Zai & Gary

Email address was changed at NVC, how?

2 posts in this topic

I called the NVC today to ask about my case and when the operator was verifying my information she verified my Name, correct; Date of Birth, correct; but when she told me my email address to verify it she gave an email address that was none of the emails I had previously given to them. Now here is the really strange part, it was my work email address. I am positive that I never gave them my work email address on any forms or by phone. How is it possible that they had my work email address associated to my info and not one of the email address that I had given to them and have been receiving email from them on?

Edited by Zai & Gary

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think your question is better directed to a supervisor at NVC. It sounds like a specific situation.

Also, Are you sure you didn't use your work email at any point on any form? Even back in the petition stage? Possibly just double check all the copies of all your paper-work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.