aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi folks!

Just dropping in to say hi. Hope all is well with everyone. Still in beautiful Sydney with the wifey. Congrats Rings and Loke!

Hi Kath, den mother of the Oz thread LOL.

Wedding turned out to be an amazing time with family and friends. It was so stressful trying to get things in order the last few days! I am waiting for some worthy pics before I post hee hee. I am loving it here even more. I've been driving around the last week and pretty much have the hang of it. I even drove family back and forth from the airport. It's much more relaxed driving here in NSW than in the east coast in the US. I can get used to it over here LOL.

Vy and I are off to Airlie Beach in a few hours. We spent the first week doing final wedding prep work and then 2nd week with family before they left. We are honeymooning this week. All my paperwork is at the NVC now and am waiting for the elusive Case Complete. Hopefully it will be done in NH and then sent to Sydney during Apec week. With Apec done things should go back to normal *FINGERS CROSSED*. I am praying her interview and visa come in October.

C'mon NVC, I need that case complete!!!!

Good luck to everyone else on their journeys!

-Alex

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
nescafe blend 43.. but i noticed that they dont have that one so i might need to settle on something similar maybe..........lol...........

i dont like international roast... i used ot drink it but grew out of it.

lol how you gonna be drinking blend 43 and then turn around trying to be all discerning in your taste...no no no missy :no:

Edited by sugarbob

i got a weird question to ask........

when you apply for AOS ... Forgotten what that all stands for..........

why would they deny your application?

i mean if your married and followed all the rules to the letter..........?

hi sharyna

AOS stands for Adjustment of Status (meaning your changing your residental status to permanent resident)

there is a number of reasons that there could be a denial...

not enough evidence to prove you have a bonafide marriage

not answering to a RFE quick smart....they would think you have abandoned your application..

your sponsor pulls out or cancels the sponsorship like what they said happened to on of the aussies and was deported ..remember...

i think there was a thread on denials on vj...the above are just what i think could happen ...

anyone else got anything to add...i wouldnt worry on it too much as long as your honest with the application you got nothing to be scared of....

hi ya vylex

lol @Den Mother... i think im the oldest here lol good to see you...so happy to hear all went well with the wedding and your finally relaxing with your wifey and honeymooning....cant wait to see the pics...how did they like the video mate..

ohhh aussie driving is less stressful than over here.. it seems you have to be on your toes all the time on the roads here...my driving is improving im getting more relaxed but still very cautious still..nice to hear from you mate and i hope like you do that your application is complete very very soon ....

*waves to jess** hi ya how are you going...liking it over here ...

ohhhh a bit of news here...were moving on the weekend..couldnt believe its only gunna cost us $29.95 and 85cents a mile to high a U-haul truck to move.....now to figure out how were gunna get 2 couches a huge 50" tv down 3 flights of stairs....lol...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Hey guys,

Just a quickie......we got married on Saturday, then took our marriage papers back to the court house yesterday and they stamped them and gave us 3 copies. Is that the actual marriage licence? It says on the top COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA MARRIAGE REGISTER, and it has the sealed stamp thing on the bottom. Or do I have to wait for something to come in the mail? I am confused!

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

congrats kelli!!

kath ok i'm going to assume there are no lifts?.....and theres two of you doing this?...... ok.. i'd just say.. some very careful manuevering will be needed especially with the tv lol.........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Kelli - sorry I don't have an answser for you but wanted to say a great big CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding!!!!!!

Just popping in to say HI to all and hope everything is going smoothly. Looks as if everyone on here is happy and well from the recent posts!!

I had my bridal shower this past Saturday evening and we had a blast! Although we had an Italian theme and I think I had a little too much sangria. I was pretty useless the next day.

My better half arrives this Saturday...WOO HOO! I am so excited....can't wait! I have to pinch myself everyday just to make sure that this is REALLY happening!

Wishing EVERYONE well!!!!

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Timeline

Kym-How exciting! All the best for when your other half arrives, and I hope that you have a fab wedding!

Just a question that I had earlier-when I go for my SSN, do I tell them that I am married or use my maiden name?

I hope that everyone is doing well!

AOS

November 30th-Touched

Timeline

Hi there everyone..

I am new to this forum and am trying to get some information on DCF in Australia (I am Australian, my fiance is American). We have been back and forth between various countries for the last few years, trying to stay together.. we will be heading to Australia at the end of October for seven months. Does anyone know if we are eligible for DCF? Does he have to be there for a certain time? Will DCF still be around in March/April (probably the time we get married)?

Any help would be great!

Timeline

GAH. This endless waiting is killing me. 41 days since the petition was sent (no touch since late July) and I'm jealous of you all. Hahaha. :P

Sorry, had to vent... Waiting sucks. *sigh*

Timeline

Hang in there Katz, the time will fly once the ball gets rolling!

Another ? for u guys!

Should I apply for a EAD now, or wait untill the AOS....I am confused because I will have to pay the EAD fee, and when I get my AOS, do I get a work permit with that?

Things are slowly moving....I sent my vaccination worksheet to the Dr in texas, and should have the supplement banck next week, then I will able to apply for AOS. I am sooooooooo stressed....please tell me that you guys are/were stresed during all this!!!

Take care!

AOS

November 30th-Touched

Timeline

Hi Kelli, you know that the fees increased at the end of July, well, the new fee structure includes the cost of the EAD and an AP all in one. The reason people apply for the EAD is historically the EAD has usually arrived much faster than the Greencard, but not always. It's kind of a toss up. Moreover, because of the huge weight of AOS's they have at the moment, the EADs are taking a long time as well. Myself case in point. :)

We were a little stressed getting it in but now all we can do is wait, it's out of our hands so no use stressing.

Timeline

Thanks Jezz! So, if I apply for a EAD now, and pay the fee, when I apply for AOS, do I still need to pay the fee for another EAD?

All this stuff is soooooooo anoying! Why can't they make this a bit easier!!!!

AOS

November 30th-Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Kelli,....this was on the instruction page of the EAD form on the www.uscis.gov website.

Special Instructions :

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.

You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.

Seems to me,..that it would just be easier to lodge the AOS. Cheaper too....!! As that tends to indicate if you dont have the AOS noticce of action receipt, a fee is required, If filed seperately

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.