Mary1979

Delay in I-485 receipt notice

2 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I have just called USCIS to ask about my I-485 package sent in August, it was received the 23rd.

So far, I have not received any receipt number, neither for me nor for my husband (we filed together). The checks have not been cashed yet, either.

When I spoke with USCIS representative, she said we are not in the system!! so she was not able to tell me wether the paperwork got lost or what, and just told me to wait.... keep waiting... now I am getting really worried about what could happened with that application. The worst part is that in the case I keep waiting and they still not finding me in the system, there is nothing they can help me with... Should I re-apply?

Do you know something about similar waiting time (a month and nothing!)?? Could you please help me have an idea of how to proceed under this scenario?? Thanks a lot! I am totally lost right now!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Mary,

I am in the same situation. My attorney applied my case in the start of September but so far no receipt number and checks are not cashed yet.

As per USCIS if application is filled more then 30 days then they can help to figure out the status or can tell the receipt number.

I called USCIS and lady there asked me about the exact date when application was filled but honestly I don't know that. Now I have to get exact application filling date from lawyer.

Pls let me know if you received receipt number yet? or any progress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.