Ken y Leidys

Why does what I do makes some CRINGE & others SMILE?

19 posts in this topic

I don't think it's the Spanish, Amigo.

I like to work quietly and one of my co-workers is a den mother to a 17 year old cub scout.

She goes into the kitchen alcove to talk loudly to her son,

not thinking that it's an echo chamber RIGHT behind my desk.

I have been thinking of a creative way to tell her that I don't appreciate her talking loudly near my desk.

Recently I have been thinking of ringing my desk phone with my cell phone

and answering my desk phone as if having received some information from

a bogus caller with the words:

FUÇK! THAT'S GREAT NEWS!

CALL ME AGAIN IF YOU

HEAR ANYTHING MORE!

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Like the other person said - it's probably the loud thing. You're probably coming off as obnoxious because of your volume. Tone it down.

This is what we think of Americans in the UK. :lol:

Maybe it's the loud part and not the Spanish part ;)

DING DING DING

Loud people get dirty looks all the time.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Maybe it's the loud part and not the Spanish part ;)

;)

It doesn't bother me when people speak other languages in public. It does bother me when they speak loudly in any language -foreign or English - as that feels intrusive on my personal space, especially if I am somewhere that I can't avoid them or get out of the way :) . That may be why you are getting some of the scowls, at any rate.

Xenophobia is not in my vocabulary. I think its cool when I hear other languages... it reminds me Earth does not end at a US point of exit.

Ken lives in Riverside A.K.A. Vally of The Dirt....... things happen there that defy logic.

I'll be updating my Surf thread soon.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.