Henykat

Standard or Application Processing

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe nobody is answering because they don't understand what you mean by Standard and Application Post processing.

Could be wrong about the "post" part, but I understand Application processing is when most documents are sent directly to the NVC and Standard processing is when most documentation is received by the consulate and the NVC simply handles the fees.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If memory serves me correctly, Homeland security processes the petition for a fiance visa, and charges a fee. If it is approved, it is forwarded to NVC (without any fee), but the case usually sits at NVC for only a few days unless they find some problem or suspicion about which they want to do further research. Then they will forward your case to the consulate in the country in which your fiancee lives, and another fee will be charged for the interview as well as for a medical exam that must be done prior to the interview. Does that answer your question?

Could be wrong about the "post" part, but I understand Application processing is when most documents are sent directly to the NVC and Standard processing is when most documentation is received by the consulate and the NVC simply handles the fees.

Timeline

If memory serves me correctly, Homeland security processes the petition for a fiance visa, and charges a fee. If it is approved, it is forwarded to NVC (without any fee), but the case usually sits at NVC for only a few days unless they find some problem or suspicion about which they want to do further research. Then they will forward your case to the consulate in the country in which your fiancee lives, and another fee will be charged for the interview as well as for a medical exam that must be done prior to the interview. Does that answer your question?

Not really. There are two different ways documentation is processed. Application processing requires most documents to be sent to the NVC and Standard processing is handled primarily at the consulate level:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Timeline

I was referring to a K-1 visa. Are you getting a different kind of visa? If yes, you should specify. In your link, it shows that NVC receives documents from USCIS. You don't send anything yourself to NVC. NVC simply looks over what they get from USCIS, enters your info into the computer system and generates a case number for you. As your link says, this step usually flies by. There is nothing for you to do in the NVC step.

Timeline

I was referring to a K-1 visa. Are you getting a different kind of visa? If yes, you should specify. In your link, it shows that NVC receives documents from USCIS. You don't send anything yourself to NVC. NVC simply looks over what they get from USCIS, enters your info into the computer system and generates a case number for you. As your link says, this step usually flies by. There is nothing for you to do in the NVC step.

Not sure what you are reading:

"b. Send your IV Package (USPS Express mail gives tracking and essentially insures delivery)

Below are the package contents:

BARCODED Cover Sheet (to be printed from web when your status is PAID online for IV bill)

You OWN cover sheet listing what documents are in the package, so they're easy for the reviewer to locate

Completed DS-230 part I & II and ONLY part I signed by beneficiary.

Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page.

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate.

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate.

Original police certificates of the beneficiary.

Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable.

Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable.

Make 2 extra copies of this package. Send 1 copy to the beneficiary

Once everything has been sent in, it's time to wait.

Send the package to:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914"

The visa I am trying to get is clearly displayed underneath my username on my post, just like most people that are members of this site. Thanks for the help.

Timeline

Sorry. I have no experience with the type of visa you are trying to receive.

Not sure what you are reading:

"b. Send your IV Package (USPS Express mail gives tracking and essentially insures delivery)

Below are the package contents:

BARCODED Cover Sheet (to be printed from web when your status is PAID online for IV bill)

You OWN cover sheet listing what documents are in the package, so they're easy for the reviewer to locate

Completed DS-230 part I & II and ONLY part I signed by beneficiary.

Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page.

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate.

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate.

Original police certificates of the beneficiary.

Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable.

Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable.

Make 2 extra copies of this package. Send 1 copy to the beneficiary

Once everything has been sent in, it's time to wait.

Send the package to:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914"

The visa I am trying to get is clearly displayed underneath my username on my post, just like most people that are members of this site. Thanks for the help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.