earth_angel

Just Got Married to LPR, Now Filing I 130

3 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all! I'm a newbie and this is my first time posting a message here...

I've read thru most of the topics here and already found a wealth of information. There are still some questions though and I'm hoping there are some here who've been in the same situation.

I am here in the US on a working visa (H1 B) and very recently got married to my husband who's a lawful permanent resident. He will naturalize by next year (Sept 2011), and seeing the fast movement in processing of the F2A category, we decided to file for the I 130 petition instead of waiting for him to become a US citizen.

We are now in the process of assembling the I 130 packet and I just wanted to make sure I got everything right. We're submitting the following:

1. Cover Letter

2. I-130 petition

3. Check for $355

4. G325 a with passport photo for him and myself

5. Copy of his permanent residency card

6. Copy of petitioner and beneficiary's passport and birth certificate

7. Copy of our marriage certificate

8. Copy of petitioner's divorce decree from previous marriage

9. Copy of my annulment papers from previous marriage

10. Evidence of Bonafide marriage )certificate of domestic partnership since 2008, health insurance cards and photos)

I would appreciate any info and suggestions you may have. Also, I want to know if I'll be able to apply for AOS if the priority date comes up even if the I130 is still pending. Thanks in advance!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi to all! I'm a newbie and this is my first time posting a message here...

I've read thru most of the topics here and already found a wealth of information. There are still some questions though and I'm hoping there are some here who've been in the same situation.

I am here in the US on a working visa (H1 B) and very recently got married to my husband who's a lawful permanent resident. He will naturalize by next year (Sept 2011), and seeing the fast movement in processing of the F2A category, we decided to file for the I 130 petition instead of waiting for him to become a US citizen.

We are now in the process of assembling the I 130 packet and I just wanted to make sure I got everything right. We're submitting the following:

1. Cover Letter

2. I-130 petition

3. Check for $355

4. G325 a with passport photo for him and myself

5. Copy of his permanent residency card

6. Copy of petitioner and beneficiary's passport and birth certificate

7. Copy of our marriage certificate

8. Copy of petitioner's divorce decree from previous marriage

9. Copy of my annulment papers from previous marriage

10. Evidence of Bonafide marriage )certificate of domestic partnership since 2008, health insurance cards and photos)

I would appreciate any info and suggestions you may have. Also, I want to know if I'll be able to apply for AOS if the priority date comes up even if the I130 is still pending. Thanks in advance!

THINK YOU GOT EVERYTHING.....

Filed: Timeline

I have similar situation as you have. I am working in US with a H1B visa and my wife is a green card holder and we are preparing files for petition. I have read some information from the website. Since in i-130 you will mention you will adjust your visa status later, I think we need to also provide evidence that we are staying legally in US (not from abroard) such as your I-94 card, H1B visa, SSN and Driver's liscense copy. If anybody know something about this, please help us. Thank you very much.

Shiping

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.