Ban Hammer

7 Millionaire Myths

83 posts in this topic

Hold on, I see what it is. A large number of the males on here are small business owners, so naturally you are all for tax breaks and pro small-business. I forget this sometime.

It's why you guys have argued before that it's right someone earning $150K, should pay the equivalent or more tax than a business bringing home $250K. Naturally you guys are against paying the people who work for you and probably do all of the work a legitimate wage. It's why I don't do small business, not that one could afford my pay scale. Fortune 20 for me..

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Why is paying people who work a legitimate wage, almost a crime for so many republicans and libertarians? Yet earning billions for doing absolutely FA and receiving dividends is legitimate income.

What's wrong with companies earning hundreds of billions, like crapmart from cheap foreign labor, at the very least being required to pay Americans a legitimate wage?

As someone who has worked hard, you still prefer the handful of families controlling the majority of America's wealth continue to amass and store it, than be paid a fair wage for a fair days work? Truly amazing. You guys would rather be ###### in the azz by the wealthy, than have a fellow American be paid a fair wage.

I looked at life and said to myself 'If you can't beat em join em'. I didn't complain about fat cat accountants - I became one.

moresheep400100.jpg

I looked at life and said to myself 'If you can't beat em join em'. I didn't complain about fat cat accountants - I became one.

Mate, I am starting to think you joined the mob and utilised some of those 'inside connections'. :lol:

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Hold on, I see what it is. A large number of the males on here are small business owners, so naturally you are all for tax breaks and pro small-business. I forget this sometime.

It's why you guys have argued before that it's right someone earning $150K, should pay the equivalent or more tax than a business bringing home $250K.

the moral of the story is - become a business bringing home $250K.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You are going all Slim on me, they are the exception rather than the norm. The norm is what most employers do.

I don't know what "most employers" do, I only know that *my* employers provided excellent benefits. (And no, not all of them were Wall Street types.)

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Mate, I am starting to think you joined the mob and utilised some of those 'inside connections'. :lol:

Nah - it's just that you need a lot of attitude and to drop the notion of 'fairness'. Until then you can't even get a toehold. I wangled myself a quiet place by marrying the bosses daughter. That stuff is necessary. It's not for the faint hearted this success stuff.

moresheep400100.jpg

the moral of the story is - become a business bringing home $250K.

I already earn good money and have adequate wealth in AUS. I am just baffled by the attitude over here towards the worker. First those on welfare are bludgers, now those working are simply bad with their money. Naturally has nothing to do with the shitty wage the average America receives, like $44k per household versus $53K USD per worker in AUS.

I don't know what "most employers" do, I only know that *my* employers provided excellent benefits. (And no, not all of them were Wall Street types.)

Provided 'you' with the benefits, someone with three degrees.

The average is the American household earning their $44K.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

True, but I bet $44k doesn't include the benefits.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

I already earn good money and have adequate wealth in AUS. I am just baffled by the attitude over here towards the worker. First those on welfare are bludgers, now those working are simply bad with their money. Naturally has nothing to do with the shitty wage the average America receives, like $44k per household versus $53K USD per worker in AUS.

I agree with you there. I used to work for a company out of Georgia (USA) and basically the owners were former slave owner families who used the workers black and white. They got 2 weeks holiday pa and low everything.

The owners and big investors got drunk with me and at 3am they were saying "The yankees didn't win the war coz it ain't over - they are up there in Detroit working 7 day shifts in the cold and dark for peanuts - working for us owners from the South"

These people are national figures you see on TV right now.

The US is a sweat shop and no way would I bring my family here. It suits me great because I am financially independant - but jeez I feel sad for the rest.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's why you guys have argued before that it's right someone earning $150K, should pay the equivalent or more tax than a business bringing home $250K. Naturally you guys are against paying the people who work for you and probably do all of the work a legitimate wage. It's why I don't do small business, not that one could afford my pay scale. Fortune 20 for me..

Not a small business owner here.

and I make way less than $250k

$75k plus benefits slinging subs.

I started at $23k as an #### man. 9 years ago

13 years ago I had nothing after my conviction and divorce

I used my earnings to survive and make smart buys own forclosed homes

networth is a nice 6 figure income and growing

I worked sacrificed and used discipline and had to do it and still do it while being persecuted for my conviction.

Those that say they can not do it can go cry in a hole.

As most Liberals (not saying you are) they want more for the little guy. But you fail to understand doing so they little guys will never have the chance to reach your level of success becasue everyone including the undeserving will have it.

Degrees in college does not mean you get paid for it ...soemone that goes to school for a degree only to be wealthy is a fool

True, but I bet $44k doesn't include the benefits.

:thumbs:

I agree with you there. I used to work for a company out of Georgia (USA) and basically the owners were former slave owner families who used the workers black and white. They got 2 weeks holiday pa and low everything.

The owners and big investors got drunk with me and at 3am they were saying "The yankees didn't win the war coz it ain't over - they are up there in Detroit working 7 day shifts in the cold and dark for peanuts - working for us owners from the South"

The US is a sweat shop and no way would I bring my family here. It suits me great because I am financially independant - but jeez I feel sad for the rest.

Those people in Detroit allowed the Unions and Greed to destroy their future

You also stated it took marrying your bosses daughter.

Are you advocating that in order to get a head you have to marry into it or luck your way in with no work?

It is nice to know the people that truly exploit the USA as you are admitting to do.

Timeline

Nah - it's just that you need a lot of attitude and to drop the notion of 'fairness'. Until then you can't even get a toehold. I wangled myself a quiet place by marrying the bosses daughter. That stuff is necessary. It's not for the faint hearted this success stuff.

Sorry I misread your reply here

and agree there is nothing fair about how things work out in life.

Sacrifices have to be made.

Timeline

Those people in Detroit allowed the Unions and Greed to destroy their future

You also stated it took marrying your bosses daughter.

Are you advocating that in order to get a head you have to marry into it or luck your way in with no work?

It is nice to know the people that truly exploit the USA as you are admitting to do.

When will people learn not to jump to conclusions and construct a whole story from a few lines read on the internet ? When I was 21 I married a girl who was the local police sergeant's daughter. She got pregnant and I was in a fix. He was a top mason and wangled us a fantastic free police house when I joined his force and doubled my salary. Problem solved.

That isn't exploiting America as it was in the UK and probably decades before you were born.

A line from a song of the time: The boxer - Simon and Garfunkel

'A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest'

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

When will people learn not to jump to conclusions and construct a whole story from a few lines read on the internet ? When I was 21 I married a girl who was the local police sergeant's daughter. She got pregnant and I was in a fix. He was a top mason and wangled us a fantastic free police house when I joined his force and doubled my salary. Problem solved.

That isn't exploiting America as it was in the UK and probably decades before you were born.

A line from a song of the time: The boxer - Simon and Garfunkel

'A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest'

No conclusions jumped to please read what you wrote.

Your saying the USA is good enough for you to take your earnings from but not good enough to have your family here.

Also it is great you feel sad for others but make sure your sympathy is well placed there are many here who put themselves at risk financially daily or make poor decisions knowingly.

Timeline

No conclusions jumped to please read what you wrote.

Your saying the USA is good enough for you to take your earnings from but not good enough to have your family here.

Also it is great you feel sad for others but make sure your sympathy is well placed there are many here who put themselves at risk financially daily or make poor decisions knowingly.

Apart from a bit of beer money, all my investment are OUTSIDE the USA - and I don't work - - so I am not taking anyone's job.

I am spending all the income from all my foreign investments and my 3 foreign pensions into the US economy (thus providing jobs in the US) and of course paying tax on everything in the US - buying bombs and aircraft carriers and body armour for the troops.

I take nothing out from the US and put everything in. How is that exploiting the US ? The US is bloody lucky to have me.

This hostile nativist thinking towards immigrants must STOP because there are plenty of countries that would welcome someone like me who seeks to take NOTHING out and put EVERYTHING in..

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg