yesyes

n-445

6 posts in this topic

hi there,

i guess my question was never really answered so here we go again :)

do you guys use the following website to track your progress when it comes to citizenship?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

once the N445 letter gets sent in the mail, do you know if the case status gets updated?

For some reason i am really impatient :\

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I think we already answered. Like I said, it doesn't look like they update it after it gets to Testing and Interview. I have seen many people in this forum and others, where it seems to be stuck in Testing and Interview even after oath is scheduled and completed. I have been scheduled for oath next week and my status still shows Testing and Interview.

hi there,

i guess my question was never really answered so here we go again :)

do you guys use the following website to track your progress when it comes to citizenship?

https://egov.uscis.g.../jsps/login.jsp

once the N445 letter gets sent in the mail, do you know if the case status gets updated?

For some reason i am really impatient :\

thanks

05/06/09 - Mailed I-751

05/15/09 - Check cashed by VSC

05/18/09 - Received I-751 Receipt Notice

05/30/09 - Received Biometric appointment for 06/08 (dated 05/22)

06/08/09 - Completed biometrics. Still unable to access case status online. Now the real wait begins!

06/09/09 - Finally case status showed up online!. Touched today

09/21/09 - Approved (Letter from USCIS Vermont, dated 09/16/09)

09/23/09 - Card production ordered

09/30/09 - Card received!. USCIS done until citizenship!

05/21/10 - Mailed N-400

05/24/10 - N-400 received at Dallas, TX Lockbox

06/01/10 - Check cashed

06/04/10 - Received N-400 receipt notice (NOA dated 05/27)

06/29/10 - Placed service request for not receiving biometrics. Transferred to immigration officer, who confirmed that the Biometrics

letter has been generated and I would be receiving it shortly.

07/01/10 - Email and SMS case update stating that the Biometrics letter has been sent on June 29'th 2010.

07/06/10 - Received Biometric appointment for 07/23 (dated 06/30)- DONE

08/02/10 - Received yellow letter reminding me to bring my state ID (dated 07/28)

08/05/10 - Case touched. Email and SMS case update stating that the case has been transferred to the local office for interview.

08/06/10 - Case touched

08/06/10 - Received interview appointment for 09/10 at 9:20AM in Philadelphia, PA

08/07/10 - Case touched

08/10/10 - Case touched

09/10/10 - Interview completed and recommended for approval

09/17/10 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sep 29!.

09/29/10 - Oath completed. US citizen as of today. Journey complete!.

I think we already answered. Like I said, it doesn't look like they update it after it gets to Testing and Interview. I have seen many people in this forum and others, where it seems to be stuck in Testing and Interview even after oath is scheduled and completed. I have been scheduled for oath next week and my status still shows Testing and Interview.

vijay,

you are correct. When i check the uscis site and enter my case number it says that it is in the process of testing an interview. When you create an account using a log in and your own password, most of the time whenever there is a change or an update in your case, it says "Last updated" and a date when your case was (somehow) updated. what i was wondering is if the page gets updated once they send the n445....

am i making sense?

vijay,

you are correct. When i check the uscis site and enter my case number it says that it is in the process of testing an interview. When you create an account using a log in and your own password, most of the time whenever there is a change or an update in your case, it says "Last updated" and a date when your case was (somehow) updated. what i was wondering is if the page gets updated once they send the n445....

am i making sense?

In my case (and I believe to most if not all N-400 applicants who had their interviews as well), the online case status is still stuck in "Testing and Interview" and no changes in LUD's either.

Edited by ~krakatoa~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Same with me too. The LUD is still the same when my interview was scheduled and no changes ever since.

vijay,

am i making sense?

05/06/09 - Mailed I-751

05/15/09 - Check cashed by VSC

05/18/09 - Received I-751 Receipt Notice

05/30/09 - Received Biometric appointment for 06/08 (dated 05/22)

06/08/09 - Completed biometrics. Still unable to access case status online. Now the real wait begins!

06/09/09 - Finally case status showed up online!. Touched today

09/21/09 - Approved (Letter from USCIS Vermont, dated 09/16/09)

09/23/09 - Card production ordered

09/30/09 - Card received!. USCIS done until citizenship!

05/21/10 - Mailed N-400

05/24/10 - N-400 received at Dallas, TX Lockbox

06/01/10 - Check cashed

06/04/10 - Received N-400 receipt notice (NOA dated 05/27)

06/29/10 - Placed service request for not receiving biometrics. Transferred to immigration officer, who confirmed that the Biometrics

letter has been generated and I would be receiving it shortly.

07/01/10 - Email and SMS case update stating that the Biometrics letter has been sent on June 29'th 2010.

07/06/10 - Received Biometric appointment for 07/23 (dated 06/30)- DONE

08/02/10 - Received yellow letter reminding me to bring my state ID (dated 07/28)

08/05/10 - Case touched. Email and SMS case update stating that the case has been transferred to the local office for interview.

08/06/10 - Case touched

08/06/10 - Received interview appointment for 09/10 at 9:20AM in Philadelphia, PA

08/07/10 - Case touched

08/10/10 - Case touched

09/10/10 - Interview completed and recommended for approval

09/17/10 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sep 29!.

09/29/10 - Oath completed. US citizen as of today. Journey complete!.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here is an exact copy of my wifes' current status from that USCIS progress site listed taken less than a minute ago.

"Initial Review On March 31, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators."

So according to this, we should still be waiting for anything. She already has been a US citizen for over two years now.

Our main source of legal proof that we did indeed send in an application, all applications, was having our personal check cashed, cashed by the USCIS. Copying that thing above is no form of proof.

Suggest you get off that site and camp out at your mailbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.