mamaSue

Same day ceremony??

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I mean, does NO ONE ever know before going if there is any chance of having their oath ceremony that day? It's a big enough deal for many people that it seems strange there's no way to know ahead of time.... whether or not to bring along family members....

I wish there was an easy way to find out where it is/is not done, how often, etc...

venusfire

I found out everything about my local office by searching online and not at VJ. Quite often a local immigration lawyer will have a discussion board or information on their web site and you can glean a lot of information from that.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

I found out everything about my local office by searching online and not at VJ. Quite often a local immigration lawyer will have a discussion board or information on their web site and you can glean a lot of information from that.

That's a good tip

didn't work for me as Yakima is only 2 coyotes, a rusty broken tractor and a bunch of sage grass - so I drew a blank

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That's a good tip

didn't work for me as Yakima is only 2 coyotes, a rusty broken tractor and a bunch of sage grass - so I drew a blank

All I could find was Twin City newspaper articles on how slow the oath ceremony was, as long as nine months! Some reasons is they wanted to have a big party with at least 3,500 applicants, others, couldn't find a free judge or a place to hold it in. That is when I decided to contact my senator, not even sure why we have to go to Bloomington when Milwaukee is closer, but even people only living 65 miles north of Milwaukee were forced to go to Bloomington. Bloomington is a small town about 13 miles south of St. Paul and the people that live in Bloomington vehemently object to the USCIS office calling it St. Paul as do the people living in Minneapolis.

But only about 8 blocks from the Mall of America where I can buy a cinnamon roll and a cup of coffee for only nine dollars, other bargains there as well

Timeline

All I could find was Twin City newspaper articles on how slow the oath ceremony was, as long as nine months! Some reasons is they wanted to have a big party with at least 3,500 applicants, others, couldn't find a free judge or a place to hold it in. That is when I decided to contact my senator, not even sure why we have to go to Bloomington when Milwaukee is closer, but even people only living 65 miles north of Milwaukee were forced to go to Bloomington. Bloomington is a small town about 13 miles south of St. Paul and the people that live in Bloomington vehemently object to the USCIS office calling it St. Paul as do the people living in Minneapolis.

But only about 8 blocks from the Mall of America where I can buy a cinnamon roll and a cup of coffee for only nine dollars, other bargains there as well

Heck - we started this journey in Hubertus, 20 miles north of Milwaukee - must be v close to you. Guess at Fond du lac. Oshkosh etc excellent. She was there last week and is homesick for that area. Bloody homesick when I am 8 time zones from home and live among 300 million extremist crazies - jeez..

I just want my FP date then I can plan my UK holiday straight after - they can take as long as they want after that coz jury duty doesn't appeal one bit.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

That's a good tip

At least it shows what to expect on the day

Edited by Lansbury

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Timeline

Took me 30 seconds to find this as a starting point http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?189218-NSC-St.-Paul-%28-MN%29-timeline

Like I said some information is often out there if people research for it, sometimes it is all you want other times it gives general in formation.

Edited by Lansbury

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.