Y&E

Dumb stuff Border Control does

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It's crazy how often they mess these little things up.

When I went to get my SSN sorted out, they said they couldn't find me under the K1 status, and that when I went through border control, the guy processed me under a Student visa. I have no idea how this happened, because we had a lengthy talk about my visa. So I made an infopass appointment to get my status changed back over, but when I got there, they told me I was entered under a Tourist visa (B2). They said they couldn't do anything about it, because they were "immigration" and not "border control". So I had to go back to the airport I entered at, and get them to change it on their systems, and then wait 2 weeks and go back to the SSO.

:bonk:

It just gets dafter

The people who process this stuff must be on sleeping pills and affirmative action for uneducated people who are long term unemployed

I once took a job and I got issued with a dyslexic data entry guy.

On the first day he said he was nipping out to the shop for some 'semi-skilled milk'

I used to give him a lift home sometimes but I came to work on my motorbike one day. He said 'I am not going to get on your pavillion' (pillion)

It was all day long and he had us in stitches - the boss just told me to forge the results at the month end coz the data was such garbled junk. it was local govt so it didnt matter

moresheep400100.jpg

It's crazy how often they mess these little things up.

When I went to get my SSN sorted out, they said they couldn't find me under the K1 status, and that when I went through border control, the guy processed me under a Student visa. I have no idea how this happened, because we had a lengthy talk about my visa. So I made an infopass appointment to get my status changed back over, but when I got there, they told me I was entered under a Tourist visa (B2). They said they couldn't do anything about it, because they were "immigration" and not "border control". So I had to go back to the airport I entered at, and get them to change it on their systems, and then wait 2 weeks and go back to the SSO.

:bonk:

I hope that you live somewhere near your POE! That would be such a hassle if you didn't! At least my issue only took a phone call (fingers crossed). Now the trauma of trying to get a driver licence begins!

Timeline

I hope that you live somewhere near your POE! That would be such a hassle if you didn't! At least my issue only took a phone call (fingers crossed). Now the trauma of trying to get a driver licence begins!

The actual test is laughably simple - short and sweet

a UK test is 65 billion times harder

book a test centre out in the sticks - no traffic - I did

moresheep400100.jpg

It just gets dafter

The people who process this stuff must be on sleeping pills and affirmative action for uneducated people who are long term unemployed

I once took a job and I got issued with a dyslexic data entry guy.

On the first day he said he was nipping out to the shop for some 'semi-skilled milk'

I used to give him a lift home sometimes but I came to work on my motorbike one day. He said 'I am not going to get on your pavillion' (pillion)

It was all day long and he had us in stitches - the boss just told me to forge the results at the month end coz the data was such garbled junk. it was local govt so it didnt matter

At least he made your workday amusing :)

The actual test is laughably simple - short and sweet

a UK test is 65 billion times harder

book a test centre out in the sticks - no traffic - I did

That's what I'd heard. That's not the hard part - I'm still on my K1 trying to get the licence - I've heard that's the hard part! But since I live somewhere that one HAS to drive I have to get the licence or drive uninsured :(

Timeline

At least he made your workday amusing :)

yeh he had a weight problem too - he was the same shape as a beach ball. He went on a high fibre diet and my secretary who was sat directly behind him had her hair blowing in the wind all day

He used to say 'pardon me' at the top of his voice. I could hear it from the next office

We went on a staff development thing with a lot of jumping around. He collapsed and my boss gave him mouth to mouth. It was some workplace

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.