MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats on the baby caramel,

glad things are well mo..

jew, hope eric stawts help soon, you will have ur hands full

lol at steve chat bout him tiyad.. i feel him..lol, but he will get used to working at the job and at home soon :devil::devil::devil:

lady c, sounds like a nice bday trip is in store..

i am sooooooooooo appreciative of my husband, he helps take care of our household, when i think about doing things he has already taken care of it, yard work incl, and fixes everything!! who needs a repair man..

a year later, he is still my helpmate and my friend and the lover i never knew i could have..

friday nite i had a nice bubble bath for him with candles, sat we had friends and family over for game night..since our wedding was pretty much an elopement, i wanted to include everybody in our 1st anniversary.. sat night we went to the RDX concert.. couldn't have had a better anni weekend..

yesterday last min school shopping and 2 strand twist my daughter hair and sent her off to 1st day of school this morning..WHEW.. i guess i will fall out by 2pm lol :P

thanks tee, i am feeling MUCH better, almost all clear..

Aww such sweet words to say about you hubby and good job Roger!

Oooh I love two strand twists.. thats how I started my locs :)

Im glad you are feeling better :)

Hubby and I were talking last night and he was saying that he knows VJ is a place for Immigration stuff, but that we all chat too much because if we sing praises about something our mate did for us, it might cause conflict with another couple. I told him, that's life. Even in real life people may get jealous of things that happen in another's relationship, or it could have the opposite effect. People can learn from one another. It just depends on how one processes it... Then I wanted to :bonk: him on the head for talking about our VJ family when he don't even come on to see what is what, he probably getting second hand info..... Cho!

morning all

Hey Bajan! Tell us how things went....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aww such sweet words to say about you hubby and good job Roger!

Oooh I love two strand twists.. thats how I started my locs :)

Im glad you are feeling better :)

Hubby and I were talking last night and he was saying that he knows VJ is a place for Immigration stuff, but that we all chat too much because if we sing praises about something our mate did for us, it might cause conflict with another couple. I told him, that's life. Even in real life people may get jealous of things that happen in another's relationship, or it could have the opposite effect. People can learn from one another. It just depends on how one processes it... Then I wanted to :bonk: him on the head for talking about our VJ family when he don't even come on to see what is what, he probably getting second hand info..... Cho!

Hey Bajan! Tell us how things went....

well you know tee, roger used to always get info on the controversy from me, so he didn't like it, another vjer husband and roger finally broke it down to us that we were always telling them about the bad that some ja husbands were doing and they thought it was filling our minds with negativity about ja/us relationships :bonk: i was like dang,NOOO WAYYYY there is sooooo much positivity and hope and learning that takes place.. i gotta start telling him all the GOOD stuff so he will understand we not just bashing our men..but he also don't like that i tell so much on vj :wacko::wacko: so how can anybody ever be built up if everybody jus stay quiet???? i know i was blessed by the "talkers" that came b4 me, like gil, shemmy, stonelove, marlita,kimmy.. i know its everyone right to not talk or talk, but i appreciate and DONT HATE on anybody that can provide insight and encourage and even warn..i love to hear ya'll big up ya man... don't stop!!!!!!!!!!!

yardie thread 4 LIFE!!!!

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline

well you know tee, roger used to always get info on the controversy from me, so he didn't like it, another vjer husband and roger finally broke it down to us that we were always telling them about the bad that some ja husbands were doing and they thought it was filling our minds with negativity about ja/us relationships :bonk: i was like dang,NOOO WAYYYY there is sooooo much positivity and hope and learning that takes place.. i gotta start telling him all the GOOD stuff so he will understand we not just bashing our men..but he also don't like that i tell so much on vj :wacko::wacko: so how can anybody ever be built up if everybody jus stay quiet???? i know i was blessed by the "talkers" that came b4 me, like gil, shemmy, stonelove, marlita,kimmy.. i know its everyone right to not talk or talk, but i appreciate and DONT HATE on anybody that can provide insight and encourage and even warn..i love to hear ya'll big up ya man... don't stop!!!!!!!!!!!

yardie thread 4 LIFE!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more, but with him I do tell him the good stuff. I think in his mind he thinks that I will fuss at him if for example he doesn't have a bubble bath ready for me like roger did for you. He needs to come on here and get some good tips instead of thinking that its all negative.

Im a talker too... shoo its in my nature. I do however try to steer clear of negative things that happen in our marriage, I just sort of deal with it my own way....or when I do its because I need another point of view on the matter. I just feel sometimes my husband puts too much thought into things that may not even be there to begin with. He overthinks...:wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MrsTee-- I hope you are feeling better today.

I wasn't part of the original Yardie home and a farrin, but it was up and running for a long time. Change is always a great thing. Most times.

Hello Yardies!!!!!!!

OK, so I have have to get the house ready for Eric's daughter, Tenielia. She soon come and I am nervous as hell. I know we get along great but I am just worried about finances, school, Eric, and the new baby. I have enough on my plate with just Eric and this little one in the oven. I constantly tell Eric to help me with some of the house work, but if I am off, he doesn't do anything. Hell, he can't even put his dirty clothes in the hamper. And now a 5 year old comes into the picture and soon after a newborn. LAWD Help ME

You need to have a serious conversation with him because you don't need more added stress during your pregnancy. You want to be able to give birth to nice and heathly baby. I already told my fiance if I come in tired from work don't expect me to cook. So, luckily we split the household responsibilities and we are dealing with two 3 year olds. Good luck to you!!!

Timeline

I couldn't agree with you more, but with him I do tell him the good stuff. I think in his mind he thinks that I will fuss at him if for example he doesn't have a bubble bath ready for me like roger did for you. He needs to come on here and get some good tips instead of thinking that its all negative.

Im a talker too... shoo its in my nature. I do however try to steer clear of negative things that happen in our marriage, I just sort of deal with it my own way....or when I do its because I need another point of view on the matter. I just feel sometimes my husband puts too much thought into things that may not even be there to begin with. He overthinks...:wacko:

awww.. tell him nuh worry bout wha others do, i heard u say once you are his first girlfriend.. he prolly is just still intimidated by that fact, i could only imagine.. i mean you know he is all you need, but its prolly hard for him to grasp it, but he will find confidence in the fact that he is doing just what you need how you need!!

shoo.. i had the bubble bath for ROGER girl!! lol he worked friday night and got off at 12midnight so i thought it would set the day off nice.. and IT DID!!!!!!!!!!!

i was glad to do something special for him, i find myself being a receiver alot and roger mentioned it one day in conversation.. he said, remember that time we had fruit and champagne in the tub?? i guess the only time we will do it again is if i put it together quana..i was like WHOA??? and i couldn't even trip cuz LATELY its been true.. when he first go here i was always doing things cuz i wanted him to feel comfortable.. during our visits i did stuff, cuz heck i was on vacay, but now that we living life and work and kids and church get in the way..

that was a wake up call to me.. i had become the very thing i preached against lol.. letting life get in the way of SHOWING my husband how much i appreciated him.., "to my husband and I".. its not the THOUGHTS that count lol.. we both are DEMONSTRATIVE lovers, that need the special moments and paying attention to and EFFORT..

im doing much better these days.. another reason communcition is the key.. we could have went on for years like that and i didn't think nothing was wrong.. we still had date night, still had sexy parties all the dyam time LOL.. but he needed more..

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline

This is totally my problem as well! I over think everything!!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

My wife misses ja dishes. In birmingham, there is no jamaican stores. I hear atlanta has a jamaican store. I need to know if has the yams,bananna,salt fish,bread,pattie,curry spices,carrot juice.

you can order patty online.. i think its sam's something.. i will find it..

we use the salt pollock for our salt fish, roger says its a good substitute..

found it

www.sams24-7.com

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline

You need to have a serious conversation with him because you don't need more added stress during your pregnancy. You want to be able to give birth to nice and heathly baby. I already told my fiance if I come in tired from work don't expect me to cook. So, luckily we split the household responsibilities and we are dealing with two 3 year olds. Good luck to you!!!

:thumbs:

Timeline

i def use discretion on what i speak on ..good and bad.. some things we got to just keep to ourselves i believe..esp if nothing fruitful can come out of sharing it..

Timeline

Dang Q I just checked that site out and it costs more to ship than it does for the items.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Dang Q I just checked that site out and it costs more to ship than it does for the items.

yeah.. i never ordered there LOL.. i just remember the yardies used to talk about it.. i think they have that you should buy alot of stuff at one time for the shipping to be worth it.. imma see.. i just ate my last patty sunday and mi tink mi ago stawt guh tru withdrawal LOL should told jq to bring me some back, with some coconut drops too..DANG those are good!!

Timeline

awww.. tell him nuh worry bout wha others do, i heard u say once you are his first girlfriend.. he prolly is just still intimidated by that fact, i could only imagine.. i mean you know he is all you need, but its prolly hard for him to grasp it, but he will find confidence in the fact that he is doing just what you need how you need!!

shoo.. i had the bubble bath for ROGER girl!! lol he worked friday night and got off at 12midnight so i thought it would set the day off nice.. and IT DID!!!!!!!!!!!

i was glad to do something special for him, i find myself being a receiver alot and roger mentioned it one day in conversation.. he said, remember that time we had fruit and champagne in the tub?? i guess the only time we will do it again is if i put it together quana..i was like WHOA??? and i couldn't even trip cuz LATELY its been true.. when he first go here i was always doing things cuz i wanted him to feel comfortable.. during our visits i did stuff, cuz heck i was on vacay, but now that we living life and work and kids and church get in the way..

that was a wake up call to me.. i had become the very thing i preached against lol.. letting life get in the way of SHOWING my husband how much i appreciated him.., "to my husband and I".. its not the THOUGHTS that count lol.. we both are DEMONSTRATIVE lovers, that need the special moments and paying attention to and EFFORT..

im doing much better these days.. another reason communcition is the key.. we could have went on for years like that and i didn't think nothing was wrong.. we still had date night, still had sexy parties all the dyam time LOL.. but he needed more..

Yep Q, I just try to help him ease his fears and worries. He gonna be alright!

This is totally my problem as well! I over think everything!!!!

Well you need to stop it!!!! :bonk:

Timeline

Yep Q, I just try to help him ease his fears and worries. He gonna be alright!

Well you need to stop it!!!! :bonk:

Easier said than done. Girl I will over think why the chicken isn't thawing out quick enough I am a hot mess. :lol: M tells me every day I should have been an investigator or a lawyer with how many different cenarios I can come up with over just one little thing.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Easier said than done. Girl I will over think why the chicken isn't thawing out quick enough I am a hot mess. :lol: M tells me every day I should have been an investigator or a lawyer with how many different cenarios I can come up with over just one little thing.

lol.. you crazy dills..

oh well, guess imma go check and see if i can get a good ja flight in dec like mo..

lata.. have a good day..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.