pmcolt

General P3 and DS-230 questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancée and I are unclear on a few things, and were hoping someone on these forums might shed some light on some of these questions. She recently received her packet from the Montréal consulate.

On the DS-230 Part I, Question 35 states "List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the United States." She is a Canadian national who has visited the US more times than she can remember, and lived briefly in the US as a small child. Does this need to be an exhaustive list of visits, or can we mention the most recent visits and note this on a cover letter?

She has recently moved back in with her parents. Do we need to file a change of address with USCIS at this stage? Do we also need to notify the Montréal consulate? Her name is still on the lease at her old apartment, but she would prefer to receive any future notices at home.

The checklist she received lists "medical" as one of the items she should have in order to schedule an interview date. All the other information in the packet suggests that the medical exam should be scheduled after an interview date is made, and be scheduled soon before the interview. Am I correct in assuming that she should check off that item on the checklist, return the checklist and forms to schedule an interview date, and then schedule the medical exam once she has a date?

Her family doctor advised against receiving some of the vaccinations listed on the medical paperwork, due to her family medical history. Will a note from the family doctor excuse these vaccinations, or is she going to have to receive them prior to the medical exam?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi and Congrats on getting this far!

She can book the appt., as long as she has her case number; but remember not to book it too early b/c when she does her aos, she may need another if the medical (i think) is older than a year. So, I would suggest booking the medical about a month or more after sending in the p3. Montreal is very very slow and it can take3-4 months for the interview itself.

As for the visits, I listed several times between xx and xx. then i noted the last visit with the exact time frames.

As for the vaccines...remember they are age appropiate; so check to see what she really needs to have done. I am not sure about the letter from her Doctor, but guess it wouldn't hurt.

Look around the site -there is oooodles of info!

Good Luck

and yes check everything off even if you dont have it yet; (you have time to get it) and send it off, You will bring everything to the interview.

Edited by jken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.