Nina~

10 Annoying Thing Non-Car-People Say

49 posts in this topic

"I don't know why you got that thing, you don't need it. It's too big!" I'm sure you hate putting gas in that!"

True, do I need a full size quad cab 4X4? No! Do I want one? YES. That's all that matters. It's what I want and the only thing I'd ever buy. Though my next truck might just be a super duty----because I want one!

Some look only at cars to get from point A to point B in, and of those some feel everyone else should see cars the same way. we have choices. They made theirs, and I made mine. I'm happy with my choice. Of course where I live everyone seems to drive these so comments like those aren't very common at all here. As for older vehicles, I sure would like an old early bronco to build up as a toy because, well, I want one.

Bronco or Bronco II? I love the latter... you can make it in/out of a lot of corn fields in one of those. Thank God they have a rollbar, they dont like ravines so much!

It's ironic when people who buy large gas guzzling vehicles (they usually don't need) and then turn around and complain about how much they spend on gas.

my pickup is a gas hog, though not as bad as the 442 (LOL you ought to see the needle on the gas gauge sink when i floor it :rofl: ) but you will never hear me complain about how much i spend in gas... i chose my vehicles for a reason, i love power... it's like the feeling you get when you ride a Harley vs a Honda :whistle: love that

besides, if i want good gas mileage i have a mid-size car for that... even as old as it is i still get 26mpg which is better than most small cars on the road. used to get 36mpg before we had to change out the motor :angry: gotta love exs who like to put ####### in the motor.

I like red cars.

oh now YOU have hit on MY pet peeve :rofl: i read through all the things and thought "nah, none of those really bother me" except the stick one (just cause everyone, especially women, should know how to drive a stick so they dont get stuck somewhere)

i HATE when i say "so how you like your new car?" = i want them to give me the details but they give me that glassy-eyed look and say "oh i love it! it's the perfect shade of <insert color here>" {SIGH}

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

These things are only annoying if you're crazy about cars. For people that HAVE a car but only see it as a practical means of living daily lives, I doubt they care if people say these things.

Sod that.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG