Together4ever

Almost Friday... but still Thursday

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well, I am just waking up after a decent nite's sleep. ALHAMDOULILLAH!!! I broke down and took an ambien last nite a little after 9 and was well asleep b4 10pm. So nice to actually sleep through the night, even tho is was chemically induced :blush: I have a slow day at work, so I'm going to have lunch w/ my aunt today - she's been wanting to take me to lunch for weeks! wheeee - this will be nice, I love my auntie. Otherwise, gonna catch up on more paperwork while I have some time. Hope you all have a nice day and we hear some good news!

*hugs everyone*

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a pretty full day today. Right after work, Wadi and I are going to sign the lease for our new apartment. Then we're driving up to have dinner with my mom, step-dad and little sister. I'm so excited because we're going to one of my favorite restaurants called "The Rockmore". You have to take a boat out to it and the restaurant floats in Salem Harbor. I think Wadi will really enjoy it too. The only problem is that there's no smoking at the restaurant, so Wadi will have to last for a couple of hours without a cigarette! :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hmmmmm, I really don't know what's the plan for today. I want to go to Old Navy and get a new pair of jeans. All my other jeans fall off! :dance: I want to get a couple pair of jeans for Khallid too. Depending on if we can agree on a wedding date, we might go apply for the marriage license today. I am having this battle with my parents regarding the wedding date. Every time I tell them a possible date, they say they might not be here. :huh: So................now I don't care, we're getting married with or without them here. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amr and I are off to the doctor again today. I've been feeling a bit strange the last 2 days. Maybe it's the fact that I look like Shamu, who knows. There has been a football game going on in my belly the last day non-stop so I haven't been able to sleep. Only a few more weeks! Maybe today we'll find out if we will have another little boy or if we're having a little girl.

Filed: Timeline

Well I'm having a lovely morning :whistle:

I spent the first 1.5 hrs of my waking time today bitchin' a fit to my husband about USCIS, NVC, the visa process in general, the US gov't, etc. Why? Because it seems everyone and their brother is getting approved for their K3 except us :angry: Ppl who sent in their I129Fs the same friggin time as me regarding the same friggin country and I'm still waiting!! What happens when you call USCIS to ask ####### is going on? They act like they're reading off a teleprompter and say...well if it hasn't been 180 days yet nothing we can do for you...it's within normal processing times call back when the 180 days are up..yeah whateverrrrr biaaatch I'll call you whenever the mood strikes me..deal with it!!! I hope you have a nice evening when you go home to your husband..mine's stuck in Egypt! :angry: There's no rhyme or reason to this damn visa process and it's making me CRAZY!!!!!! Then I call to bitchh about it to my husband last night and his phone is off!!! So I immediately head to the nearest party store to buy a pack of smokes even though I'm trying to quit :angry: I should call USCIS and tell them they owe me a carton of cigarettes for my troubles! ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hope everyone's having a lovely, rip roarin' Thursday! :D:dance::luv: ....... :crying:

Edited by Mrs. Z

Seems like USCIS offices have had a "change in procedure". I'll have to ask my aunt about it. What aggravates me is this... we pay a fee for this. In my opinion, its a pretty fat fee. If I'm not mistaken, in this country you receive a service for payment. That USED TO mean someone treated you with empathy and respect and provided you with assistance in a satisfactory manner when you needed it. Yeah I know, I'm sooooooooooooooooo dreadfully old fashioned. It seems the mentality is "you paid, now shut up." I guess ethically-speaking I feel this process should come with more service then having a visa at the end. This is DAMN HARD on people and I think the government should be exemplary of ethics and good business practices. Yeah I know... what planet did I come from??? Pffffffft.

Yeah so far I've paid $360 the least they can do is give me a little..I'm sorry we're so friggin slow and we don't have any real order to what we're doing. All I want is a little sympathy for God's sake!

Forgive me today I'm all hopped up on coffee and diet Pepsi...I'd say about 36 oz of coffee and 12 oz of diet Pepsi plus 7 cigarettes so far this morning and I've only been awake for 4 hrs now.

God help me.

Wait... wait... I found a happy thought! (F):D

Yeah so far I've paid $360 the least they can do is give me a little..I'm sorry we're so friggin slow and we don't have any real order to what we're doing. All I want is a little sympathy for God's sake!

Forgive me today I'm all hopped up on coffee and diet Pepsi...I'd say about 36 oz of coffee and 12 oz of diet Pepsi plus 7 cigarettes so far this morning and I've only been awake for 4 hrs now.

God help me.

Awww darlin... don't self destruct. This coming from me??? Hahahah... *explodes*. I know how you feel, but don't make yourself sick. Things *will* move eventually. At least that's what everyone keeps telling me. Vent all you need. Toss me a message if you need to and I'll catch it on my lunch.

What, what?...tell me I must know your happy thought..plz plz I must know!!! *jumping up and down with a crazed look on my face*

*edit* ok all this caffeine and nicotine mixed with anti anxiety/anti depressant medication (thanks USCIS!) has made me hyper and didn't notice that you added your happy thought at the end of your post.

BAMMMM!!!! I just self destructed :wacko::blink:

Edited by Mrs. Z

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have a pretty full day today. Right after work, Wadi and I are going to sign the lease for our new apartment. Then we're driving up to have dinner with my mom, step-dad and little sister. I'm so excited because we're going to one of my favorite restaurants called "The Rockmore". You have to take a boat out to it and the restaurant floats in Salem Harbor. I think Wadi will really enjoy it too. The only problem is that there's no smoking at the restaurant, so Wadi will have to last for a couple of hours without a cigarette! :rolleyes:

Hey I live right next to Salem and I've never heard of that restaurant! What type of food do they have?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

What, what?...tell me I must know your happy thought..plz plz I must know!!! *jumping up and down with a crazed look on my face*

*edit* ok all this caffeine and nicotine mixed with anti anxiety/anti depressant medication (thanks USCIS!) has made me hyper and didn't notice that you added your happy thought at the end of your post.

BAMMMM!!!! I just self destructed :wacko::blink:

Reminds me of that Paul Simon lyric "believing I had supernatural powers I slammed into a brick wall." From Graceland I believe. I still dig that album.

Happy thought? I lied. Yep. Busted. Just tired of whining and feeling so defeated so I thought I'd attempt to say that and perk myself up. Lasted about as long as an icecube on a frying pan.

OH! OH! I found another happy thought! I (L) thai food! *burp*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey I live right next to Salem and I've never heard of that restaurant! What type of food do they have?

They serve mostly seafood - fried! Yum!

It used to be a part of The Rockmore Drydock at Pickering Wharf, but now that's changed into something else. They only do the floating restaurant now. You can catch a launch from Pickering Wharf or from Village Street in Marblehead. Good times!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They serve mostly seafood - fried! Yum!

It used to be a part of The Rockmore Drydock at Pickering Wharf, but now that's changed into something else. They only do the floating restaurant now. You can catch a launch from Pickering Wharf or from Village Street in Marblehead. Good times!

Oh I'll have to wait till I'm off southbeach if it's just fried. I've only eaten at Victoria Station there and then gone to the place that sold the cheesecakes but now you can buy those anywhere so I never go near Pickering Warf. It sure isn't what it used to be!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just got back from my eye appointment. Weee, new glasses after 3 years without insurance :dance:

Howeva, I can't see worth beans because of the drops they put in my eyes. Hmm, that's going to work really well, since I the computer screen is fuzzy and I can't see the papers I'm suppose to be shuffling.

The new glasses are really sweet though. they're purple and orange, and most of my wardrobe includes pieces that are purple/pink or orange, so I think they'll look really cute. They went really well with my favorite orange scarf that I'm wearing today. Huzzah!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.