CanAmBride

K-1 Schedule October Interviews whil CR-1 Wait????

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We've been waiting since June 4 to have our CR-1 interview scheduled at the Montreal Consulate, and now I see that K-1s can schedule their own? Can someone please explain to me how/why this is happening????

I don't know if you noticed, but the person who started the K-1 thread returned her forms to the embassy in May...

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

There is no packet 4 for CR-1 visas. We receive notice of a "Case Complete" at the NVC, and then we wait, and wait, and wait until the NVC notifies us when our interview date is.

oh, okay - i didn't know that.

good luck getting anything out of the consulate..the only way i've gotten through to montreal (concerning our missing passport and visa) was ONCE with a senator..

Timeline

Ya, this is definitely frustrating for us CR-1 people. My case was completed on May 26 and I missed out on an October interview. The Montreal Consulate seems to be making about a 7 day dent into the CR 1 cases each month lately.

Do the k-1 people have to receive a packet 4 before they can schedule the interview?

Ya, this is definitely frustrating for us CR-1 people. My case was completed on May 26 and I missed out on an October interview. The Montreal Consulate seems to be making about a 7 day dent into the CR 1 cases each month lately.

Do the k-1 people have to receive a packet 4 before they can schedule the interview?

i think as long as you know that the P4 has been mailed out to you, you are able to. I got mine yesterday and it did mention priority dates, perhaps this is how they differentiate as to who was sent a P4 and who wasn't.

Oh come on, K-1's who initially applied in April already have October dates? Where is this process fair and what makes a fiance visa any more important or urgent than a marriage visa?

i've learned - absolutely nothing in this system is fair. not a damn thing.

i know i'm a k1 and all, i really feel for you guys. i think all anger should be directed towards the montreal consulate. they need to get their s*** together.

Oh come on, K-1's who initially applied in April already have October dates? Where is this process fair and what makes a fiance visa any more important or urgent than a marriage visa?

What makes an engagement any less important??

I can only speak for myself here, but we had thought of getting married beforehand and proceeding with a CR1 but this was the better route for us....

I don't think it's fair to say what's more important here, we are all going through a VISA process...... :)

Timeline

Te arguement over why the k1 is faster than a cr-1 is older than VJ,lol Does it truly make a lot of sense probably not!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

The question is who do we scr$$m at. This is not fair in the least, and NVC does the " we don't know, we schedule interviews in the ordered receive them" !

Any ideas out there??? :bonk::angry:

Timeline

I do not consider engagements any less important - my frustration is directed toward the way this system is set up, NOT at the K-1's on here. You guys are the lucky ones as far as a quicker process.

We thought of going K-1, but my husband's kids live in Victoria and he picks them up every two weeks for a 2 day visit. With the K-1 he couldn't have seen them for maybe 3 months until AP was approved. His ex would never have taken the time to bring them to him here. His daughter is disabled with a seizure disorder, so it's important that one of her parents be with her and it would have been difficult for me to pick them up on Friday's in Canada after work at the ferry and make the 8 hour round trip on Sunday's to take the kids home crossing the border and taking the ferry to the island and back.

We knew and understood the IR1/CR1 process would take a year to do and I have no problem with that but I just don't see why it's so much longer than the K-1 process - that's all.

Edited by kaya541

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.