34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

You hit the nail on the head. I am underwhealmed with his follow through on the ideals espoused in his campaign. However, I think it's a bit premature to call his re-election dead in the water. There is still 18 months before any 2012 campaigning begins in earnest, and a lot can happen there. I think ultimately, it is going to come down to who the republicans nominate, and can they unite behind that candidate.

Somebody better tell Obama. :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

there's plenty it seems that are not pleased with his performance, and that's the far either side of the spectrum. hannah (a vj member) is royally peeved at him for not being liberal enough, if i recall correctly.

i suspect he'll be facing an uphill battle in 2012 due to a highly fractured left that is highly displeased with his performance.

IMO, many that voted for him on reason alone in 2008 will likely reason he's the lessor of two evils. Of course, from now and then lots can happen, and usually does... and first term presidents that really, really, really want to be reelected will do what they have to do to secure sufficient votes via the policies they push for. Lets see how it plays out from November of this year on out. The GOP may win a majority of the Legislative branch and that *may* end up being a blessing for Obama in 2012.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.