bradkimber

Police Report

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hey all, still waiting for the NOA2, but I was just wondering if it was possible to get the police check done now even if it could potentially be a few months from the interview?

just trying to get it all sorted so i can walk straight into the interview when needed.

thanks!

brad

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Usually when you get one done its good for 1 year, which would imply that yes, you can get it figured out before you get your NOA1. I think the ones from the UK are only good for 6 months though, and I don't know if there are any other exceptions. The answer is yes, but just make sure when you apply for it, to double check that its valid for long enough.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Brad, it would also be helpful in the future if other VJ members could see your country when you post, rather than having to check your timeline for it. If people know what consulate you're dealing with, they'll be able to give you more specific information. Go up to the top right hand corner of the page, right underneath where you see your name click on "settings." It'll take you to a page with 4 tabs: settings, forums, profile, links and chat. Click on "profile" and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. It'll list some options for you to choose from a drop down menu. Where it says "country of non-US family member" choose your country (Australia) then click save changes.

This will make it so that the name of your country, and its flag will show up under your username when you make posts.

Thanks! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Brad, it would also be helpful in the future if other VJ members could see your country when you post, rather than having to check your timeline for it. If people know what consulate you're dealing with, they'll be able to give you more specific information. Go up to the top right hand corner of the page, right underneath where you see your name click on "settings." It'll take you to a page with 4 tabs: settings, forums, profile, links and chat. Click on "profile" and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. It'll list some options for you to choose from a drop down menu. Where it says "country of non-US family member" choose your country (Australia) then click save changes.

This will make it so that the name of your country, and its flag will show up under your username when you make posts.

Thanks! :star:

hehehe thanks heaps im a bit of a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing ill get on it asap!!

cheers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

If you can start sooner than when your fiancee receives her package, God bless you. The only problem I see is that the countries where you would apply for the Police Certificate require an official

letter from the agency requesting the Police Certificate. This letter is the one your fiancee will eventually receive when the case goes from the NVC to the local consulate of residence of your fiancee

requesting the various forms, eg., 230,156, 156K and the Police certificate among other things.

hey all, still waiting for the NOA2, but I was just wondering if it was possible to get the police check done now even if it could potentially be a few months from the interview?

just trying to get it all sorted so i can walk straight into the interview when needed.

thanks!

brad

Archie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.