Dr. A ♥ O

MENA Daily Chat 1.0

440 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok...wow...i'm a little behind...tried to catch up on reading everything, but my head started spinning...lol

So I guess I will just say HI to everyone. Hope everything is going good out there in MENA land. Welcome to lovely October :)

Noticed most of the ppl on here r past the "trying to get to the US" part...and now just tryin to stay...lol

We are in the "NOID" part....so hoping to get it all together & sent in this next week. :wacko:

Monica :)

Happy October to you as well Monica & TGIF! I'm guessing NOID means Notice of Intent to Deny? This is the first time I've heard that expression on here.

The new job is going well. I have to work long hours this weekend as part of my training but also I'll be the only editor covering the weekend shift.

I also over heard the assignment desk talking with the senior editor, which was intentionally within my ear shot, that when one of our editors gets back from vacation we're going to go over the holiday schedule and who gets what. Since I'm the new person it looks like I'll be working all the holidays coming up. Joy. :( It's dh's first holiday season in the US & I'm going to miss it. Which sucks since the news is always going and I'm the new person who gets dumped on. So that got me thinking about a change in plans.

Last night I talked to dh about his trip to Baltimore. It seems his sister missed the matching and placing for September. I guess there are other times to go for matching and placing after the primary time but it's not as likely to get a position but at least they are having some contacts in that region. Also the tumor behind her ear has come back benign results, which we are all relieved about, and she will have to have an operation to remove it. Thank you to all the believers that sent up prayers for her. The operation is waiting to be scheduled. We're also waiting to hear back if the University in Egypt will extend her scholarship for her fellowship for another year at Johns Hopkins or if she has to finish up her PhD work and go back with her family to Egypt this December.

Knowing what I know now about my upcoming schedule and November being a sweeps month I told my husband last night to ask them if it is possible for him to get an observer-ship while he is there and what he has to do to apply. I told him I'm going to be working and most likely missing the holidays and since he's not having luck at our hospitals here since they're not learning hospitals and we don't have a medical school in Idaho he should take some advantage of his connections with his family in the medical field in Baltimore. He has a better chance there. I even suggested that if his family had to go back to Egypt in December and if he was able to get something at the hospital that he spend his remaining time there with them. It's only a $20 fee to adjust his open ticket anyways. The benefits are that he could have some experience in the medical field there and be with his sister and her family if she has to have the operation soon. I told him if he got this opportunity he may be able to come back here and have a better chance getting into something with some experience already. Plus his family can help him better with his USMLE steps than what he is getting here studying on his own. He's already taken some chapter practice tests and the results are worrisome for him with the time limit they require and the way they ask the questions. With the time limit they give he said he did worse than on the practice chapter tests he was taking his time with. I suggested his family could help him better with that since his sister has passed them all and is a licensed MD here now. I feel much better about him going and staying with them now then his idea of visiting them first. We've had some time to adjust here together to married life and now he has his green card. I have to stay behind and work and it will be stressful and busy anyways. It seems for the success of both our futures and the timing seems right. He took the news very serious and very heavy but I think it will be a relief to him being around his family and getting some help from them and hopefully better results on the practice chapter tests so he's feeling some achievement with his USMLE steps, and some progress with an observer-ship at a learning hospital there.

pumpkins.jpg

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Good afternoon MENA!!!! :star: I pray everyones' day is going ok :thumbs: Hey everyone!!!! Aya I forgot to tell you thank you for yesterday.. I pray everything is going well with you and your process :thumbs: Olivia :star: sorry about having to work the holidays :crying: habibi has to do that too :crying: it's going to be ok though.. also i am thrilled about your sister not having any cancer... Praise God!!!! :thumbs::dance: about the haunted house, i don't know about that one :unsure: ... i mean we want to move for other reasons than that, but i want to because of that and so does habibi :crying: we would have to tell the new owners about that... oh my, i don't want to think about that right now.. just be prayerful if you go, ok? Everyone have a great Friday!!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone. Have a great Friday and weekend as well.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Timeline

Still morning here! Good morning and happy Friday to everyone!

Carrot cake is in the oven. Aroma is awesome!

Love the pumpkins Olivia! No way shape or form would you find me in that house Olivia. I DO NOT like Halloween. Had a

terrible experience with a haunting and it is not my cup of tea!!

Hi Sandy! How is everything going?

Morning Jenell and Monica!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Hey Mena Peeps! Happy Friday! I cant believe its October 1st! This year is flying by! Hope everyone is having a great day. Adam and I are off Friday-Sunday... then after that he will start working 12 hour days at work and one of his days off. Lots of over time coming soon! We just found out that our paper work for the house was signed off and sent to the title company, so tomorrow morning we will be having a home inspection! Im so excited about this house and keep thinking about when we get it all the different colors we will be picking to paint all the rooms. I like bright, so it will be a very colorful house!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Good afternoon MENA!!!! :star: I pray everyones' day is going ok :thumbs: Hey everyone!!!! Aya I forgot to tell you thank you for yesterday.. I pray everything is going well with you and your process :thumbs: Olivia :star: sorry about having to work the holidays :crying: habibi has to do that too :crying: it's going to be ok though.. also i am thrilled about your sister not having any cancer... Praise God!!!! :thumbs::dance: about the haunted house, i don't know about that one :unsure: ... i mean we want to move for other reasons than that, but i want to because of that and so does habibi :crying: we would have to tell the new owners about that... oh my, i don't want to think about that right now.. just be prayerful if you go, ok? Everyone have a great Friday!!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Thanks. Not looking forward to working the holidays or house sitting the haunted house again but I am looking forward to the $! good.gif

Good afternoon everyone. Have a great Friday and weekend as well.

Good afternoon & happy Friday!

Love the pumpkins Olivia! No way shape or form would you find me in that house Olivia. I DO NOT like Halloween. Had a

Mmm! Carrot cake must smell divine right now. I'm cooking lunch right now too so the kitchen is smelling good. I saw acron squash on sale at the store so I'm thinking of making a delicious recipe with that. I just love the pumpkins and squashes this season too! I am curious about your haunting experience though.

Hey Mena Peeps! Happy Friday! I cant believe its October 1st! This year is flying by! Hope everyone is having a great day. Adam and I are off Friday-Sunday... then after that he will start working 12 hour days at work and one of his days off. Lots of over time coming soon! We just found out that our paper work for the house was signed off and sent to the title company, so tomorrow morning we will be having a home inspection! Im so excited about this house and keep thinking about when we get it all the different colors we will be picking to paint all the rooms. I like bright, so it will be a very colorful house!

Congrats! Sounds like things are progressing well for you. My colors have changed as well. Now I'm into reds and yellows, especially yellows. I've always been impressed when I go to a house with bright colors. I really like the style of the latin american houses with their array of color choices for their walls with the reds, yellows, greens and blues and their latin american art. I always wanted to be brave and decorate a house like that with bright colored walls.

maracas1.jpg

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey woman!

Everything is good. I just mailed off our I-751 packet today so we will see what happens. :D

How you doing? As Joey would say. lol

Woooo Hooooo Tam~~~~~~~

I have everything crossed for you (L)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah...the NOID is the notice of intent to deny :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Timeline

I'm really confused. You've never been to Egypt? Where did you marry your husband?

Im not married yet. Im engaged. I just call him my hubby because we might as well be really. LOL sorry for the confusion. Hello all Happy October. I may be moving soon. Inshaallah. Duas for me please that I get this place bc then I will be close enough to see my sons whenever I want too. And also I have a friend who is studying up on Islam and with me being a newbie at this anyway I figured I would come here for this question. Okay, here it goes, she wants a true translation of the bible where it speaks of Mohammed. Im looking but if anyone else can help me that would be wonderful. I dont want to lead her down the wrong path and Taha isn't answering which means he is sleeping. Anyway, thanks so much Guys and Dolls. Hugs and Kisses to the Ladys and Waves to the guys. LOL

Liz

Timeline

Im not married yet. Im engaged. I just call him my hubby because we might as well be really. LOL sorry for the confusion.

Liz, you need to change your timeline to a K-1 from a CR1/IR1. It's very misleading to people. Have you filed anything?

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Good morning MENA!!! :thumbs: How is everyone doing? Hey Jeanne and BBA :star: we are still waiting for habibi to be approved on his ROC :unsure: they last touched it on 07/10/10(bummer).. i want it approved now so i can see that radiant smile i used to see coming from my husband.. i can tell that it's fake and that he's hurting about it :crying: we want to get on with our lives and this puts everything on hold.. he had job prospects but can't do anything until this is out of the way.. we want him to file for citizenship next year so he can get a federal job and maybe work in the same building with me.. my daughter said that she didn't get the job and said that when she called the lady was rude to her and said if we were going to hire you we would the same day, now bye!!! Brianna said that she was interviewed twice and that the other lady said they would call this week... how horrible to talk to someone that way.. i want to find that lady and talk to her, not the way that she talked to my baby but to let her know how she made her feel... it's been 2 years of trying to find work for her.. i will help her all i can, even maybe create a business for her.. just have to watch out about those business taxes :wacko: .. isn't there a way to be a business without paying taxes and monthly reporting and all of that... someone please help my child.. she's a beautiful girl and very good artistic ability.. she wants to work for Disney, but couldn't get up enough money to go to the Art Institute in Atlanta or Full Sail.. they are EXPENSIVE.. i really don't want her to take out a student loan.. i've been there and done that.. not a good idea.. and we make too much for her to get a pell grant.. although i don't see any of the money before it hits the bank.. and who is this Uncle Sam man anyway, robbing people :bonk: oh well, i'm rambling again :bonk::ot2: .. everyone have a great Caturday (meow) :thumbs::dance::thumbs::star:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

Hi Ladies! Good morning! The home inspection on the house we want to buy went really good! A couple of things that are minor the seller will be asked to fixed, then we can proceed for the loan! Adam is about to start working 12 hours a day soon and today and tomorrow is our only days off together for awhile. We are going to spend today with my grandparents, going to Frys electronics store which is Adams and my grandfathers favorite place outside of fishing. Then out to eat with them and visit a few relatives around town. Hope everyone has a great day!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.