Matt and Evieve

NVC

33 posts in this topic

NVC required NBI aside from police certificate filed in the province?

I have an NBI before but I know it will just be renewed if I'll get another one. But since I'm married already, I have to go to the NBI's office to get my NBI of my new name, right? What will be their requirements if married? They ask for marriage certificate?

Thank you!

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you're married, you need to request for an NBI certificate with AKA notation. (When they ask the purpose on the form, it's for US Immigration, the fee is Php 115)

So it has to show your current married name and your name when you were single. They only process that at the head office in Carriedo, not at any of the satellite offices.

Bring your marriage certificate and your passport (if it is already in your married name). Do you have any other valid IDs that are in your married name? You will need those too. (Here's a list of valid IDs on their FAQs: http://www.nbi.gov.ph/faq.htm)

NVC required NBI aside from police certificate filed in the province?

I have an NBI before but I know it will just be renewed if I'll get another one. But since I'm married already, I have to go to the NBI's office to get my NBI of my new name, right? What will be their requirements if married? They ask for marriage certificate?

Thank you!

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Since you're married, you need to request for an NBI certificate with AKA notation. (When they ask the purpose on the form, it's for US Immigration, the fee is Php 115)

So it has to show your current married name and your name when you were single. They only process that at the head office in Carriedo, not at any of the satellite offices.

Bring your marriage certificate and your passport (if it is already in your married name). Do you have any other valid IDs that are in your married name? You will need those too. (Here's a list of valid IDs on their FAQs: http://www.nbi.gov.ph/faq.htm)

Follow-up concerns:

I am from Leyte and I'm going to Cebu to process this, is that ok? Where is Carriedo?

I only have my marriage certificate (do they accept certified true copy?) and passport (married name). No other valid IDs on my married name anymore. Would marriage certificate and passport be enough?

Can I request for like 2 copies (or how many should I get?)?

Our case is not yet in NVC but I will just get NBI ahead since I have enough time, how long is this valid?

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

NBI Carriedo is the head office in Manila. Am not sure if they will do those in Cebu, you will have to call them and find out.

They will accept your marriage certificate, but it must be the NSO copy.

The best time for you to apply for an NBI clearance is close to your interview date; if you get it too early, you may be asked to secure a more current one. You only need one copy. It's valid for one year from the date of issuance.

Remember, what you need is the NBI clearance with AKA notation which must display your full married name and your full single name.

Follow-up concerns:

I am from Leyte and I'm going to Cebu to process this, is that ok? Where is Carriedo?

I only have my marriage certificate (do they accept certified true copy?) and passport (married name). No other valid IDs on my married name anymore. Would marriage certificate and passport be enough?

Can I request for like 2 copies (or how many should I get?)?

Our case is not yet in NVC but I will just get NBI ahead since I have enough time, how long is this valid?

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

K3-K4 Journey.txt

NBI Carriedo is the head office in Manila. Am not sure if they will do those in Cebu, you will have to call them and find out.

They will accept your marriage certificate, but it must be the NSO copy.

The best time for you to apply for an NBI clearance is close to your interview date; if you get it too early, you may be asked to secure a more current one. You only need one copy. It's valid for one year from the date of issuance.

Remember, what you need is the NBI clearance with AKA notation which must display your full married name and your full single name.

My husband is not going to need my NBI clearance for NVC? I'll just use it for my interview in US Embassy Manila?

You're CR1 nga pala :) It will be needed at the NVC stage; so request for it as soon as you get your NOA2.

My husband is not going to need my NBI clearance for NVC? I'll just use it for my interview in US Embassy Manila?

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Timeline

I believe you can get your nbi anywhere in the phils, that time i was in manila for my interview they were asking me to get another nbi clearance with alias because had some error on my nso before which i have it corrected already, but anyway when i asked the consul he told me that i can get it manila (am from cebu).

Edited by ImissUbabe

That means, I'll get 2 copies? One for husband and one for me? Or I'll just get mine later when it's near my interview date?

Since I'm going to Cebu, I'll inquire if I can get an NBI with AKA notation. How do you call that by the way? Hehe. Or I'll just basically say that?

I hope they allow it in Cebu. It will be costly for me later if I'll go to Manila just to get that kind of NBI clearance.

I am starting to collate the requirements for NVC so that when my husband gets the NOA2, I will just mail it to him. And I can just mail it here in Leyte through LBC.

I believe you can get your nbi anywhere in the phils, that time i was in manila for my interview they were asking me to get another nbi clearance with alias because had some error on my nso before which i have it corrected already, but anyway when i asked the consul he told me that i can get it manila (am from cebu).

Thank you for that. I will drop by NBI Cebu to confirm about this.

That means, I'll get 2 copies? One for husband and one for me? Or I'll just get mine later when it's near my interview date?

Since I'm going to Cebu, I'll inquire if I can get an NBI with AKA notation. How do you call that by the way? Hehe. Or I'll just basically say that?

I hope they allow it in Cebu. It will be costly for me later if I'll go to Manila just to get that kind of NBI clearance.

I am starting to collate the requirements for NVC so that when my husband gets the NOA2, I will just mail it to him. And I can just mail it here in Leyte through LBC.

Did the NVC require for your husband's NBI? What do you mean inquire an nbi with AKA, did you have error of your name on your nso ?

Did the NVC require for your husband's NBI? What do you mean inquire an nbi with AKA, did you have error of your name on your nso ?

No, I meant my NBI. That is one of my questions if the NVC will ask for my NBI. We are I think pushing through Cr1 since K3 is dead now. About the AKA annotation, that's what marriedtomrg said.

NBI clearance with AKA notation is what you will submit since you are married; it must display your current married name and your single name.

If an applicant has been previously married, the previous married name must also appear.

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

u have 2 options, which ever is closer to ur place, #s 6 and 9. I got 2 copies after i got my NOA2 approval.

http://www.nbi.gov.ph/faq.htm

For those with old NBI clearance or renewal applicant, you may also proceed to the above NBI offices and/or to the following KIOSK outlets listed below. You need to bring the Personal Copy of your previous NBI clearance certificate.

01. Park Square I, Makati City

02. SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City

03. Tutuban Center Mall, Divisoria Manila

04. Baguio City Hall Porta Vaga, Baguio City

05. Robinsons Mall, Cagayan de Oro City

06. Robinsons Mall, Cebu City

07. Victoria Mall, Davao City

08. Gaisano Mall, Iloilo City

09. South Central Market, Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu

Edited by hunniraine

11/15/2010............NVC received AOS package

11/16/2010............NVC received DS-230 package

11/25/2010 ........... early medical day 1

11/26/2010 ........... medical day 2 (passed)

11/29/2010............AOS entered at NVC's system, requesting for biographic info

11/30/2010............DS230 entered at NVC's system

12/8/2010 ........... SIF

12/9/2010 ........... Case Complete

12/13/2010 .......... Interview date assigned- January 7, 2011

01/07/ 2011 ..........Visa Approved

No, I meant my NBI. That is one of my questions if the NVC will ask for my NBI. We are I think pushing through Cr1 since K3 is dead now. About the AKA annotation, that's what marriedtomrg said.

I dont know they keep saying k-3 is dead now but i am on k-3 just had interview this year and got approved(long story about mine). Well there are more advantages on cr1 and less costs.I think nbi clearance is save for the interview in manila only.

Edited by ImissUbabe

I dont know they keep saying k-3 is dead now but i am on k-3 just had interview this year and got approved.I think nbi clearance is save for the interview in manila only, i mean dont think the nvc needs one.

Oh really? Can you please fill out your timeline for my and others reference? That would really help. As you see in our timeline, we filed I130 then 129F.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.