Miss Sparkle

Walk-in EAD Los Angeles

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So I have read you can walk in to the California Service Center with yout NOA1 from your AOS package and recieve your EAD in 30 days or less... Has anyone done this or heard about it as well??

Any insight would be much appriciated :help:

you mean an interim EAD?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
you mean an interim EAD?

No the original one, if you don't send the I-765 with the AOS package you should be able to walkin with the notice from AOS and get the EAD faster instead of waiting up to 90 days... Sounds wrong?

Filed: Timeline

you mean an interim EAD?

No the original one, if you don't send the I-765 with the AOS package you should be able to walkin with the notice from AOS and get the EAD faster instead of waiting up to 90 days... Sounds wrong?

The only way to apply for EAD is with or after you file for AOS... this can not be done at your local office it has to be sent to Chicago Lockbox.... there is no quick way to get EAD based on AOS c9 category.. you have to wait the same as everyone else.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I heard something about this too, I guess about a year ago. I never could find anything to support it though, and I ended up losing where I'd seen it originally... I guess the best thing to do would be to call the LA office and check, although my bet goes with Kezzie...

1999 -- met randomly online, talked/called often

Dec 02 -- finally figured it out :)

Aug 3 05 -- submitted I-129F

Aug 10 05 -- received NOA1

Sept 05 -- two weeks in England

Oct 14 05 -- received NOA2

Oct 20 05 -- requested police certificate check thingy

Oct 25 05 -- petition sent to London Embassy!

Nov 8 05 -- Packet 3 received!!

Dec 05 -- where's the police report??

Jan 7 06 -- after much checking up, received letter saying police check app and payment received... finally! maybe now something will start moving

April 1 06 -- turned in Packet 3, holy cow

May 23 06 -- Consulate still says no Packet 3 :( gonna try to resend the forms...

June 6 06 -- new Packet 3 signed for at Consulate, waiting starts over

July 14 06 -- received Packet 4 - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! (I have been waiting SO long to put this on here!!!)

August 1 06 -- Medical in London :D

August 15 06 -- INTERVIEW @ 10:30 am

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS

Dec 26 2006 -- AOS & EAD sent

Jan 3 2007 -- NOAs for AOS & EAD

Jan 19 07 -- Biometrics appointment

Jan 19 07 -- Touched

Jan 22 07 -- Touched

Jan 24 07 -- Touched

Feb 5 07 -- Received Interview Appointment letter

March 20 07 -- AOS Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I heard something about this too, I guess about a year ago. I never could find anything to support it though, and I ended up losing where I'd seen it originally... I guess the best thing to do would be to call the LA office and check, although my bet goes with Kezzie...

1999 -- met randomly online, talked/called often

Dec 02 -- finally figured it out :)

Aug 3 05 -- submitted I-129F

Aug 10 05 -- received NOA1

Sept 05 -- two weeks in England

Oct 14 05 -- received NOA2

Oct 20 05 -- requested police certificate check thingy

Oct 25 05 -- petition sent to London Embassy!

Nov 8 05 -- Packet 3 received!!

Dec 05 -- where's the police report??

Jan 7 06 -- after much checking up, received letter saying police check app and payment received... finally! maybe now something will start moving

April 1 06 -- turned in Packet 3, holy cow

May 23 06 -- Consulate still says no Packet 3 :( gonna try to resend the forms...

June 6 06 -- new Packet 3 signed for at Consulate, waiting starts over

July 14 06 -- received Packet 4 - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! (I have been waiting SO long to put this on here!!!)

August 1 06 -- Medical in London :D

August 15 06 -- INTERVIEW @ 10:30 am

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS

Dec 26 2006 -- AOS & EAD sent

Jan 3 2007 -- NOAs for AOS & EAD

Jan 19 07 -- Biometrics appointment

Jan 19 07 -- Touched

Jan 22 07 -- Touched

Jan 24 07 -- Touched

Feb 5 07 -- Received Interview Appointment letter

March 20 07 -- AOS Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I believe you used to be able to do that, and then they changed the rules and now all roads lead to the Chicago Lockbox.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.