added in to the CASEFILE with the DS-230 submittal.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

OK- so yer attorney was NOT trainable after all - that was my concern for you in November, as attornies refuse to learn new stuff. It's now the beginning of February, how do you feel?

Now, as to sending stuff into NVC for the EP process, absolutely - see http://www.visajourn...ost__p__4100571 specifically for additional relationship evidence (yer photos peg into this category) - include a cover letter, asking that it be added in to the CASEFILE with the DS-230 submittal.

Yes, I will be calling NVC on Monday to see if I can send some documents along. If the lawyer won't, send it, I will just submit it myself! Thanks Darnell!

IMG_1050small.jpgdSiam6.png

Timeline

Hi Anna,

It's 8:12am in Zhuhai now and my wife and I will be going to a hot springs today.

Anna, I really fill for you on this one. A lawyer is nice when there are difficulties in the case. I really feel the pictures I sent of my wife and I on some of our trips together (sent electronically during NVC really helped us).

Eric

Aye, I really regret hiring them because not only it was a waste of money but they also slowed down our case. If it weren't for them, my husband would have had an interview by now. Enjoy your time in Zhuhai and best wishes to you and your wife! Also, thank you for all the advice you provided for us!

Timeline

Yes, I will be calling NVC on Monday to see if I can send some documents along. If the lawyer won't, send it, I will just submit it myself! Thanks Darnell!

wei - what news?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I have a question for those who completed the NVC process and received a scheduled interview. How long does it take for them to complete it and then schedule an interview? Let say if I submit everything by March 15th. When should my husband be expecting an interview? April, May or June?

Thanks,

Anna

Timeline

finish submitting everything - then you get 'case complete status' within 10 days

then

you need 'final review' - which is 2 to 10 more days.

for NVC EP to CHINA - scheduling occurs 2 to 5 days AFTER final review is completed.

Once it's scheduled, the appointment date can be 20 to 30 days after scheduling event.

----

IF NO EP to China, NVC not schedule the appointment - the entire casefile is sent to GUZ IV, and it takes some time to arrive inside the IV unit itself (anywhere from 2 to 5 months) then GUZ IV will schedule within 45 days of receiving the casefile.

HTH !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

wei - what news?

So I read the post by DJwalker and I understand all of that. And we had all of that ready since December! However, the problem is my husband had a misderminor for fighting when he was 18 and this has been slowing us down. We had to go to the "gong an ju" and obtain a criminal history and then had to get it notarized which took almost 2 week. After that, I showed it to the lawyer and they said it is not complete enough so we need to get MORE evidence. So, my husband went to court and obtained the case incident of what happened during fight and we had to get this notarized. This took another 3 weeks. I then showed this to the lawyer and they said we need to obtain ANOTHER document saying he has been a good citizen since that crime date till now. He went to "gong an ju" but they will not give him that document. Then he asked around and went to "Pai Chu Suo" and finally obtained a document saying that since the misdemeanor date, he has been a good citizen and has not been convicted in any crimes. However, this happened before Chinese new years so we had to wait till the end of the holidays which were two weeks. After that, we had to get it notarized and it took another week.

When we finally got everything together and the documents are ready to be sent, the paralegal who is handling our case QUIT!!! So our case was left in the black hole for two weeks until the next paralegal picked it up. Although it just need to be sent, it stll took her a week to verify everything again and have to give it to the lawyer for a final verification. So as of now, it is sitting on the lawyer's desk and this is our latest status.

So all in all, LAWYERS ARE NOT TRUST WORTHY!!!! If the lawyers told us what we needed all together, we could have gotten everything at once instead of gettig one at a time. This would have saved us over two month. Also, if the paralegal did not quit, it would have also saved us at least 3 weeks. And what makes me mad is that whenever I call the lawyer, she gets really agitated and hangs up the phone on me. She says I bother her too much and none of her client are like this. Well, HELLO! This has been dragging on for almost 3 month and they are the one's that is not giving us the complete information I feel like I have to chase after them with a stick inorder to "CRAWL" foward not even "walk." At this point, there is no where for me to turn because I already paid her and I'm sure she's not going to refund me if I leave. So its either I take it and deal with it, or leave with nothing. :crying:

Timeline

finish submitting everything - then you get 'case complete status' within 10 days

then

you need 'final review' - which is 2 to 10 more days.

for NVC EP to CHINA - scheduling occurs 2 to 5 days AFTER final review is completed.

Once it's scheduled, the appointment date can be 20 to 30 days after scheduling event.

----

IF NO EP to China, NVC not schedule the appointment - the entire casefile is sent to GUZ IV, and it takes some time to arrive inside the IV unit itself (anywhere from 2 to 5 months) then GUZ IV will schedule within 45 days of receiving the casefile.

HTH !

So after I get everything submited, I should get an inteview w/in two month right? I did go the electronic route.. BTW, I had convince them this existed! They didn't even know!!!

Thanks,

Anna

Edited by diamondeve21

Timeline

the interview will be set within 10 to 25 days, at a date 20 to 35 days forward. within 2 months, you ask? absolutely !

Timeline

the interview will be set within 10 to 25 days, at a date 20 to 35 days forward. within 2 months, you ask? absolutely !

Thanks! BTW, after push and push... they FINALLY sent everything in today!!! I was so relieved! Thanks for all your help!

Timeline

Hi Darnell,

Is there a standard message we have to write in the subject line of the email? My lawyer's office just wrote "GZO####### (Name of my husband)" Is that okay?

Timeline

usually - that is sufficient.

should be emailed to nvcelectronic@state.gov

some ppl put (to the right) in the subject line, exactly WHAT it is. ie IV-DS-230, IV-civil documents, AOS-I-864, AOS-income data, etc.

even if ya put nothing in the subject line, it's OK -

as part of the OPT IN process - sets yer email address into the EP 'queue'

so when something is sent in from the OPT IN email address, it's auto-tagged, pulled to the casefile.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

uh oh... its sent from my lawyer's email not my husband's email.. does that matter? But I did give them my lawyer's email during the opt in

usually - that is sufficient.

should be emailed to nvcelectronic@state.gov

some ppl put (to the right) in the subject line, exactly WHAT it is. ie IV-DS-230, IV-civil documents, AOS-I-864, AOS-income data, etc.

even if ya put nothing in the subject line, it's OK -

as part of the OPT IN process - sets yer email address into the EP 'queue'

so when something is sent in from the OPT IN email address, it's auto-tagged, pulled to the casefile.

uh oh... its sent from my lawyer's email not my husband's email.. does that matter? But I did give them my lawyer's email during the opt in. Also, what is package IV? Should we start preparing for that right now?

Timeline

packet IV, 4, is appointment letter.

Don't forget the GUZ IV Packet 3 supplemental form (dl link in the EP wiki page) - it's required for China, submit with DS-230.

hmmm

package IV ? There is an IV fee, to be paid in conjunction with the DS-230 - stands for 'Immigrant Visa' and is actually the Visa Application Fee for the DS-230. NVC terms it 'IV' as opposed to 'AOS'.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.