sbrr

K1 After Marriage- AOS steps??

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just got married today (1 day before 1-94 for k1 expires!) phew*

Is the 1-485 the only thing I fill out and send out? (which will be sent out AFTER the I-94 expires- hope we're ok??) My fiance did the medical examination (not immunization) in Moscow. When he entered the US, the immigration took away that sealed envelope at the airport, since we don't have it anymore, do we have to get another medical exam/physical + immunizations to get certified w/ a civil surgeon and send it off with the AOS together? I hear he doesn't have to do the medical part again, but if we don't have the sealed envelope how the hell do we prove anything?

Is there a detailed cover sheet someone has step by step of what to send out with the AOS forms? Just like we did with the I-129F petition package?

Everything's so scattered and so is my brain right now. I hope you guys can help, it's impossible to call and get answers or ask people who don't know what the K1 visa is!

So confused about that. Everywhere I call in NY says they do the medical exam for people who want visas only, not people who try to adjust status so it's like they can't help us and they sound confused then they confuse me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Is the 1-485 the only thing I fill out and send out? (which will be sent out AFTER the I-94 expires- hope we're ok??) My fiance did the medical examination (not immunization) in Moscow. When he entered the US, the immigration took away that sealed envelope at the airport, since we don't have it anymore, do we have to get another medical exam/physical + immunizations to get certified w/ a civil surgeon and send it off with the AOS together? I hear he doesn't have to do the medical part again, but if we don't have the sealed envelope how the hell do we prove anything?

Is there a detailed cover sheet someone has step by step of what to send out with the AOS forms? Just like we did with the I-129F petition package?

Everything's so scattered and so is my brain right now. I hope you guys can help, it's impossible to call and get answers or ask people who don't know what the K1 visa is!

So confused about that. Everywhere I call in NY says they do the medical exam for people who want visas only, not people who try to adjust status so it's like they can't help us and they sound confused then they confuse me!

Hi, you can use the Guides for AOS on this site. I believe this is the link http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides. They have a complete list of things you need and steps to take and it's pretty much 99% accurate (you should always go on uscis.gov to check the updated forms). Hope this helps!

I-129F Sent .......... 2007-05-29 toNSC, then forwarded to CSC

I-129F NOA1 ........ 2007-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) ........ 2007-10-18 (very bad day, yak)

RFE Reply(s) ......... 2007-11-06

Touch.................... 2007-11-07

Touch.................... 2007-11-09

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Filed motion to reopen file a week later

Approved 2008-01-12

Interview at Embassy in Bucharest 2008-03-14 - Approved!!!!!!!!

Entry in the USA 2008-05-01

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Green card received w/o interview on 2008-12-09

Look on the Visa FAQ and it will tell you exactly what you need to send. You need copies of his visa, other forms other than the I-485, the fee, your marriage certificate etc etc.

As for the medical, if he had his medical less than a year ago then you do not need another. He should have been given his X-Rays and also at the medical he would have been given a form with what immunizations he has had on it. He should have kept these, these would NOT have gone in the brown envelope and this form has the date of you medical on too.

Check out the guides and the FAQ and you will be able to put the package together no problem at all.

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

ok, your husband should have received a document signed by the doctor who performed the mexical exam, a document that he would have taken with him, that paper would've been enough to send with your AOS packet. Not sure what you can do without it, maybe others can offer their advice.

Also the best guide you could ever use is this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

Don't worry about the author mentioning Australian, the process is the same and so is the paperwork. Just follow the guide and you'll be good :)

Edited by Sebas&Lily

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.