bubbleout

Background Checks by USCIS

2 posts in this topic

Posted Today, 08:52 PM

I filed for a fiancee petition on Feb 16th, 2010. I received a receiving notice on Feb 20th,2010. Normal Processing time for these types of cases at CSC is about 5 months and mine is still in intial review. I am not sure what is going on. I contacted the NCSC and I got a response back stating background checks are not complete yet. I can see online that my case gets touch every week, but nothing is happening. Anyone have the same problem.

08/18/2010--Touch

08/26/2010--Touch

08/27/2010--Touch

09/01/2010--Touch

09/02/2010--Touch

09/08/2010--Touch

I guess they love my packet too much and keep looking at them and don't want to process it, once they process the case the packet will move to NVC...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Posted Today, 08:52 PM

I filed for a fiancee petition on Feb 16th, 2010. I received a receiving notice on Feb 20th,2010. Normal Processing time for these types of cases at CSC is about 5 months and mine is still in intial review. I am not sure what is going on. I contacted the NCSC and I got a response back stating background checks are not complete yet. I can see online that my case gets touch every week, but nothing is happening. Anyone have the same problem.

08/18/2010--Touch

08/26/2010--Touch

08/27/2010--Touch

09/01/2010--Touch

09/02/2010--Touch

09/08/2010--Touch

I guess they love my packet too much and keep looking at them and don't want to process it, once they process the case the packet will move to NVC...

Well, there's a lot of recent action at least. I wouldn't be surprised if you got some information soon. Mostly this is the part where some people have weird long processes for some reason, and any attempt to explain why will mostly be an exercise in grasping at straws. Best we can do is assure you that you are not alone; this happens for many, and you'll hopefully see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

I do think it's been a long time, but people are obviously dealing with your case a bit right now. So hang in and keep waiting. I know how hard it is. I would say that if after one more month there is no word, you can start banging pots. People here will help you do that. For now, try to regain perspective and not panic.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.