5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I just submitted the papers at VFS ... all they asked for is my father ( principal beneficiary ) and my mother's DS 230 and passport copies .... thats it.

Surprisingly my sister just crossed 2 months after 21 and i am 24 so they dint take both our stuff and asked all of us to just directly show up at the interview with the papers saying the officer will decide.

Now when i am calculating CSPA age .. i still cant figure out where to get my Approval date from, .... on what Document do you get it ?? .... the onyly one i can think of is the I-797 Notice of action..... it has a receipt date and a Notice of action date ......is the notice of action date the approval datE of the petiiton ??

hmm...i think last decision will be taken by CO at mumbai consulate.

your sister's name and your name is mentioned in interview appointment letter ?(p4)

i think your interview is on 7 august..ryt ? i will advise you to carry original birth certi of your and your sister's at the time of interview.

and best of luck :) and pplz dont forget to update the forum after interview...ok..coz we are sailing into the same boat. my age is 21 and my bro's 25.

but we are protected by cspa.

and let me know what happens into Mumbai consulate regarding your cspa ,after interview complete. ok.

Timeline

nvc started showing status of your application.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

i copy and paste few case numbers from july 2012 mumbai list..

there was so many cases refused..!!! strange....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

no f4 interview letters yet?? :/

dont forget its going to be the last bulletin for the fiscal year, visa number could, not saying would, cooould dry up aswell. though hopefully they arent...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

nvc started showing status of your application.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

i copy and paste few case numbers from july 2012 mumbai list..

there was so many cases refused..!!! strange....

i don't believe it.

how can they refuse iv visa application.?

any case here that visa had been refused.

even if all documents are correct.

Timeline

sachin6878

did you check your status application what did it say,i checked it says your search did not return any date,what does that mean?

same result was displayed to me also sony

i don't believe it.

how can they refuse iv visa application.?

any case here that visa had been refused.

even if all documents are correct.

if you don't believe, open that link , then copy paste some numbers from july appointment list.

the form 221g or the dreaded AP is also considered as 'rejected'.

yes, i also think so.

they are displaying 221g under refused...coz there was only 3 words showing, "issued" ,"refused" and "ready"

Edited by sachin6878

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

same result was displayed to me also sony

if you don't believe, open that link , then copy paste some numbers from july appointment list.

yes, i also think so.

they are displaying 221g under refused...coz there was only 3 words showing, "issued" ,"refused" and "ready"

how can they take decesion for refused visa application.

any documents related problem or any other kind of matter.

and what means "Application Receipt Pending"for above 21 years old

Timeline

ishan

what VFS stands for,don't the NVC send the envelope with all documents directly to the local embassy,why you have to send them,you should bring them to the interview,it is confusing me,did they ask you for another DS230?tThanks

they asked me for a new DS-230 .... also nvc doesnt send all docs... you still have to get all your originals to the interview and recent ones tooo coz I-864 and all that would have expried by the time ur inteview comes ..

Timeline

hmm...i think last decision will be taken by CO at mumbai consulate.

your sister's name and your name is mentioned in interview appointment letter ?(p4)

i think your interview is on 7 august..ryt ? i will advise you to carry original birth certi of your and your sister's at the time of interview.

and best of luck :) and pplz dont forget to update the forum after interview...ok..coz we are sailing into the same boat. my age is 21 and my bro's 25.

but we are protected by cspa.

and let me know what happens into Mumbai consulate regarding your cspa ,after interview complete. ok.

Yeah dude .. our names are mentioned on the interview letter .... interview is on 7th. What confuses me is this CSPA bitchy thing so annoying i swear. I am still not sure what date to consider as approval date coz there is no document which clearly states DATE OF APPROVAL ...so and so....

ONly thing i could assume was the Notic of Action date to be the date of approval for caluclating CSPA thing.

Timeline

I would also suggest that make a letter requesting the CO to grant you and ur brother the immigrant visa. Mention all the details in the letter with ur age , names , priority dates ... date of approval and resultant grace period with the CSPA AGE and state that as per your understanding of the CSPA act and the following calculation you both should be granted the visas.

Its not necessary but highlighting all these dates / ages and CSPA just makes it easier for the CO to make up his mind ..its like pushing him to make the right decision with ease :P

Hand this letter to the people you submit your documents to during the wait in Queue on interview date and tell the guy to give it to the CO .

Timeline

Yeah dude .. our names are mentioned on the interview letter .... interview is on 7th. What confuses me is this CSPA bitchy thing so annoying i swear. I am still not sure what date to consider as approval date coz there is no document which clearly states DATE OF APPROVAL ...so and so....

ONly thing i could assume was the Notic of Action date to be the date of approval for caluclating CSPA thing.

you are right ...cspa is annoying .

for approval date, you can contact to nvc.wrtie an email .

ya,it is possible that notice of action date can be approval date.

Timeline

I would also suggest that make a letter requesting the CO to grant you and ur brother the immigrant visa. Mention all the details in the letter with ur age , names , priority dates ... date of approval and resultant grace period with the CSPA AGE and state that as per your understanding of the CSPA act and the following calculation you both should be granted the visas.

Its not necessary but highlighting all these dates / ages and CSPA just makes it easier for the CO to make up his mind ..its like pushing him to make the right decision with ease :P

Hand this letter to the people you submit your documents to during the wait in Queue on interview date and tell the guy to give it to the CO .

hmm..ok i will write a letter aboust cspa.

but, plz dont forget to share with this forum what happens into mumbai consulate on 7th august,,,and what they have to say about your, and your's sister's cspa ..coz we are into the same boat so it will help me... ok.

best of luck. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.