eander

Getting married in Philippines

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
B-) I am planning my trip to Philippines this October 2010..to tour and hopeing to meet filipina GF..if I do and want to get married in Philippines will hurt the visa process..having such fast Marriage..is it better to wait and get engaged..1st ..

Pompanga to Boracay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic moved from the Immigration News Forum to the Philippines Regional Forum as a more appropriate location for this question.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey...for me that is hard, :bonk: why don't you set up engagement first then when you go back there again just set up marriage...is that sound good for you?bec. at the embacy i guess they are strict now how long you know each other...just guess only....but try to set up engagement first!!! :D

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Hi, its nice to know that you love to marry one of the pinays, but please take your time to get to know one, so both of you wont end up to divorce, just a piece of advice...

Hope you meet a good one...

B-) I am planning my trip to Philippines this October 2010..to tour and hopeing to meet filipina GF..if I do and want to get married in Philippines will hurt the visa process..having such fast Marriage..is it better to wait and get engaged..1st ..

img0725ng.jpg

as1cxMsVM3D0000Mjk2bHN8MDA5Njk4c3xXZVwncmUgbWFycmllZCBmb3Ig.gif

I met my wife in June one year ago, flew there in August, and was married in September. There was never any question about the length of our courtship at any point in the immigration process. If you have the evidence to prove you have a legit marriage and ongoing relationship then that's what matters to the government. Like Teena said though, making sure that she's the right girl for you is more important. I knew before I went to the Phils that Merlaine was it for me.

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Have you met a filipina online? Or are you hoping to meet one on your trip?

Getting married in the Philippines is not like Las Vegas. There is a 10 day waiting period after you apply for a marriage license.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Have you met a filipina online? Or are you hoping to meet one on your trip?

Getting married in the Philippines is not like Las Vegas. There is a 10 day waiting period after you apply for a marriage license.

:thumbs: It took about 3 weeks just to get all the paperwork done. I was there 32 days and flew home 5 days after we were married. That's only for a civil wedding. Count on a LOT longer than that for a church wedding.

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

there are a lot of different requirements...one being an affidavit of legal capacity to marry signed at the US embassy...if you do a church wedding you will have to go to a pre-marriage seminar too. I was in the PI for about 26 days and it took 3 weeks (21 days) to do everything needed for a church wedding. We lucked out that everything went so smooth and we did not have to pay any extra for the speed (we did wait the 10 days for the marriage license)...Do take your time and get to know each other though.

Check out the embassy's site on the requirements in addition to any church requirements if you do that (dont forget that your girl will have to have a CENOMAR to get the license too and that could take a couple of weeks alone) http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Timeline

Hey...for me that is hard, :bonk: why don't you set up engagement first then when you go back there again just set up marriage...is that sound good for you?bec. at the embacy i guess they are strict now how long you know each other...just guess only....but try to set up engagement first!!! :D

Filed: Timeline

Hi, its nice to know that you love to marry one of the pinays, but please take your time to get to know one, so both of you wont end up to divorce, just a piece of advice...

Hi thanks I am very excited to meet filipinas..I am on Cherryblossoms.com now just meets girls and getting to know then, So my next step will be in October and meet them in person...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try to get to know her better first, get engaged, then get married. The good thing about getting married there is, it will save you some amount when she comes here cuz you won't have to apply for AOS that will cost you $1010

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I AGREE.... :thumbs::thumbs: goodluck to you....have fun your vacation and searching...GODLESS

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

there are a lot of different requirements...one being an affidavit of legal capacity to marry signed at the US embassy...if you do a church wedding you will have to go to a pre-marriage seminar too. I was in the PI for about 26 days and it took 3 weeks (21 days) to do everything needed for a church wedding. We lucked out that everything went so smooth and we did not have to pay any extra for the speed (we did wait the 10 days for the marriage license)...Do take your time and get to know each other though.

Check out the embassy's site on the requirements in addition to any church requirements if you do that (dont forget that your girl will have to have a CENOMAR to get the license too and that could take a couple of weeks alone) http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

CENOMAR isn't required in "most" cities to marry. Wasn't for us in San Fernando City. If it is you can normally make a "donation" and the required will disappear!! :blush: GOOD to get one anyway to be sure your pinay is clear to marry. LOTS have been caught trying to marry a American without having received a annulment!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.