HBKHHH

how long will a K1 visa interview be schedueld in adavance?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys. My fiancee and I are now in the process of waiting for her interview.

She just sent the first packet.

about how long will it take from now to her interview?

and how many packets will she recive?

I remember last year the schedueled her interview a month in adavance.

I hope they will do the same this year.

But this is her second interview. Because she was denied last year. Instead of waiting for an appeal.

We decided to apply again.

I want to acompany her this time. But if they dont give me enough of a notice it will be difficult to request th time off.

Because I have had a promotion 3 moths ago Im a superviser now..

Can anyone give me a time frame on when the interview will be schedueled?

Thanks.

Craig.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It depends on the particular Consulate and the current number of applicants and case load at the Consulate. I had to wait until my fiancee was informed of her interview appointment. It was scheduled roughly 24 days in advance. I asked my boss for time off the same day. I bought the airline tickets online the next day at a higher price than I would have liked. Nothing you can do about it.

In your case, you need to go if she is to have any chance this time. Also send cards by Fedex or UPS. Send flowers or gifts through a web service in China. Make the gifts and Evidence of ongoing relationship different than the usual.

Wake up the CO with the clever innovative and loving things you have done for her. She will need to do some things different as well. Like attending English class and showing it is a burden to her schedule or other committments to you and your life in the US.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Okay, Audy_Rob's answer is not specific enough to help you, but he is trying to help.

Darnell will stroll along soon enough to add to my comments, but here is my take on your status.

"about how long will it take from now to her interview?" you said that she just sent in the first packet, which I am guessing is your P3? You need to call DOS with your GUZ number every few days and get confirmation from a real person on the phone that your packet has been received. They will probably tell you that the case has not be given an interview date, if this is the case you should call back at least once per week until that changes and they have issued a date.

"and how many packets will she recive?"

She will receive her P4 interview packet with her letter to gain entrance into the embassy and directions on her medical exam.

DO YOU HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE LINED UP YET? E.G. EOR LETTER, NOTORIZED DOCUMENTS, ECT??

Have you addressed the reasons for last year's denial? We are rooting for you!! Good luck, dude! :dance::thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.