elmcitymaven

Getting MPs involved in the process

156 posts in this topic

In the interests of not derailing the Interview thread, I thought we should start a new thread on whether or not getting MPs involved in one's US visa case (I KNOW, I KNOW :rolleyes:) has actually EVER been proven to hurry things along. I think received wisdom is that they can do nothing, though I'd love to be proved wrong.

:)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

As you say, we shall see. Bear in mind, however, that it probably helps to know them a bit before calling in any favours. ;)

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

I should have known you were in with your Tory MP, old chap. No surprises there. But I still think that the likelihood of something happening because your MP's junior assistant made a call to the Extortion Line is unlikely to move anything along.

Edited by elmcitymaven

Timeline

Now Maven love, that's nice at all. Do have a drink, you'll feel better. :thumbs:

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Now Maven love, that's nice at all. Do have a drink, you'll feel better. :thumbs:

I assume you mean that's NOT nice at all. It's only 3.24pm here -- I try not to drink before sundown, no matter who's buying. And if it makes me feel as "good" as you do, I think I'll abstain on this occasion. ;)

Timeline

I'm sure Julian knows what he's doing. :star: If it doesn't work, what harm has been done?

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

But Melissa, I DON'T think he knows what he's doing. He's obviously trying to impress us all with who he knows, and failing.

Timeline

Maven dear,, were I trying to impress then would have potsed about how The Hon Mr. Field would most assuredly remember me, and by my Christian name at that. As I said, we shall see, and then I will accept your gracious acceptance of the facts presenetd

Gods and the saints preserve us, I do believe someone might be a leeeeeeetle drunky tonight. And somewhat condescending to boot. I am certainly not your "dear".

I'm sure Julian knows what he's doing. :star: If it doesn't work, what harm has been done?

The harm is that he may end up getting his interview date pushed back. I can tell you from personal experience that this isn't a good idea. Both the US and the UK are very territorial on issues like this, and knowing people on his end of things isn't going to make anyone in the embassy work faster. Actually, they will likely take offense and put your file at the bottom of the pile.

Of course, if you get an interview date soon, I'm sure he'll take the credit when it's actually right on time.

Edited by marlea

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I assume you mean that's NOT nice at all. It's only 3.24pm here -- I try not to drink before sundown, no matter who's buying. And if it makes me feel as "good" as you do, I think I'll abstain on this occasion. ;)

Just remember, it may only have been 3:24pm where you were, but somewhere on this planet it was sundown ;)

Mind you ,that philosophy works better with After Eights.

after8.jpg

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Still nothing. :( Julian has contacted his MP so I really hope that does something to shake a date loose. It's been nearly 5 months (!!!) since we filed, and over a year since we tried to file the first time. I just want us to get on with our lives over here, and Julian can't wait to finally come home to me.

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

In that time I had just gotten my NOA2, and same for many others. It might seem like you've been waiting forever but you've had quite a smooth and fast process. You'll get your date soon. How long have you been waiting for that? I do remember mine took 5 weeks to even be registered in their system.

Timeline

I know it took longer in the past, but I look at some of the current K1 timelines and I can't help but feel jealous. Dodi will be done with all of it in under 3 and a half months! I guess some of it has to do with the RFE we got but I am just so tired of waiting all the time.

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Dodi and I also went through Vermont, which was working faster than California. You are right at the same point I was when we got our interview date. You can't look at the whole process and compare them as there are so many steps, and so many places along the way that delays can happen. Right now, you are at about 3 weeks since you sent off you're P3. EVERYONE who has recently sent off their P3 and posted here has waited about 3-4 weeks to get their interview date. Calling the MP will do nothing, I guarantee, no matter how well-connected Julian may think he is. And I am speaking from the position of someone who knows a current Ambassador for the US, and who has used these connections when it was warranted. You will likely hear something soon, if Julian's call hasn't ruffled feathers at the embassy and made them mad, which is VERY possible. If you end up waiting too much longer, you can thank your fiance for causing the delay.

Edited by marlea

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.