bjaminh

Dallas Lockbox?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Seems to me that as of August 3rd, 2010, there is a universal "USCIS service center" address where you send your I-129F application regardless of which state you live in. Is this other people's understanding?

From the service center link:

"If you live in the United States or abroad and are filing Form I-129F, then file your petition at:

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067"

Timeline

Hi,

I'm Elaina, in Vancouver, B.C. ... My Fiance is in Wa. State. I just read this post and 'wondering' :wacko: ... Eric shipped off our I-129F Application ON AUG 3,2010.... but NEVER heard or saw anything about TEXAS....so it was shipped to the California Service Center, as that is what their instructions said to do... do you think this is going to be a problem? We ARE Newbies here....and still reading up on everything, trying to catch up on information and them assimilating it all.....WHEW!! there IS a lot...and of course trying to keep it all straight is a challenge too. lol OH WOW, if anyone call tell me, I'd really appreciate it..... thank you

No worries Elaina they will forward it to TX. Your check will have TX stamped on the back.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

Hi,

I'm Elaina, in Vancouver, B.C. ... My Fiance is in Wa. State. I just read this post and 'wondering' :wacko: ... Eric shipped off our I-129F Application ON AUG 3,2010.... but NEVER heard or saw anything about TEXAS....so it was shipped to the California Service Center, as that is what their instructions said to do... do you think this is going to be a problem? We ARE Newbies here....and still reading up on everything, trying to catch up on information and them assimilating it all.....WHEW!! there IS a lot...and of course trying to keep it all straight is a challenge too. lol OH WOW, if anyone call tell me, I'd really appreciate it..... thank you

I just went back to the USCIS site, and sure enough...they changed the address to Texas; HOWEVER...Eric completed the Appliction and put the package together, before that was even posted, he took the address in Calif when he was putting it all together and did up the evelope..... he mailed it on the 3rd on his way to work, without knowing about the change......do you think that is going to cause some huge delay???? OMG....not a good way to start

Timeline

No worries Elaina they will forward it to TX. Your check will have TX stamped on the back.

Oh.. whew, thank you... I guess it will just be a 'delay' :( and after we tried so hard to cross ALL our T's and dot ALL our i's...so there wouldnt' be... oh well...and so the voyage begins...

I don't think it will be much of a delay. Ours was sent to TX too. We had our NOA1 in a week. Check was cashed within days. Watch your bank account.

Keep me posted as to your journey. Always nice to keep in touch.

J

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Elaina,

I did the same thing, I swear I double and triple checked EVERYTHING, then sent it off on its merry way on the 3rd of August to Vermont. Got to work after the post office, saw all these posts about TX and was like OH NO! :crying:

They forwarded it on no problem, my check was cashed yesterday and I'm well on my way to getting my NOA1. You should be soon too. They've actually been forwarding them to TX since May I think. They only made the formal address change announcement on the 3rd. I've heard theres going to be a 45 day grace period where everything that gets sent to VSC or CSC will automatically get forwarded to TX. After those 45 days, I dunno, I guess they'll start sending them back.

The only thing that actually will affect you is the fact that because all our packets are going to TX now, they're not stamping the case #'s on the backs of the checks anymore. So you'll have to wait until your actual NOA1 hardcopy.

But anyway, good luck on the rest of your journey, hopefully everything goes quickly for all of us! And feel free to drop by the August VSC filer's thread over in the k-1 progress reports section and say hello! :)

Edited by Amyyduck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.