Mags

Naked Marshmallow Wrestling

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I agree in many ways. I do believe that it is human nature to judge, even without us realising it much of the time.

Many Christians DO judge others and that's fine, as long as they aren't selling themselves as the epitome of being the perfect Christian. If a Christian is honest about themselves, realises that they're not perfect all the time, then I appreciate the honesty. They're human, just like the rest of us.

However, it's the hypocrisy on display in many that gets my goat.

It's things like:

"Oh, God loves me, he is on my side. He loves me and I shall find salvation in Heaven."

Quickly followed by something judgemental and nasty like, as you mentioned above, a leader choking on a piece of food etc etc

But it's okay, because God loves 'em, right?

Perhaps it is the knowledge that their God loves them that drives them to be so venomous towards those who would demean their God.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Perhaps it is the knowledge that their God loves them that drives them to be so venomous towards those who would demean their God.

But what about those who have never demeaned God in any form and yet they still find themselves at the sharp end of the mean stick?

Christians were definitely not influential at the time of Jesus. In many places Christians were persecuted and they had to practice in secret. Which is why the Ichthys (Jesus fish as its known today) symbol originated.

But Jesus wasn't a dude that nobody knew about. He wouldn't be "anonymous" like most of us today are.

He'd at least have some kind of semi-celebrity like Khloe Kardashian or Nicole Richie or someone like that. Not necessarily an instantly recognizeable person, but at least folks would say, "that dude looks familiar."

It is prudence. Or is the Christian required to forgive no matter what and always turn the other cheek?

Part of the "problem" with Christianity is the Old Testament was left in with the New Testament. Strictly "Christian" - yes, you should forgive every single time and turn the other cheek. But, taking into account the Old Testament as well, you're supposed to be smart enough to know not to let a child molester watch your kids.

"Oh, God loves me, he is on my side. He loves me and I shall find salvation in Heaven."

Quickly followed by something judgemental and nasty like, as you mentioned above, a leader choking on a piece of food etc etc

My old roommate, who was super catholic, used to pray for money and to win the lottery.

I like being in the gym and folks tell me "Jesus will give you the power to lift that." Uh, dude, you go first. Not saying I don't have faith, but I'm pretty sure even Jesus wasn't a dummy.

I often wonder what kind of dude Jesus was before he became "the Jesus." I realize he was without sin and the son of god, but he was a carpenter. While I realize carpenters today are different than they were back in his day, they're not that much different. Carpenters tend to be a rough and tumble, no nonsense sort of folk. I wonder if Jesus was like that too.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.

[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

It does not say do not judge it states to expect judgement in the same form if you do judge.

Many people including myself forget this or distort the meaning.

We are human and we are fallible and it is most often easier to ignore the sins of our fellow christians than to enter their comfort zone of belief.

What is to be expected is if someone judges another out of a sinful nature or with out then they to should expect the same judgmenton themselves

ets seperate the 2 verses I hear being spoke here out of context. Please remember The books of Mathew and John are just that 2 different books both with thir own direct passages with an overall following of the gospels given to them. To take the verse from context is the easiest way to allow the meaning to be changed.

[1] Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

[2] And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

[8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

[9] And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.[/quote]

Jesus does not condemn the judging nor the sentence of that judging but reminds them in his own way that to condemn from mal intent judgment as they did (stated in red)is to expect the same condeming leading to the same sentence.

He further frgoes condemning the woman tells her to go and sin no more. (blue) It does not say he forgave her of those transgressions or that she was ith out sin of the judment goven to her. Most christians will state it insinuates the forgivness. But other scriptures tell how to recieve forgiveness.

Again I am not a theology major in old english as my grandfather was but he taught me to read the scriptures (all of them) and not to pull out verses and ditort their meaning from the context they were written in. He also said there may already be ditorted meanings in the scriptures from the different translations handed down through the ages to conform with modern language He stated "Only by faith that Holy Father would not allow the translations we to be distorted."

The OP made judgment on others in a maltcious way (albeit in their thought process humorus) in their opening statement.

Timeline

The OP made judgment on others in a maltcious way (albeit in their thought process humorus) in their opening statement.

:secret: But the OP isn't religious, so the above doesn't apply.

And if it does apply in an afterlife, of some sorts, then that's for her to deal with then. Perhaps she should take along a fruit basket?

Timeline

Then she asked me if I had "asked Jesus to be my personal Savior,"

You have to ask? Jesus can't read your thoughts? Maybe he's not as omnipotent as you think.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Judge him? I'd rip his testicles out through his throat.

But I'm allowed to do/wish this - I'm not Christian! :hehe: Wrong as previously stated. the condemning may be harsh in standards but scriptures state expect to be judged the same on your sins and possible condmening as you did.

I agree in many ways. I do believe that it is human nature to judge, even without us realising it much of the time. Of course it is

Many Christians DO judge others and that's fine, as long as they aren't selling themselves as the epitome of being the perfect Christian. If a Christian is honest about themselves, realises that they're not perfect all the time, then I appreciate the honesty. They're human, just like the rest of us. Absolutely

However, it's the hypocrisy on display in many that gets my goat. I agree

It's things like:

"Oh, God loves me, he is on my side. He loves me and I shall find salvation in Heaven." That is their belive what is sinful about that in the scrptures as long as they are judging with rightouesness. It is what they forget; that they to can be judged harshly and swiftly for their sins.

Quickly followed by something judgemental and nasty like, as you mentioned above, a leader choking on a piece of food etc etc Judgment for sins is stated in the New Testament; We will recieve Gods judgment when Jesus returns. I do not personally believe acts of God happen this way at this time.

But it's okay, because God loves 'em, right? Wrong

But what about those who have never demeaned God in any form and yet they still find themselves at the sharp end of the mean stick? Tell me one person that has never defamed God or sinned against him; with that said persecution is no the way of a Christian. Jesus did not lead or teach by persecution.

word occurs three times in the New Testament.

The designation of the early followers of Christ as Christians was initiated by the non-Christian population of Antioch (Acts 11:26), and originally it was probably a term of mocking or derision – "little Christs." Eventually, however, Christians used it of themselves as a name of honor, not of shame (Acts 26:28; I Peter 4:16). Prior to their adoption of the name, the Christians called themselves believers (Acts 5:14), brothers (Acts 6:3), or saints (Acts 9:13), names which also continued to be used

Timeline

:secret: But the OP isn't religious, so the above doesn't apply.

And if it does apply in an afterlife, of some sorts, then that's for her to deal with then. Perhaps she should take along a fruit basket?

The point was showing that judging others can be done wether there is malicious intent or not; I in no way referred to you as a christian or religeous.

:secret: Self rightouesness is not a character flaw of only christians or religeous faithed people.

Edited by evli1966

More people have been killed over religion than any other cause in human history.

Sad really, considering the main purpose of religion is to make folks docile and more easily controlled.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The point was showing that judging others can be done wether there is malicious intent or not; I in no way referred to you as a christian or religeous.

:secret: Self rightouesness is not a character flaw of only christians or religeous faithed people.

Maybe one of those variety mini muffin baskets, then?

Timeline

From my own anecdotal observations, different people have almost completely different ideas of what being a Christian means. To some, if you ask them, the only fundamental requirement is that you "ask Jesus to be your personal Savior," which apparently serves as a stay-out-of-hell free card.

While I was waiting at the doctor's office a couple of weeks ago, a woman sitting nearby asked me if I would like to read the Bible while I waited and I politely told her, "No thank you." She then asked me if I go to church and I told her, "Yes, I go to San Francisco De Asis parish, just across the street." Then she asked me if I had "asked Jesus to be my personal Savior," and I nodded my head, but she wasn't convinced and asked me if I was sure and I nodded again.

I'm sure she thought this was the way of spreading 'the message,' but IMO, living by example is the most powerful way to convey the principles of Christianity you aspire to. To me, it's the Mother Teresa's in this world that do far more to promote Christian principles than those who wear their heart on their sleeve.

You experienced a perfect example of someone who go to the extreme to envade someone else's faith comfort zone.

The next step for this person is to persecute the doctine of your church becasue you do not apply the doctrine of her church.

Not sure if I would have handled it a nicely as you did Steve; I wish I could say I would have for sure.

Timeline

More people have been killed over religion than any other cause in human history. Very true

Sad really, considering the main purpose of religion is to make folks docile and more easily controlled. That is the twisted and distorted purpose of religeous leaders to increase their own dominace and power in the world not the purpose of following a Christian faith. I can not speak for all religeons but I would think it would be the same for most.