garfield529

You know you've married a Chinese when.....

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when she opens up her own bank acount,when your not allowed to have any money at all,not allowed to see family/friends because shes #1 now fights at drop of a hat,starts taking trips home 2 or more times a yr, tells you to move into the spare room becaues you snore (didnt bother her when you were in china with her)joins 001 chinese women chat or 007 were they help her plan everyting out,keeps everything a secret ,chats on line/ phone with male friends (look out for the green hat)its coming,when u stop being her husband, just the guy keeping her and paying for everything, and yes iam still married to my chinese wife why because everything i owned is in her name now,been married 4years the last 3.5 has been hell you guys think having a chinese wife is good luck and she loves you , dont lose your job or have money problems you`ll see how fast that love packs up and leaves...iam gone crazy living the happy chinese husband i have a great sence of humor that how i lasted this long can only laff at this , so now you know when you marryed a chinese woman

I do not think that is typical for a chinese wife. Sounds like you married a bad one and you're very bitter. I'll bet you had many red flags that you ignored before the marriage too. I'm sorry for your problems, but generalizing them to all chinese with such negativity doesn't seem to fit what the topic was intended for.

I can't wait for my fiancee to come here so I can share her asian ways. She's not chinese, but filipino. I almost bought the super size soy sauce last week in antisipation. I think I might learn to like eating the rice too.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

bags of dried red peppers and bottles of brown rice vinegar, tubs of dried mushrooms, dried kelp, and not much meat, to speak of.

20 lbs. of rice, quarts of soy sauce, and what is mentioned in the post..it is a wonderful life!

Time goes by..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You start to feel naked without wearing slippers in the house. You start squatting rather than sitting on the floor. You begin to start speaking Chinglish (especially when buying food). Just stop me if I start to pull my shirt halfway up resting on my beer belly when I walk around in the summer.

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You forgot that in addition to the slippers you are wet all the time from teh numerous showers taken every day.

I DO get the joke, but I'm for renaming this thread, "You know you're +++++ whipped when....

We're packing for a trip to China departing next week. My Chinese wife insists we take with us the following, at minimum.

Brownie Mix

Montreal Steak Seasoning

Pistacios

Cashews

Jack Daniels BBQ sause

Chocolate Chips

Baking Powder

Crest Toothpaste for the family

Spices to make spaghetti sauce

PUR water filter for brother's kitchen

My wife loves steak, (best when I grill it) hamburgers, (bacon cheese burgers from Five Guys or In N Out) spaghetti, pizza, fajitas and most mexican food and pretty much anything Americans eat. She never once considered mopping the carpets. We usually buy no more than 10 pounds of rice at a time and she refrains from cooking the "stink food" when I'm in the house. We eat excellent Chinese food by her hand about 40 to 50% of the time for supper but less often for lunch. She loves the beach enough to endure a bit of a suntan and doesn't carry an umbrella when walking the dog on a sunny day.

Her adjustment to Western life was pretty fast. Now that we've paid off the bills from she and her daughter immigrating, we eat steak more often but otherwise, nothing much has changed since the first three or four months in the USA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We are packing for a Chinese New Year trip also. Had to weigh the suitcase with the cashews, chocolate, and hand warmers (gifts for relatives). Airlines allow 50 lbs per bag so we had to weigh one bag, we had to move a few items to get down to 49.5 lbs. And yes, 25 lbs of rice, gallon containers of soy, HOT peppers...

The ultimate for my education was this: I cooked shrimp for her, and we were using Tobasco sauce to dip. She took the ground cayanne pepper and spiked the Tobasco, took a taste, added more, taste, finally added cayanne until it was a paste. Ate it, but said it was not hot enough. So the next market trip, we found something she liked. Seems like you can add the new sauce to frozen shrimp and cook them without the stove!!!

Timeline

Question for all you knowledgable people. When my Fiancee gets here, Are there any American foods that she may possibly like? I have been fortunate the last 30 years and have been able to eat out almost every meal. I have been a bachelor and have felt no need to cook at home, So what besides rice might she like in America.Any restaurants the Chinese really seem to like. I know that over time we will find things she likes. I just don't want her to starve to death while we search.I am going to have my 78 year old mother help teach her how to use the stove, I know how to use the microwave and toaster ovens, My Fiancee doesn't seem to appreciate a refrigerator or freezer. She says they buy everything fresh daily and cook it at home.i on the other hand shop weekly and buy mainly frozen and prepackaged foods or eat out.

Timeline

Well, everybody is different. My wife is pretty easy to please when I cook at home, but she's picky in restaurants sometimes. She especially likes steak, and (this was a surprise) fetuccini alfredo with chicken or shrimp.

She came over here with a "dislike" for anything to do with cheese, but thus far, she also really claims to love my homemade pizza. I've had the cheese in China, and it is abysmal, so that may have something to do with it.

Timeline

Question for all you knowledgable people. When my Fiancee gets here, Are there any American foods that she may possibly like? I have been fortunate the last 30 years and have been able to eat out almost every meal. I have been a bachelor and have felt no need to cook at home, So what besides rice might she like in America.Any restaurants the Chinese really seem to like. I know that over time we will find things she likes. I just don't want her to starve to death while we search.I am going to have my 78 year old mother help teach her how to use the stove, I know how to use the microwave and toaster ovens, My Fiancee doesn't seem to appreciate a refrigerator or freezer. She says they buy everything fresh daily and cook it at home.i on the other hand shop weekly and buy mainly frozen and prepackaged foods or eat out.

well, unless she got a driver license now, she have to get use to the refrigerator and freezer. i have couple friends from china never like the fresh salad, so maybe easier start with some that's cooked. like pizza, pasta... lucky my fiancee work for goldlion for years, so they go out to all kind restaurants. she can handle any food. we both love sushi, too bad the mid west dont have fresh seafood...

Edited by LGC

K1 Journey

06-29-2010: Sent I-129F

06-30-2010: CSC receives package

07-07-2010: CSC NOA1 Dated.

07-08-2010: CSC Check cashed.

07-12-2010: Received Hard Copy of NOA1.

10-27-2010: Touched.(I hope it means they work on my case.)

11-16-2010: Touched.(Come on NOA2, Day 132, still waitting)

11-16-2010: NOA2 Dated.

11-22-2010: NVC DAted.

11-26-2010: NVC to Guang Zhou Consulate

12-17-2010: GZC issued the P3.

12-24-2010: GZC sent out the P3.

12-25-2010: We got the P3 from GZC.

12-25-2010: GZC Got the P3 from us.

01-28-2011: P4

02-11-2011: Medical.

02-14-2011: Paper Work intake and Fingers Print.

02-15-2011: Interview!!!

02-14-2011: US time, We got PINK, Best V-day gift ever.

03-02-2011: POE LAX.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I suspect you'll find the more important question to be, "How well will you adjust to your wife's cooking after your mother spends a few minutes teaching her how to use the stove?" good.gif That said, my wife took quite well to Mexican food, Pizza and medium rare steak but thought places like P. F. Chang used too much salt in the food. Adjustment takes time. You'll both be adjusting.

Since we're back in China again until early April, I'm adjusting to going out for noodles for breakfast again. What goes around, comes around.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to say but finding the food your wife likes will be a learning experience. :whistle: When my wife got here I took her to a nice Chinese restaurant thinking that would be a safe move but she did not like the food. As you will see, the Chinese restaurants that are near Chinese Markets serve the food that your wife is accustomed to. I found my that my wife loves ribs, especially from Road House, but her friend from her home town does not which surprised my wife.

It will take time for her to adjust to the food here!

Edited by dan_ling

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Timeline

Thanks for all the replies,but basically what I see is what I already knew. Everyone is different, and it will just take time to learn what she likes and doesn't like. I just talked to someone about a rice cooker and a tea pot today, but I think I should wait until she gets here before I buy them. I should let her decide what works best for her.Yes, I will have to get used to eating what she likes to cook and I suppose I will have to learn to eat rice everyday. Currently I may eat rice once a month.I am from Northern Idaho, so we don't have a china town or fresh seafood, but our grocery stores do carry a selection of fresh seafood, but its not like Seattle, with seafood right of the Fishing Boat.I'm sure I can find something for her to eat. If she is too picky, I think her body will convince her after a few days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.