Lovebirds2009

Question about documents for interview!

7 posts in this topic

I am reading posts around and I see almost everyone is bringing their own documents to the interview(talking about-ds230,police cert.,court certificates,passport photos,birth cert etc)but we had to send all of those,together with filled ds230(just not signed last page) to NVC and NVC sent it to embassy where my husband is schedulled to be interviewed.So basically,he don't have any documents to bring(everything is already there according to NVC,waiting) except his medical review,our photos(albums) plane tickets,western unions etc.When we received interview date by email from NVC there was a check list of all the things applicant should bring to embassy and our case seemed to have everything there on file,so there was nothing mentioned extra to be brought in.I AM INTERESTED IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO HAD THE SAME THING AS US-ALL SENT TO NVC AND NVC THEN SENT EVERYTHING TO EMBASSY AND IT'S THERE WAITING FOR APPLICANT WHEN HE/SHE COMES FOR AN INTERVIEW? IF SO-let me know,was that it or did they still ask you for anything...how did it go(with documents already there ready)?

I know different countries and embassies have different approaches to it,so maybe somebody had the similar thing.

I am reading posts around and I see almost everyone is bringing their own documents to the interview(talking about-ds230,police cert.,court certificates,passport photos,birth cert etc)but we had to send all of those,together with filled ds230(just not signed last page) to NVC and NVC sent it to embassy where my husband is schedulled to be interviewed.So basically,he don't have any documents to bring(everything is already there according to NVC,waiting) except his medical review,our photos(albums) plane tickets,western unions etc.When we received interview date by email from NVC there was a check list of all the things applicant should bring to embassy and our case seemed to have everything there on file,so there was nothing mentioned extra to be brought in.I AM INTERESTED IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO HAD THE SAME THING AS US-ALL SENT TO NVC AND NVC THEN SENT EVERYTHING TO EMBASSY AND IT'S THERE WAITING FOR APPLICANT WHEN HE/SHE COMES FOR AN INTERVIEW? IF SO-let me know,was that it or did they still ask you for anything...how did it go(with documents already there ready)?

I know different countries and embassies have different approaches to it,so maybe somebody had the similar thing.

I brought a duplicate of everything that we sent in to USCIS from the beginning. At the embassy, they actually asked for the divorce decree for my husband previous marriage even though one has been sent in previously. I read somewhere that they asked for the previous year tax return. Different embassies have different way of doing things, so to play safe- bring a copy of everything that you have sent it. That way when they asked for something, you will have it ready.

And they actually looked through our pictures and asked questions about the pictures. Maintain good eye contact and be confident with your answer. If you do not understand the question, ask them to repeat or rephrase the question. Listen to their question carefully, they actually asked me a trick question and luckily I managed to catch it! :D

Good luck!

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

I brought a duplicate of everything that we sent in to USCIS from the beginning. At the embassy, they actually asked for the divorce decree for my husband previous marriage even though one has been sent in previously. I read somewhere that they asked for the previous year tax return. Different embassies have different way of doing things, so to play safe- bring a copy of everything that you have sent it. That way when they asked for something, you will have it ready.

And they actually looked through our pictures and asked questions about the pictures. Maintain good eye contact and be confident with your answer. If you do not understand the question, ask them to repeat or rephrase the question. Listen to their question carefully, they actually asked me a trick question and luckily I managed to catch it! :D

Good luck!

well,we sent copies too.originals(twice) and copies(twice) and tax return i don't have because i don't wrk :) we have sponsor,I mean joint sponsor and they said that's all ok,nothing else is needed. Pics,yes..lots of them.Some very privat,hahahaha...if they want prooof,it's on the pic ;))) Anyway-it's mostly us two on pics and some of his family because we got married there and we'll have another(church) wedding here for my family.Now,what was your trick question(if you want to share0 because questions like-what my family think of him-is plain stupid more than tricky..unless they read minds :))))) By the way,he goes,i don't.I am citizen,married to non-citizen.I was just wondering about this documents they told me 5 times at NVC(i called all the time,hahaha) will be ready there and nothing else is needed. So..we'll see in two weeks.

well,we sent copies too.originals(twice) and copies(twice) and tax return i don't have because i don't wrk :) we have sponsor,I mean joint sponsor and they said that's all ok,nothing else is needed. Pics,yes..lots of them.Some very privat,hahahaha...if they want prooof,it's on the pic ;))) Anyway-it's mostly us two on pics and some of his family because we got married there and we'll have another(church) wedding here for my family.Now,what was your trick question(if you want to share0 because questions like-what my family think of him-is plain stupid more than tricky..unless they read minds :))))) By the way,he goes,i don't.I am citizen,married to non-citizen.I was just wondering about this documents they told me 5 times at NVC(i called all the time,hahaha) will be ready there and nothing else is needed. So..we'll see in two weeks.

Don't worry about it. If NVC says the Embassy will have them, then they will. Or they should. And you aren't at fault if they don't. Just have him bring his passport and the passport sized photos, and any other supporting documents or photos you wish to bring.

I, too, had your same question. But NVC does say they'll forward everything over. I only made a copy of my I-184 and nothing else... all my original and certified docs are with NVC or somewhere else, so Embassy better get them. :)

USCIS Journey

1-25-10: Mailed I-130

1-28-10: USCIS receives I-130

2-02-10: USCIS initiates processing

3-25-10: I-130 approved

-- Two months wasted waiting for case number which was already assigned without notifying us. >=( --

-- In the long run, not a bad thing, as we saved up more money. --

NVC Journey:

4-05-10: NVC initiates processing

6-01-10: Paid AOS fee / Completed DS-3032

6-04-10: Paid IV fee

6-10-10: Mailed AOS

6-14-10: NVC receives AOS

7-06-10: Mailed DS-230

7-15-10: NVC receives DS-230

7-23-10: Medical exam appointment

8-04-10: SIF & Case Closed

8-13-10: Interview letter received

9-09-10: Visa interview in London at 8:30 am ***APPROVED!***

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

take a copy of everything to the interview to be safe!!!

the only official docs you would be carrying is the medical if it hasn't already been sent by the clinic to the embassy.

i took official copies of birth and marriage certs too to be safe.

good luck.

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Don't worry about it. If NVC says the Embassy will have them, then they will. Or they should. And you aren't at fault if they don't. Just have him bring his passport and the passport sized photos, and any other supporting documents or photos you wish to bring.

I, too, had your same question. But NVC does say they'll forward everything over. I only made a copy of my I-184 and nothing else... all my original and certified docs are with NVC or somewhere else, so Embassy better get them. :)

yes,he'll have photos and passport and medical and our stuff..affadavit and supporting things i don't have since my joint sponsor didn't like me to have a look at her things on the first place,i guess some people are very protecting when it comes to their finances even if they are family...so whatever she sent,was accepted and was fine.hopefully they won't ask for another tax return since the same one was sent by her anyway.How elese they would approve it.and that was little over month ago before nvc sent everything to embassy.

take a copy of everything to the interview to be safe!!!

the only official docs you would be carrying is the medical if it hasn't already been sent by the clinic to the embassy.

i took official copies of birth and marriage certs too to be safe.

good luck.

well the point is,everytime you need original,you pay for it.so we already took 3 originals,i ain't getting another one...(marriage cert,birth,name it.) two they requested and third one I sent with first application,when they didn't even ask for it. So...if they need something,they'll ask.I just wanted to know,do they ever mess up documents when handled by NVC...and ask for another round or they usually send them all as they say..well I hope they do because it costs a lots of money to get the docs,to send them,to go back and forth from eu to usa just to be sending papers etc..I could of been with my husband till now if it wasn't for me going back to send things...since I live here and all my docs are here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.